Guardians of the Galaxy

Joe Brody

kongisking said:
You can see the actor emote....but he still keeps the badass helmet on. :cool:

Don't forget the scarring and spattering to the helmet during fight scenes to show emotion/intensity/anger.

jsarino

New poster out today. Also, full trailer expected to hit on 5/19/14 (10:30am PST).

a6Qxpmq.jpg

TheFedora

The star wars parallels are very obvious in the marketing for the poster at hte least. They want to draw that connection in the viewers minds I am thinking. Still, depends a lot on how the full trailer turns out.

Le Saboteur

It's the greatest thing in the history of mankind!

Oh yeah!

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/89yh3vYs-zo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Le Saboteur

featofstrength said:
I foresee a lot of geeks getting raccoons as household pets...I also see an increase in rabies shots.

Yes, because raccoons inherently come with rabies.

Jay-Sprays-Manny-With-Water-Bottle-Modern-Family.gif

Marvel has formally released the trailer in full 1080p.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2LIQ2-PZBC8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You're welcome.

Le Saboteur said:
Yes, because raccoons inherently come with rabies.

Inherently, no...but they are among the primary carriers. Though only one person has ever died of the raccoon strain of rabies, I'd bet anyone bitten by a creature that is classified as a wild animal is sure to get the shot(s). You wouldn't take precautions when your Groot cosplay goes awry after trying to stuff a real raccoon into a tiny orange jumpsuit to be your accessory?

I'd also wager $10 that there will be a "rabies" joke directed at Rocket at some point in this film

Last edited:

Montana Smith

A new trailer:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3CqymRQ1uUU?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jsarino

A new TV spot...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nPOhVCVA-uU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Montana Smith

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ysT_hI4mTx0?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Joe Brody

Given the the week Fourth of July returns and the slate of weird movies and retreads between now and the GoG's August release, and I've got to say that this film might do some damage at the box office.

Let's see what Sco Jo can do -- but I'm not seeing much else besides fringe fare.

kongisking

I went to a local AMC IMAX screening of 17 minutes from the film, and it was fantastic. This movie seems to have a perfect juggling act of humor and thrills and inventive effects going for it. All the characters had great bits that hint at awesome characterization possibilities, and the scene-stealers are absolutely Groot and Rocket. This movie's kicked my ass and taken my name...and I haven't even seen the whole thing yet. Guh.