Indy 5 news 2017

seasider

Dr.Sartorius said:
They're waiting till Ford is pushing 80. :rolleyes: Why couldn't Spielberg make Indy 5 before these two other movies? Age obviously isn't an issue because they're just going to reboot or have a sidekick replace him for Indy 6. :mad:

That's more Disney's doing than Spielberg. They have their big franchises to deal with in the coming years including Star Wars and the Marvel movies. Both this year and next year are slammed with big studio tentpole flicks. Having Indy 5 as a late summer 2019 is probably its best chance for the movie to make money. It will also give them time to do all their marketing and theme park tie-ins.

Udvarnoky

Interesting that The Post is being that fast-tracked. I don't see these developments impacting Indy, though. I bet Mortara will shoot in autumn or winter.

seasider

Last I heard they were having casting issues with Mortara. Spielberg still has not yet found a child actor he likes after auditioning hundreds of kids. Coincidentally, this will be the 2nd time Spielberg has put The Kidnapping of Edgardo Mortara project on the backburner in favor of a Tom Hanks movie.

seasider

TheFedora said:
So saw this rumor online and it seems pretty fake, a bit too detailed tbh

http://www.starwarsjunk.net/indy5.html

Interesting but I doubt it's legit. I like the idea of delving into Belloq's backstory but the bit about him also being mentored by Abner feels too much of a stretch. If that were true then why does it seem like he and Marion have never met before in Raiders? I would think they would've crossed paths. I mean Marion is basically the reason why Indy and Abner had a falling out in their relationship.

Demi-Lune

seasider said:
Interesting but I doubt it's legit. I like the idea of delving into Belloq's backstory but the bit about him also being mentored by Abner feels too much of a stretch. If that were true then why does it seem like he and Marion have never met before in Raiders? I would think they would've crossed paths. I mean Marion is basically the reason why Indy and Abner had a falling out in their relationship.

Belloq and Indy meeting when they were mentored by Abner Ravenwood was in one of the fake Indy IV scripts that was circulating back in the day. Indiana Jones and the Sword of Arthur, IIRC.

TheFedora

Granted i have a feeing its fake, however what I found interesting is that this is referring to a return to India. As far as I know, Indy didn't revisit any locale in the previous movies... anyway it does have the mix of old/young Indy in here too. And yeah the thing about the Abner mentoring both Indy and Belloq also in the fake script does sound suspicious too.

Udvarnoky

The concept's not terrible, really, and is along the lines of what a number of fans have proposed already. Retconning Belloq as a student of Abner is a bit lame, but it's certainly something you could imagine Koepp and Spielberg foisting upon us after the Harold Oxley fiasco. It also appealing dusts off an early idea for Temple of letting us see Indy and Belloq back when they were still collaborators.

No idea how much stock to put into this, but they could definitely do worse than this foundation.

Raiders90

Udvarnoky said:
The concept's not terrible, really, and is along the lines of what a number of fans have proposed already. Retconning Belloq as a student of Abner is a bit lame, but it's certainly something you could imagine Koepp and Spielberg foisting upon us after the Harold Oxley fiasco. It also appealing dusts off an early idea for Temple of letting us see Indy and Belloq back when they were still collaborators.

No idea how much stock to put into this, but they could definitely do worse than this foundation.

I agree. Actually, with a bit of tweaking I wouldn't mind seeing an Indy V based around this sort of a premise. My only hope is that Harrison's Indy gets at least 50% of the screen-time and that a bulk of that is him in action, in the driver's seat, not talking or watching someone else fight. I want Harrison to go off on a high note. That said, the rest sounds pretty cool. I do think finally introducing Abner in some way would also be really neat, but I don't think Belloq should be his student too.

Silvor

Not a fan of this plot rumor.
It just seems incredibly cliche with old Indy sitting down to tell a flashback story. Kinda cringeworthy like something you'd see on a crappy tv show.
Let Ford have his last Indy movie to himself.

Last edited:

Walecs

Silvor said:
Not a fan of this plot rumor.
It just seems incredibly cliche with old Indy sitting down to tell a flashback story. Kinda cringeworthy like something you'd see on a crappy tv show.
Let Ford have his last Indy movie to himself.

This. :whip:

Dr.Sartorius

"Indiana in the early to mid 1960s, and still trying to adjust to a married lifestyle and being a new grandfather."

So Mutt had a kid between 1957 and the early 60s? :confused:

Face_Melt

TheFedora said:
So saw this rumor online and it seems pretty fake, a bit too detailed tbh

http://www.starwarsjunk.net/indy5.html

I think a plot much like this is what most of us speculate will happen. Harrison Ford led Indy film with a few flashbacks set in his younger days introducing a younger actor to continue the franchise in further installments. Everything remains canon. Pretty cool idea. And Belloq being involved makes sense as Spielberg said it's for the fans.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
curmudgeon said:
Between the rumor referring to Marcus in a non-flashback context and the site being full of uncaught spelling errors, I'm thinking that whoever ran that story isn't very bright.

Wonder if whoever ran this story is reading this thread; Marcus has been removed, presumably replaced with Stanforth.

TheFedora

Face_Palm said:
I think a plot much like this is what most of us speculate will happen. Harrison Ford led Indy film with a few flashbacks set in his younger days introducing a younger actor to continue the franchise in further installments. Everything remains canon. Pretty cool idea. And Belloq being involved makes sense as Spielberg said it's for the fans.

So yeah, flashback would let it be more of a 'soft reboot' and be a way to let another actor potentially take over as I said in my last post. And yeah, Belloq does bring it full circle so to speak.

StarWarsJunk

curmudgeon said:
Between the rumor referring to Marcus in a non-flashback context and the site being full of uncaught spelling errors, I'm thinking that whoever ran that story isn't very bright.

I can finally reply :)

First sorry for any errors on my website or in the store. I have Dysgraphia and Dyslexia and i have are hard time with spelling, cause my mind will see it as the right way, even if i read it 10000 times. I did read the Indiana Jones rumor over and over and had the computer read it over and over but i guess i missed a few things. Deeply sorry if any of the errors on the page upset you. However it does not mean one isn't very bright cause he has a learning disability.

As for the Marcus error that is 100% my fault as it should have been Charles. I have fixed it once someone on twitter pointed it out.

I can't say the store is true, all i can say it I believe the person that told me, that he heard about it. I mostly do not post rumors but it's been slow for Indiana Jones news and thought, I would share it to see what others thank
SWJ

StarWarsJunk

Raiders112390 said:
I agree. Actually, with a bit of tweaking I wouldn't mind seeing an Indy V based around this sort of a premise. My only hope is that Harrison's Indy gets at least 50% of the screen-time and that a bulk of that is him in action, in the driver's seat, not talking or watching someone else fight. I want Harrison to go off on a high note. That said, the rest sounds pretty cool. I do think finally introducing Abner in some way would also be really neat, but I don't think Belloq should be his student too.

From what I was told, Belloq is more of a student in Abner group, and Indiana is the teachers pet or close with Abner. Again I can't back up the story and it was mostly shared to just see what others thought.
Sorry took me so long to reply to all this. My account FedoraHead hasn't been used in a few years and i couldn't remember the password.