Indy 5 news 2017

curmudgeon

StarWarsJunk said:
I can finally reply :)

First sorry for any errors on my website or in the store. I have Dysgraphia and Dyslexia and i have are hard time with spelling, cause my mind will see it as the right way, even if i read it 10000 times. I did read the Indiana Jones rumor over and over and had the computer read it over and over but i guess i missed a few things. Deeply sorry if any of the errors on the page upset you. However it does not mean one isn't very bright cause he has a learning disability.

As for the Marcus error that is 100% my fault as it should have been Charles. I have fixed it once someone on twitter pointed it out.

I can't say the store is true, all i can say it I believe the person that told me, that he heard about it. I mostly do not post rumors but it's been slow for Indiana Jones news and thought, I would share it to see what others thank
SWJ

Fair enough. Dyslexia sucks and I know a few obnoxiously high IQ people who suffer from it too, so apologies.

That said, until there's something more solid than your word (which you aren't giving, because you're not saying that the rumor is necessarily true) I can't accept it as legit.

Spielberg wasn't keen on anyone else playing Indy, so I have to assume that will hold true on whichever version of the film he eventually directs.

Udvarnoky

curmudgeon said:
Spielberg wasn't keen on anyone else playing Indy, so I have to assume that will hold true on whichever version of the film he eventually directs.

He cast River Phoenix as a kid Indy. It's really not much of a stretch to think he'd cast "apprentice Indy" too.

The dual-narrative idea was one I had more enthusiasm for a few years ago than now, but it can certainly work. But wouldn't want it to be 50/50. It still needs to be Ford's movie, with the flashblacks being very selective.

TheFedora

Udvarnoky said:
He cast River Phoenix as a kid Indy. It's really not much of a stretch to think he'd cast "apprentice Indy" too.

The dual-narrative idea was one I had more enthusiasm for a few years ago than now, but it can certainly work. But wouldn't want it to be 50/50. It still needs to be Ford's movie, with the flashblacks being very selective.

I would also be behind the dual narrative thing too, as long as it does not feel disjointed or that it doesn't disrupt the overall flow of the story.

StarWarsJunk

curmudgeon said:
That said, until there's something more solid than your word (which you aren't giving, because you're not saying that the rumor is necessarily true) I can't accept it as legit.

Agree, thats why on the site I made it clear it wasn't to be taking a legit and just hear say.... just putting it out there and also as the story said, it was one of a few things being talked about

curmudgeon

Udvarnoky said:

The thing with that is, wouldn't a comment about the next film, made within the last year and a half, supersede a decision he made about a different film several decades ago?

I'll agree with that. I'm not against a dual narrative film per se, but I'd be way more for it if it was the next film after 5. I didn't wait almost 9 years so far, to only get Harry in half a movie.

Udvarnoky

curmudgeon said:
The thing with that is, wouldn't a comment about the next film, made within the last year and a half, supersede a decision he made about a different film several decades ago?

I'm not convinced that the comment he made within the last year and a half would even be contradicted by casting a younger Indy for a hypothetical flashback narrative. In the context of his quote, he was specifically talking about the idea of Harrison Ford being replaced as Indiana Jones. And even that's kind of moot because he can really only enforce that policy as long as he's directing the movies.

There's also the fact that Spielberg straight-up says one thing and then does another on occasion. See: respecting Slocombe's style on Indy4, relying on practical effects work on Indy4, etc.

seasider

I was just thinking about that. The last time that happened they pretty much canceled the Golden Globes that year and the city of L.A lost over 2 billion dollars so it is a big deal in Hollywood. With Indy 5, we're still a couple of years out from the current release date so my hope is it will be a short lived strike and the plans for Indy will remain on schedule.

Udvarnoky

It's been over a year since Koepp was hired (March 2016), although I don't get the impression he's been actively working on Indy 5 for that long. It's anybody's guess what state the script will be in if the strike happens in May.

Indyfan82

Originally Posted by TheFedora
So saw this rumor online and it seems pretty fake, a bit too detailed tbh

http://www.starwarsjunk.net/indy5.html

I think a plot much like this is what most of us speculate will happen. Harrison Ford led Indy film with a few flashbacks set in his younger days introducing a younger actor to continue the franchise in further installments. Everything remains canon. Pretty cool idea. And Belloq being involved makes sense as Spielberg said it's for the fans.
I just read this and wow- I really hope this doesn't happen. Sorry, but I want Indiana Jones 5 to be Harrison Ford's movie, as it should probably be his last hurrah as Indy. Now, if Disney is insistent on continuing Indiana Jones movies with a younger actor (as I feel fairly sure they're going to do- which I'd rather not see, but anyway...)- then, as someone else noted, this could be a fine plot for a sixth Indiana Jones film to pass on the baton. (It would be rather reminiscent of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, which would be nice.) But don't do it for this next movie.

Udvarnoky

It can work if there are very few flashbacks. Nobody accused River Phoenix of hijacking Last Crusade, for example.

Going with The Godfather Part II analogy - if that movie did 50% Vito Corleone and 50% Michael Corleone, Indy 5 needs to be like 90% Old Indy. I don't know if they're capable of that restraint, though, which is the concern.

Z dweller

Before Indy 5 was announced, I was hoping for a new director and screenwriter, with a 20% Old Indy, 80% Young Indy split.

But at this stage, since Spielbierg and Koepp are running the show, I would content myself with the reverse.

Last edited:

Pale Horse

Staff member
Well ****.

I meant to quote and hit edit incorrectly.

Stoo, this is a formal apology. I lost your reply.

IndyBuff

Forbidden Eye said:
Well our fears were realized, it's been delayed until 2020. Star Wars gets prioritized yet again.

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-ix-and-next-indiana-jones-get-release-dates

I just saw this news as well. I love Star Wars but I'm tired of Indy getting shoved aside. Ford's nearly 75 and now they want to wait three additional years before release? That's just insane. It's sad that Disney seems to have so little respect for the franchise. I get that Star Wars is the big money maker but would it kill them to go one year without it so we could get one last Indy film in 2018 or 2019?(n)

Udvarnoky

I hope Spielberg shoots this in summer 2018 regardless. They're playing dumb games where Harry's mortality is concerned.