Indy on IMAX

caats

i'd go. i see you're from austin, i really want an Indy marathon at alamo drafthouse. i imagine they prob did it when IV was being released.

aJakeinthePlane

i was so hoping that 4 would be released at imax. I was disappointed when the only movie they were showing at the time was speed racer.(n)
hopefully someday my dream will be realized.:gun:

seasider

Paramount missed a golden opportunity by not putting KOTCS in IMAX. They did eventually released Transformers in IMAX in late 2007 but it was bad timing. The movie should've been released in IMAX on day 1. But going back Indy,these are movies that are perfect for that format. The success of The Dark Knight shows how well the format can serve a film's success. Other movies like Jurassic Park and Saving Private Ryan would've looked great in IMAX too.

The Magic Rat

Haha, it's quite funny that you bring this up as this really bothered me that it wasn't on IMAX. I actually had a dream that it was on IMAX back when it was first released, woke up disappointed!

IAdventurer01

A chance? Seems to me it's pretty official - the IMAX closest to me is already listing showtimes on their website.

As someone's who's too young to have ever seen it on a big screen, I am unbelievably psyched for this! :D

Goonie

If Raiders comes to one of our two IMAX screens, I'm there! (y) Raiders and Doom are the two that I haven't seen on the big screen yet.

Crack that whip

I am so jonesing (heh) for this!

All you young Raveners who weren't around to see it on the big screen, now's your chance!

(BTW, hi again, all!)

russds

Definitely planning on going. Here's a pretty official word from The New York Times: http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/14/raiders-of-the-lost-ark-to-receive-imax-re-release/

“For me, it’s always been the bigger the screen, the better,” - Steven Spielberg...nice. :)

Here's a list of theaters: http://www.imax.com/movies/m/indiana-jones-and-the-raiders-of-the-lost-ark-the-imax-experience/

Looking forward to it.
-Russ

Edit: Just read through the New York Times article, actually great interview with Spielberg. Recommended.

Last edited:

indyclone25

thanks russds for the link , it is playing less than five miles from !!! i will be going on the 9-9 2012 , just because it's my birthday!!!!

fenris

I wonder if this will be a worldwide event? I sure hope they show it in IMAX theaters over here.

russds

I'm definitely excited about it. I would love to see packed theaters and a breathe of fresh air into the franchise.

kongisking

Damn it, now I'm gonna simply have to save up my money for this, and IMAX is hideously expensive...but it'll be worth it!

Maybe if this is successful, Lucas might take notice and start writing Indy 5? Hope springs eternal...:D

Crack that whip

I just went ahead and ordered my ticket for the marathon screening on the 15th. I'll also see some of the separate Raiders screenings, but there are numerous showings of that, so I'm not worried about that one just yet.