Indiana Jones 5: July 19, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndyFan89

I'm back! My fandom is feeling energized and I'm ready to enjoy the road to Indy 5 will all the good folks here!

It's happening!!!

EvilEmperorZoRG

Just read... Never believed it will happen : O

Felt the need to login after so many years to share my happiness lol

Let the hype and rumors begin : _D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

EddyW

Welcome back gang, here's to the next 3 fun years of anticipating and speculating. Can't wait, but three years... that's a loooong wait. :whip:

WeAreGoingToDie

As far as plot, I've always wanted to see a late 60s Indy film set during the Vietnam War and involving some sort of super soldier program or a spin on the whole Frankenstein story. Have an evil former Nazi scientist in the jungle conducting experiments on dead and dying soldiers.

Grizzlor

Two things, yes awesome news. Obviously Ford will film this in 2018, which I think is right on the cusp of what he can pull off age-wise. I see people talking about filming a 6th film back to back. Has that been mentioned publicly at all?

InVader

I think the best part of Indy 4 was all of the traffic here on the forum. Hopefully, like last time, lots of fun stuff to come.

Forbidden Eye

Attila the Professor said:
anyway, on the off-chance anyone official is looking here for our reactions, didn't somebody put together a compendium of links to our best musings on what a fifth film could offer?

We dig snow, Alfred Hitchcock, and noir. Also something called the Dial of Ahaz, along with this picture:

2851420726_b336f8d331.jpg

Oh, and maybe go farther away than Hawaii for principal filming? You done good by the Western Hemisphere last time around. Easy way to avoid delving too deep on that family drama, too.

(y) to all of this.

Still not sure what an ideal MacGuffin would be. Used to Atlantis, but maybe that ship has sunk(no pun intended) and best left to Pirates?

Pale Horse

Staff member
Attila the Professor said:
Anyway, on the off-chance anyone official is looking here for our reactions, didn't somebody put together a compendium of links to our best musings on what a fifth film could offer?

We dig snow, Alfred Hitchcock, and noir. Also something called the Dial of Ahaz,...

The (cough, cough) Tree of Life shouldn't be dismissed. Afterall, it's in the previously created Indy V forum.

FordFan

Forbidden Eye said:
(y) to all of this.

Still not sure what an ideal MacGuffin would be. Used to Atlantis, but maybe that ship has sunk(no pun intended) and best left to Pirates?

I don't think the MacGuffin matters. The second movie featured magic rocks after all. As long as the movie establishes an emotional connection between us and the characters and creates peril... which the last one forgot to do completely... they're good.

Forbidden Eye

FordFan said:
I don't think the MacGuffin matters. The second movie featured magic rocks after all. As long as the movie establishes an emotional connection between us and the characters and creates peril... which the last one forgot to do completely... they're good.

It's all about execution, sure, but to say the MacGuffin doesn't matter I think it wrong.

You dismiss the Shakara Stones as "magic rocks"... if they were part of the Judeo-Christian realm, I doubt as many people would dismiss them...heck a lot of people bash Indy 4 and say it terrible by reducing it to something like "Aliens...really?"

Surely a MacGuffin impacts a great deal on the story.

Dr. Gonzo

TheFedora said:

tumblr_mloru91WT21s9pzsmo1_400.gif

Well, I'll be damned...

I was betting against a Spielberg helmed film starring Ford, big time.
This was quite a shock upon reading...

In any case, it seems it would be fair to say this place may be getting very active again in the coming months/years...

Pale Horse said:
Well well well, sometimes I am wrong.

Eat+Crow.jpg

Take note boys and girls, it doesn't happen often. But when it does, I'm quick to make it right.

It's gonna be a long 3 years.

So, Am I getting your leftovers, or do I have to order my own plate?
Boy, were we wrong.

Finn

Staff member
Pale Horse said:
Well well well, sometimes I am wrong.

Eat+Crow.jpg
I'll have that dish once we know to what extent Mr. Ford will feature. Full course, bookends, flash forwards, two stories running parallel in the past and the present?

Indyfan82

YAY! :) :cool:
Haven't posted in quite a while, but I do check in here every now and then. And this news was definitely worth posting about. Great to finally have official confirmation from Disney that Indiana Jones 5 is being made and that Steven Spielberg, Harrison Ford, Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshall are all involved.
I will definitely be excited to see a new Indiana Jones movie in 2019! I am probably one of the few Indy fans that genuinely enjoys all the movies (and the TV series and most of the spinoff books, comics, and video games too, for that matter. Even on the ones I don't like much, I can find a few things to appreciate.)
Speaking of books, on a slightly off-topic matter, it would be great if the hype sure to come with a new movie would inspire some good merchandise, like say the Indiana Jones video game that was originally being worked on in lieu of "Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings"- and the novelization of that video game.
Back on topic- I do feel like this should probably be the last Indy movie, as I can't honestly see Harrison Ford making many more action movies like this. Of course, as long as he's up for it and they can do it justice, I'll be willing to watch it. I think I'd prefer for them to do Indy 5 and be done though- but I doubt Disney will let that happen. (If only more movies could take cues from the "Back to the Future" franchise and just leave a good thing well enough alone.) Don't get me wrong though; I thoroughly enjoyed "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" and I am very excited for a fifth movie! I just think that logistically, it should be the last one. (Because I don't particularly want to see Indiana Jones movies not starring Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones. I'm not really interested in seeing Young Indy movies...but I'll cross that bridge when they get to that point.)
Anyway- YAY for this exciting news! I hope they get a good story with an epic adventure and a thrilling quest- preferably for something not already covered in the comics and books.... (I like to maintain continuity if possible, though some of it's already kinda shaky when it comes to Indiana Jones. If Disney does what it did to Star Wars with Episode VII as far as throwing out the Expanded Universe continuity- then I'd be upset...George Lucas was generally good about keeping his various universes within continuity, something I always appreciate.
Well, I look forward to hearing some more good news about this venture soon.:whip:
And I really hope Marion and Sallah both appear- a cameo from Short Round would be awesome as well. And maybe they can talk Sean Connery into an appearance as a flashback scene or something....you never know.

dr.jones1986

So excited for this, I felt like it would happen based on the talk from Ford, Spielberg and Disney but to see it confirmed with an official release date is beyond exciting. I am glad they are not going the James Bond route and just recasting the character. I think it cheapens it when there is no overall story line and the character never ages, they just switch actors. Hopefully they will come up with a great story, I assume it will be set in the 60's based on the fact it will be released over a decade after the 4th film.

I loved Harrison in VII and I thought Spielberg did a great job with "Bridge of Spies." I still think these two men can deliver an awesome film. Hopefully Disney can get an Indy film to work as well as they did with episode VII.

Pale Horse

Staff member
indytim said:
Wait! WHAAAAAATTTTTTTTTT!?

tumblr_o295db0dSi1uofr2ko1_500.gif

He's just as surprised at his age, as you are:

benedict-chewbacca-2.gif

Finn said:
I'll have that dish once we know to what extent Mr. Ford will feature. Full course, bookends, flash forwards, two stories running parallel in the past and the present?

Well, the announcement was made on March 15 (Ides of March) so that's telling.

Status
Not open for further replies.