A Suitable Death For Indy

Deadlock

I know! Let's have a legendary character die in an easily avoidable, non-dramatic, unimpressive way. How about... hmmm... falling with a collapsing catwalk???

Oh wait, that already happened to Captain Kirk. :rolleyes:

Finn

Staff member
Indiana Jones shall not die. When his time on this earth will be over, he shall travel to the Grey Havens and sail across the sea with the rest of the immortal beings like... no, wait... disregard. Wrong movie.

Johan

Maybe Indy 4 will take place in his adventures in the afterlife. He haunts the Nazis on earth by terrorizing them in the afterlife

whipem

I meant in my last post (but did not say) that the grail water could give him a second chance, if he does die.

Patrick

I would say chinese finger handcuffs should be his final "outdoing", but I read that from a Far Side cartoon.

Indyologist

Patrick said:
I would say chinese finger handcuffs should be his final "outdoing", but I read that from a Far Side cartoon.

LOL!

Indy: "Damn finger puzzle... (yank, yank). My blood pressure seems to be weakening... (yank, yank). Oh well. It was a good life..." (THUD)!

Johan

There is going to be an Superman VS. Batman.
How bout the winner of that one Take on Indy?

indifan101

Grimdiana Bones said:
They should go ahead and let M. Night Shamalan write it, and have the crazy twist be that indy has always been dead!!!! :dead:
Thats a funny one! Ha Ha Ha! No I see him dying for his father. Kind of like in Last Crusade. He risked death trying to save his father and that's something I can see him doing again. :)

IAdventurer01

All I can say is dying of old age seems kind of a lame way to go for Indy. I agree if Indy goes, he should go out with a bang.

Jay R. Zay

i don't think that dying of old age is inappropriate for indy. if this was supposed to be a tragedy, he should die of snake venom. ;)

Routledge

I'm really intrigued by Indy Johan's idea of Indy dying by his whip finally fraying on a particular swing. I think that would be a very haunting, but very apt Indy death. Also, of course, the irony would be it's previously saved his life more than his gun and fists have...

Pandora

I philosophized a bit about Indy's dead and here here is my version (fits to the facts we get from the Young Indy serial):

Indy is not dying in an adventure because he still lives as an old man telling stories to his grand children. That's a fact.

Indy has been searching all his live: for artifacts, for knowledge, for fortune and glory. But I think that's not what he's really looking for - he is on a quest for something higher (sense of life maybe). He probably isn't aware of this, he just feels the need to search. And in his old days he finally understands that, maybe finds his personal sense of life and dies in bed with finally having found peace and answers (the greatest finding/ disovery of his life).

My theory to the grail is: he got some extra power/ health/ years from drinking from the holy grail, to get immortality you would have to drink from the grail regularly.

Last edited:
Old age... alone... surrounded by mouldy old artifacts that in the end are mostly just junk...

But with a H3LL of a lot of good stories/memories.. Especially those of a LIFE lived to the full...

What was the quote from the short film, Harvie Krumpet...

"Life is like a cigarette
Smoke it to the butt!"