Ideas for action figure playsets

The_Raiders

I mentioned the fan-idea of battle packs, but now, how about playsets. What ideas do you have for a great 3 3/4 scale playset?

GET THE IDOL!

The place in Peru was it where Indy got the fertility idol
comes with boulder for boulder scene
idol w/stand
hall way w/spiderwebs

Hunt for the grail
A 2 peice playset
a hall way w/plastic razors that can come from the wall
you connect both peices by bridge (what Idy crossed for the leap of faith)
the other peice is the grail room w/cups and a little pool to put water in

Little Indy

Well this one would be awesome
Temple of Doom
Statue of Kali
Skull to hold Sankara stones
Pit to lower sacrificial victims
Cage to hold sacrificial victims
Trap door for Mola Ram to escape.
Also the wheel that raised and lowerd the cage would be part of it and it would also really raise and lower the cage as well, in addition to being able to pin figures between handles and floor.

The above wasn't just my idea I borrowed some of it from other forum members that have shared ideas.

Caslte Brunwald
The castle with all the secret entrances and revolving fireplace.
Comes with Dr. Henry Jones Senior.

Club Obi Wan
Giant gong
Tables and chairs
Willie in performance dress from Paris
Or Lao Che with antidote and Jar of Nurhachi

Billy Ray

Well, I already posted this in the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Playset thread but I would like to see a 3 3/4" Raiders playset like this prototype that was done for the Micromachines line with the Well of the Souls on one side and the Fertility Idol temple on the other:

Micro4.jpg

Micro0.jpg

Really, I will be happy with any playsets that Hasbro gives us, as they are so loathe to make them these days. Heck, even a rehash of the vintage Well of the Souls would be great as that was a pretty good one even by today's standards and it would give us the Ark!

ChromiumBlue37

Is there a way we can change the title of this thread?
In my excitement I came thhinking there was news on the planned KOTCS playset from Hasbro.

In a Q & A last year from Hasbro, we learned that all of the original Kenner ROTLA toy molds were lost. Hasbro stated that there would be no way to reproduce the playsets, vehicles and accessories from that toy line. Everything would have to be created from a new mold.

Deckard

Thats ok, I want a new even more detailed Map Room w/ Exclusive Indy. I'd also like to see a set just like the Lego Well Of Souls, w/ an Ark and Anubis Statue, and plenty of Snakes.

I like the idea for the ToD set w/ the giant skull that holds the 3 stones and the sacrificial pit. Maybe include the Giant Thuggee as an exclusive. Or a little guy w/ a rubber chest that you can pull the heart out of.

For LC, I don't see a Catacombs scene happening, but the Grail Temple would be awesome.

Im hoping for some EU sort of stuff because I can think of nothing cooler then a cut away section of submarine or the God Chamber from Fate of Atlantis.

The_Raiders

I don't want micro-machine playsets I want playset for 3 3/4 figures like the mustafar scene with Obi-wan and Anakin.

ChromiumBlue37

Little Indy said:
Well this one would be awesome
Temple of Doom
Statue of Kali
Skull to hold Sankara stones
Pit to lower sacrificial victims
Cage to hold sacrificial victims
Trap door for Mola Ram to escape.
Also the wheel that raised and lowerd the cage would be part of it and it would also really raise and lower the cage as well, in addition to being able to pin figures between handles and floor.

Wow - nice idea you have there. See my original post in the KOTCS Playsets thread -

01-15-2008, 05:20 PM #4
ChromiumBlue37
IndyFan

Hasbro stated that the Indiana Jones action figure line is expected to span more than a couple of years.

A Temple of Doom playset is an absolute "no-brainer". The statue of Kali is the exact same scale/proportion to the 3 3/4 as a 12 inch figure. Outstretched arms to hold a sacrificial cage, small base with skull that has 3 holes for the 3 Sankara stones and as Arab Swordsman stated a base with a secret compartment for Mola Ram to escape into.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Little Indy said:
The above wasn't just my idea I borrowed some of it from other forum members that have shared ideas.

He knows (though, admittedly, attribution could have been nice.)

Also, thread title changed.

ChromiumBlue37

So I see. My bad completely and I do apologize to Little Indy!

Hasbro would have to be silly not to have The Temple of Doom playset on the drawing board!

Maybe.Not Today

What playsets would you like to see from Hasbro?

I apologize if this is already a thread somewhere and I just missed it, but I'm curious..

With the possibility of Hasbro making more indy playsets if the KOTCS playset sells well, what playsets would you most like to see made? Just thought it would be cool to have an "official playset thread" where everyone could post their wish list.

Since I'm posting this on the Raven let me start by saying that I've always thought it would be awesome to have a playset of Marions bar, with action features like little plastic flames that pop up...Ha ha..this is probably the scene least likely to get a toy, but I can dream. It's not at the top of my list, but seemed like an appropriate one to start with.

Maybe.Not Today

I would love to see well of the souls and map room playsets. Each should have at least two walls that make a corner, so there can be a little half ceiling on the playset with a hole for indy to drop through, as he does in both scenes.

Also, this would be more of a deluxe pack accessory, but a breaking rope bridge from tod would be a cool.

Sea Monarch

There were a number of threads I could post this on, but this one seemed the most fitting. If I knew how to set up a survey 4 people to vote on I would, but I don't know how to off top my head, so I won't bother with it at the moment.

But basically, in a nutshell, I wondered if anybody L said the raven who collect Indy, or Star Wars, had heard that based on the commitment and demand of 5000 Star Wars collectors, via crowdfunding, to pay Hasbro $500/ play set, Hasbro has developed and is producing a 4 ft long, 17 in tall vehicle/ play set of Jabba's Sail Barge from Return of the Jedi for the three 3/4 scale Star Wars figures!

Take a look from this news link here: Hasbro's Crowdfunded Jabba's Sail Barge Playset Has Reached Its Goal
http://www.slashfilm.com/hasbros-cr...bbas-sail-barge-playset-has-reached-its-goal/

Understandable, fit because of the high price point, and large-scale of the playset, that they needed to make sure there was enough fan base to support this massive undertaking!

I don't know if anybody has posted a survey yet, asking all you in the collectors, which play set you would prefer, and I'm I'm tired to look at how to develop one at the moment. But I'm curious, if all you collectors out there think that we could rally enough people to commit to buying an Indiana Jones playset?

If so which one would you want to see the most? What scale would you like to see it in, and what price point do you think would be reasonable for Hasbro to sell it for? My first choice would be to see a screen accurate, and somewhat scale accurate rendering of the Grail Temple from the Last Crusade!

I know it's a long shot, but maybe we would need 5,000 commitments! If people fail to get enough commitments to make it happen, no one gets charged a dime. Does that sound like something you would all want to shoot for?

Last edited:

Sea Monarch

There were a number of threads I could justifiably post this idea on, but this thread seemed the most fitting.
Pardon me, if anyone else has suggested this, but, we now live in a world where the people's voice (and wallets) prompted Hasbro to cater to the collecting fans of Star Wars, via crowdfunding (a'la kickstart), As a result, Hasbro developed/created a massive scale Star Wars vehicle/playset, that dwarfs anything that has come before it. I speak of Jabba's the Hut's Sail Barge, in production now, and scheduled for delivery, come Feb 2019! Any other Indy collectors out there, heard of this?

I can't be troubled to post pic at the moment, but here's a news link:

http://www.slashfilm.com/hasbros-cr...bbas-sail-barge-playset-has-reached-its-goal/

In a nutshell, Hasbro said they would follow through with it, if 5000 people agreed to put their money where their mouth is and commit to purchase said playset, that retails for $500, once it is completed. With only a month to go before the deadline, it looked as though 2500 commitments was all Hasbro had, and that the crowd fund goal was a failure.

But just as Sean Connery taught us, Never Say Never, for they were able to reach the goal before the deadline. It is worth noting that if the goal had not been reached, no money would be charged, and no one would be out of pocket.

Yes, the price tag is massive, but this is because it is 4 ft long , in about 17 in tall , and probably the most ambitious play set ever developed for any action figure series, including the original Death Star playset, which in terms of screen accuracy, doesn't hold a candle to Jabba's Sail Barge!

And at that price, Hasbro just about had to choose the crowdfunding route, so that they didn't risk overestimating the audience for this playset and making too many, that would never sell, and wind up being marked down for clearance at a loss to stores.

I bring it up on this forum, of course, because it instills hope at the possibility of Hasbro producing other desired playsets based on the demand of collectors!

I realize this is probably a long shot, considering Star Wars has an overall greater population of collectors and fans, compared to Indiana Jones. Still, apparently, it's possible then if we where to Rally enough people to commit to an Indiana Jones playset, Hasbro might listen and meet the demand, in an amazing way!

Personally, I would love to see a somewhat near scale Grail Temple play set from the Last Crusade, to be developed. Or the Chacopoyan temple from opening of Raiders! Or at least a motorized, scale vehicle of Vogel's tank!!

I haven't yet tried creating a survey for people to vote on, but if it hasn't been surveyed yet, I'd be curious if the collectors that frequent The Raven would be interested in starting a crowd fund for one of these playsets to be developed.

Do you all think we'd be able to get enough people on board for an awesome playset from Hasbro? If so, which playset would you all want the most? And roughly what scale do you think it should be? How accurate should it be in terms of scale, and what price point do you think we could realistically expect from Hasbro?

Kevin

Boy, $500 is a big ask, especially for me personally (I didn?t have kids and a mortgage back in 2008 when I was collecting this line). But if they came up with something as nice as that sail barge, I?d probably find a way to make it happen.

Whether you could 4999 other people to commit is a different question. Sadly Indy has never been as popular as Star Wars, at least with respect to toys. And there is an active Star Wars figure line right now, can?t say the same for Indy. If they did do it, my preference would be the Chachapoyan temple, followed by the Well of Souls.

Speaking from a practical standpoint, they might do better with the tank from Last Crusade, since that would appeal to both Indy fans and 1/18 military collectors.

I.M.J.

I would definitely be interested in a Grail Temple, Temple of Doom, or a Desert Base playset with the flying wing....

If someone could communicate this to Hasbro I would get involved.