3:10 to Yuma

"He's a douchebag..."
Hey... don't insult honest, hard working douchebags by lumping RA in with them.

Add him to your ignore list and move on.

ClintonHammond said:
"He's a douchebag..."
Hey... don't insult honest, hard working douchebags by lumping RA in with them.

Add him to your ignore list and move on.

You'd be good to follow your own advice, if I'm so utterly worthless (and trust me, I'm not half as worthless as you) then you'd do good to ignore me.

HovitosKing

lol all i can see is a bunch of little lines throughout the thread that say,

"This message is hidden because ResidentAlien is on your ignore list."

THAT feels good hehe :whip:

PhantomStranger

"3:10 To Yuma" (1957)
"3:10 To Yuma" (2007)

What a difference 50 years makes. This is the way a remake should be done.
It stayed close to the originals storyline, but expanded upon it and made it it's own. Russell Crowe and Christian Bale did a terrific job recreating the roles originally done by Glen Ford and Van Hefflin. A great film and a must see for western fans.:gun:

Baron Brunwald said:
Will somebody ban this n00b?

Rofl. :whip: Cat calling the kettle black. Since when does four months draw any distinct difference between "noob" and veteran. You sir have no room to criticize. If you don't like me.... tough ****ing ****. Then block me. Won't hurt my feelings.

Fact of the matter is, I'm entitled to my opinion and my view and I'm entitled to espouse it right here. See... that's what a forum is. "A place for organized discussion." Just because my opinion deviates from your own, I shouldn't be allowed to participate? Christ, sounds like fascism to me.

HovitosKing

no, they won't. he's been throwing his own feces at people for a while now, you just gotta add him to your ignore list. then all you see is this:

"This message is hidden because ResidentAlien is on your ignore list."

deckard24

Wow, what a great film! There really have been some great westerns made in the last few years ie. The Proposition, Seraphim Falls, and now 3:10 to Yuma. If the success of this movie is any evidence, I expect we'll be seeing some other classic westerns being remade. As much as they don't need to be, films like The Wild Bunch, The Magnificent Seven, and High Noon are just ripe for the picking! Bale and Crowe were both excellent, and I'll be surprised if one of them isn't nominated for an Oscar come Jan/Feb 2008. The musical score alone I'm sure will get a nod. Also how about that Ben Foster? That guy has been turning in one great psychopath performance after another. First Hostage, then Alpha Dog, now 3:10 to Yuma, not bad for a guy pushing 30.

Katarn07

deckard24 said:
If the success of this movie is any evidence, I expect we'll be seeing some other classic westerns being remade. As much as they don't need to be, films like The Wild Bunch, The Magnificent Seven, and High Noon are just ripe for the picking!

Oh boy, you're just gonna get him all riled up again :p

I'm glad that the posts in this topic actually pertaining to the movie have been so positive. I need to find someone to go see this with. Like, right NOW! Or I could start to do my homework. But I'm liking the movie idea a bit more right now.

Katarn07 said:
Oh boy, you're just gonna get him all riled up again :p

I'm glad that the posts in this topic actually pertaining to the movie have been so positive. I need to find someone to go see this with. Like, right NOW! Or I could start to do my homework. But I'm liking the movie idea a bit more right now.

High Noon's already been remade... twice I believe. Once with Tom Skerritt...

And Magnificent Seven... eh, I don't care about that one, remake it all you want. Seven Samurai is much better anyway.

Someone mentioned Proposition though. I must agree... wonderful, wonderful film.

Kingsley

This is a John Huston quote, that Resident Alien will probably appreciate:

On remakes: "There is a wilful lemming-like persistance in remaking past successes time after time. They can't make them as good as they are in our memories, but they go on doing them and each time it's a disaster. Why don't we remake some of our bad pictures - I'd love another shot at 'Roots of Heaven' - and make them good?"

When did he said that? At least more than 20 years ago, he died in 1988.
Remakes are part of Cinema history.

Kingsley said:
This is a John Huston quote, that Resident Alien will probably appreciate:

On remakes: "There is a wilful lemming-like persistance in remaking past successes time after time. They can't make them as good as they are in our memories, but they go on doing them and each time it's a disaster. Why don't we remake some of our bad pictures - I'd love another shot at 'Roots of Heaven' - and make them good?"

When did he said that? At least more than 20 years ago, he died in 1988.
Remakes are part of Cinema history.

Absolutely they are. But the ratio is startlingly high as of late. They haven't been this rampant since the creation of the talkie (as I mentioned earlier in the thread). And yes, I feel those films were to some degree warranted. After all, there's a huge difference, almost an entirely different medium, between silent and talkie. That difference doesn't exist between black and white and color or 4:3 and widescreen and especially not between analog and digital forms of filmmaking. The films aren't being told in a different or innovative way. They're being told because they have an established fan base.

nezobiwan

I loved this movie, although I though it was a bit too long.

Christian Bale, I really think, is one of the greatest actors of this generation. I used to have high regard for Edward Norton, but he's been so flaky that I have to admit my allegiances lie with Bale nowadays.

I almost didn't go see this film because I don't particularly like Westerns and I hate Russell Crowe's real-life personality. But I'm so glad I went to see it despite my reservations.

I don't want anyone to get me wrong, I like Ben Foster... but did anyone else think he was a woman in the first shot? Like just for a second before I recognized him I was like "Hey, is that a woman in a beard?!?!"

And who else thinks the kid who played Bale's elder son is going to be a major hottie when he gets a bit older?

Indy_Chic

I love Westerns, but I wasn't sure if this film would be any good. But, you guys have convinced me to go! It sure sounds cool.:)