Shia LaBeouf announces retirement

Montana Smith

The Drifter said:
Who really knows what all Belloq and Marion did in that tent. I heard the desert nights can get mighty cold.

Mutt wasn't born until 1938.

No wonder Shia was so attached to his mother!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
239811_v1.jpg

Montana Smith

image.jpg

I'd watch Kingdom of the Crystal Dull again if Mutt had a CGI paper bag on his head in every scene.

As for Shia's new marketing campaign, there's a little too much of the supermarket about it. I understand paper bags are de rigueur in the US, but in Britain we prefer plastic.

A plastic bag might get Shia to his destination faster.

IndyForever

This is good news he now has zero chance of appearing in another Indy Disney would not dare use him after this latest meltdown.

kongisking

Okay, no idea if this is a hoax, but...I ****ing dare any of the Shia haters to watch this and defend this cockroach's behavior as he "interviews" LaBeouf...

Come on, Smiffy. Bring your best quip to the table. I'm sure this is your absolute dream, right?

Montana Smith

kongisking said:
Okay, no idea if this is a hoax, but...I ****ing dare any of the Shia haters to watch this and defend this cockroach's behavior as he "interviews" LaBeouf...

Come on, Smiffy. Bring your best quip to the table. I'm sure this is your absolute dream, right?

I don't get it.

What did Hal Rudnick do wrong?

It's no different to trying to get a scheduled interview out of David Blaine when all he would do was stare and hold up a hand with an eye drawn on it.

I applaud Shia's acting ability. Never seem him so out of character before.

And I don't believe in 'absolutes'!

kongisking

Montana Smith said:
I don't get it.

What did Hal Rudnick do wrong?

It's no different to trying to get a scheduled interview out of David Blaine when all he would do was stare and hold up a hand with an eye drawn on it.

I refuse to believe you honestly don't see why this was disgusting behavior by Rudnick. Anyone with a functioning brain should see the fact the dude was absolutely eager to cruelly mock LaBeouf before even entering the room. If Shia really is going through a massive meltdown...think of it this way: does it seem like an acceptable thing to go up to a person having a meltdown and taunt them to their face? And record said taunt? And post it online, as if to say, "Hey, look kids! I harassed your favorite whipping boy, Shia LaBeouf! Aint I just hot stuff?"

Where I come from, that's the actions of a bully.

So, anyone else going to chime in on this? Or am I the only one with the balls to condemn this kind of behavior? Oh, wait, I forgot, this site partially sustains itself on LaBeouf hate...never mind.

Montana Smith

kongisking said:
I refuse to believe you honestly don't see why this was disgusting behavior by Rudnick. Anyone with a functioning brain should see the fact the dude was absolutely eager to cruelly mock LaBeouf before even entering the room. If Shia really is going through a massive meltdown...think of it this way: does it seem like an acceptable thing to go up to a person having a meltdown and taunt them to their face? And record said taunt? And post it online, as if to say, "Hey, look kids! I harassed your favorite whipping boy, Shia LaBeouf! Aint I just hot stuff?"

Where I come from, that's the actions of a bully.

So what?

Shia set himself up for it. He's re-marketing himself with this bag on his head caper. Furthermore he's calling it art.

If he really wanted to retire from public life he wouldn't be drawing attention to himself. It's calculated. And as I said, I applaud the manner in which Shia dealt with Rudnick. I don't know how he managed to keep a straight face. Hence he's a better actor than I gave him credit for.

kongisking said:
So, anyone else going to chime in on this? Or am I the only one with the balls to condemn this kind of behavior? Oh, wait, I forgot, this site partially sustains itself on LaBeouf hate...never mind.

Well I for one don't hate him. I liked him as an actor in Transformers, and as a person, who knows? I don't know him personally, only the public presence he creates for himself.

Hal Rudnick must have taken lessons from Dennis Pennis (Paul Kaye).

Mickiana

"Im not famous anymore" and "I'm retired from public life" but he still wants public attention in a live art installation featuring his mute self. Rudnick could have been a lot more creative in his 'interview', but then Shia could be doing something that makes sense instead of this recent display. Why not some dialogue? Rudnick was at least asking for a response.

IrishJedi

No, Rudnick was trolling. And he knew it would get HIM attention. He is the one who comes off like a pure douchebag here. His dickish antics only accomplish making Shia LaBeouf sympathetic, ironically.

That video is cringe-worthy. But not because of LaBeouf.

Montana Smith

IrishJedi said:
No, Rudnick was trolling.

Well, that's the whole point of doing it, wasn't it?

There are plenty of such 'art' exhibits that deserve the same.

He was taking the Dennis Pennis silliness approach to harassing celebrities.

IrishJedi

Right. And it's not the least bit becoming.

Also, it has the exact opposite effect of its assumed intention for some of us. I watch that and I don't think, "Man, Shia LaBeouf has really lost it" so much as I think, "Wow, this Hal Rudnick goober is a real dick and I imagine only the threat of a lawsuit prevented LaBeouf from leaping over that table and throttling him."

Montana Smith

IrishJedi said:
Right. And it's not the least bit becoming.

We thought that about Dennis Pennis. It's a two-way street from the start. He was playing a character who was a dick. Some of the quicker witted celebrities were able to get the better of him. Shia did with Rudnick.

IrishJedi said:
Also, it has the exact opposite effect of its assumed intention for some of us. I watch that and I don't think, "Man, Shia LaBeouf has really lost it" so much as I think, "Wow, this Hal Rudnick goober is a real dick and I imagine only the threat of a lawsuit prevented LaBeouf from leaping over that table and throttling him."

Really? You think Shia is that out of it? He looked totally in control of the situation to me. It was his gig, and that's the way he's decided to play it.

As far as I could tell the exhibit wasn't roped off. Inviting strangers in makes it a piece of guerrilla theatre.

IrishJedi

No, I don't personally think he's out of it. But there is at least an element of all of this that could portend some kind of breakdown, which would not be the least bit funny or amusing.

That said, the only thing I concluded from that video for certain is that Hal Rudnick is an insufferable ****head.