Indy 4 Blu-ray DVD

Wheras a true true true ready to die for the honour die hard would watch all of Young Indy, followed by reading all the novels, Emperors tomb, then the films, then the comics, with Fate of Atlantis shoved somewhere in there to be played through all three times, after which is Infernal machine, the Mystery of the Blue Bookends, Crystal Skull then finally the old indiana jones bookends, back to back, in Indy gear, acting out all the fight scenes, (even in the books) without pausing for a pee break..

Now THATS a Die hard fan.

and possibly an idiot/corpse

Mutt-Jones III

I would.

Goonie said:
The true die-hard will start his marathon with My First Adventure in the Young Indiana Jones series.

I watched them all (TV movies and theatrical) in chronological order up to Crystal Skull's theatrical release, along with the Young Indy documentaries. That was a lot of Indy. :hat: (I didn't watch them back-to-back though)

I would, and I would do all the above poster said, but I don't own all of that merchandise, no money here, it's sad really. :) :D :whip:

The Man

Crystal Skull Easter Egg Alert: navigate your way to the 'Chapters' menu, highlight the THX icon, punch in 666 and watch George Lucas eating shredded money.

Zorg

The Man said:
Crystal Skull Easter Egg Alert: navigate your way to the 'Chapters' menu, highlight the THX icon, punch in 666 and watch George Lucas eating shredded money.
:D

You can also see an alternate version of the "Mutt the Ape Man" scene in which Mutt gets lost in the jungle and starts living with the monkeys.

The Man

Zorg said:

You can also see an alternate version of the "Mutt the Ape Man" scene in which Mutt gets lost in the jungle and starts living with the monkeys.

greystoke.jpg

"Do I look like an apeman to you?!"

WeAreGoingToDie

I'm VERY excited for the 2-Disc DVD!
The 2-disc DVD/Blu-Ray art looks to have a shiny gold border, much like the silver border on the "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" 2-disc dvd sleeve. And while I really like the 1-disc box art, the teaser poster is very iconic.

I'm on the fence between the Best Buy exclusive (I'd only be spending $20 more and I'd get a statue AND another goodie from Sideshow) and the boxed set. If all four films have their slipcovers (which I'm doubting), I'll go for the set.

kingcrystalkskull2discpdk9.jpg

kingcrystalkskull2discpxj9.jpg

DoctorEss

Boo.

Very disappointed. Early on, word was sent out from Lucasfilm that the new DVD would have a cover to match the existing set, so that one could take out the "Bonus Materials" disc, and have the new movie fit right in.

It's a shame to see they've scrapped that idea in favor of simply releasing a new box set.

Lame.

Zorg said:

I am the Ape Man. I am the Walrus. Koo Koo Kachoo!

pota2.jpg

Belloq

Has blue ray officially become the new main market for HD dvds, like the current dvds. Or is there still this stupid feud where you have to buy two separate players in order to watch different movies from different companies, where the only people who suffer are the consumer?

sandiegojones

Belloq said:
Has blue ray officially become the new main market for HD dvds, like the current dvds. Or is there still this stupid feud where you have to buy two separate players in order to watch different movies from different companies, where the only people who suffer are the consumer?
HDDVD is dead, there is only Blu Ray

Mike00spy

DoctorEss said:
Boo.

Very disappointed. Early on, word was sent out from Lucasfilm that the new DVD would have a cover to match the existing set, so that one could take out the "Bonus Materials" disc, and have the new movie fit right in.

It's a shame to see they've scrapped that idea in favor of simply releasing a new box set.

Lame.

THe Cover matches the newer editions released this year. It hardly matters, though, if you have the original box set. Don't you display the box so the closed end is visible anyway?

Raider S

Why do people buy different boxed sets of the same movies? How many copies of the same thing are people looking for? Then there's the Blu_ray boxed set, then the extra special super-duper boxed set...insanity!

The Man

Raider S said:
Why do people buy different boxed sets of the same movies? How many copies of the same thing are people looking for? Then there's the Blu_ray boxed set, then the extra special super-duper boxed set...insanity!

It's pretty saucy to expect people to buy a new box-set after retailing the last one in May. If you really have to, just buy Skull on its own.

Udvarnoky

I'm happy with my original boxed set, especially considering the newer releases feature the exact same transfers and very little exclusive bonus material, and also lacks the lengthy 2003 docs from the original release. Sign me up for the big Crystal Skull-only box thing.

And for those who want visual consistency with their original set...I'm sure Photoshop-savvy fans can help you out, or you could easily make a custom cover of your own.

The Man said:
It's pretty saucy to expect people to buy a new box-set after retailing the last one in May. If you really have to, just buy Skull on its own.

A boxed set wasn't released last May, was it? It was individual re-releases of the movies. This upcoming boxed set is just a collection of those plus Crystal Skull. I agree though, the idea of re-releasing the movies without any substantial extras was stupid.

mdww

The Man said:
Isn't there a Christopher Nolan retrospective box-set due for release on October 14th? Oh, I'm quite certain that there is...

yeah, it's going to start with this year's Dark Knight, then cut to his 1997 short Doodlebug, and then continue with scenes taken from Memento and The Prestige, before concluding with some more Dark Knight.

iLUVINDY

Udvarnoky said:
A boxed set wasn't released last May, was it? It was individual re-releases of the movies. This upcoming boxed set is just a collection of those plus Crystal Skull. I agree though, the idea of re-releasing the movies without any substantial extras was stupid.

So the new box set will be the DVDs released in May with the 2-Disc KOTCS in a slipcase??? or newer versions of the first 3 films. Wouldnt it be better to just buy the first 3 then separate (10 bucks each @ target) and then in Oct buy the 2-Disc edition with the Skull at Best Buy??? even if you dont have the slipcase.... is it worth to have have them with out the slipcase??

indyclone25

WeAreGoingToDie said:
I'm VERY excited for the 2-Disc DVD!
The 2-disc DVD/Blu-Ray art looks to have a shiny gold border, much like the silver border on the "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" 2-disc dvd sleeve. And while I really like the 1-disc box art, the teaser poster is very iconic.

I'm on the fence between the Best Buy exclusive (I'd only be spending $20 more and I'd get a statue AND another goodie from Sideshow) and the boxed set. If all four films have their slipcovers (which I'm doubting), I'll go for the set.

kingcrystalkskull2discpdk9.jpg

kingcrystalkskull2discpxj9.jpg

i'm not to thrilled about the cover for the two-disced set, it should be the movie poster and the one disc should be the teaser poster ---