DoomTown

Anybody have any of these books?

■Indiana Jones Explores Ancient Egypt
■Indiana Jones Explores Ancient Rome
■Indiana Jones Explores Ancient Greece
■Indiana Jones Explores The Vikings
■Indiana Jones Explores The Incas
■Indiana Jones Explores The Aztecs

I was able to order a few (Vikings and Ancient Greece) at VERY cheap prices...Curious as to what people think of them.

Joosse

I have always wondered about them. Could you tell me what they are like, and for wich age group they are best suited?

As a teacher, I would love to get a few of these for my classroom... :D

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
DoomTown said:
Not a problem; I should be getting them in the next couple of days. :hat:

These are basically text books written for another series by John Malam that have been repacked with a few Indiana Jones references.

Bad if your expecting Indiana Jones, good if you like history.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Indiana Jones Explores

For those less discerning of collectors who are tempted...

Image01-7.jpg

Image02.jpg

Image04.jpg

Image05.jpg

Image06.jpg

Image07.jpg

DoomTown

Hmmm, According to page 8 it seems Indy has written a book about Rome. Now THAT'S the book I want to read...:)

Goodeknight

I have the set, having bought the books while on my honeymoon in 1994. Bought them at the British Museum. Biggest bummer is that my Egypt book is missing a few pages.

Anyway, they're fun for younger readers, I'm thinking middle school range. Cute to have pics of Indy. Many of the Indy pics are reused ad nauseum throughout the series.

And it makes history a tad more interesting reading the first person narrative from Indy himself.

indyclone25

i have two of the books
the vikings and the incas two very good books for the youngsters to learn about.

Stoo

DoomTown said:
Hmmm, According to page 8 it seems Indy has written a book about Rome. Now THAT'S the book I want to read...:)
Hmmm, all the scans that JuniorJones posted are from the Ancient Rome book and according to your original post, you already knew about this one.:p

I don't have any of these so it was nice to see the blurb about Paestum on page 8 since I was there this past August. Paestum is in a very remote part of Italy but worth the trip getting there. The site is pretty big with much to see and one of the temples is where the harpies scene from "Jason and the Argonauts was fimed.(y)

I'm enjoying trying to imagine these as actual text books written by a 90 year old Indiana, somewhat forgetful somewhat odd... somewhat obbessed with reminding his reader what a daring and adventurous fellow he was when he was young.. "
look.. here I am.. and again, oh. how did that picture get in here.. and again.. and once again. I was a looker wasn't I?"

James Byrne

Juniour Jones
Thanks for scanning the Indiana Jones in Inca land book. They could have used actual on-site photos of Harry Steele in Cuzco for some of the pages, couldn't they, ha ha.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
James Byrne said:
Juniour Jones
Thanks for scanning the Indiana Jones in Inca land book. They could have used actual on-site photos of Harry Steele in Cuzco for some of the pages, couldn't they, ha ha.

No problem.

Prehaps Indy was not the most appropriate of explorers...

...here's another page.

hs2.jpg

James Byrne

Harry Steele Meets The Incas

That's marvellous JJ, I want you to write a book called HARRY STEELE MEETS THE INCAS, it would be better than Indy and the Incas - especially a chapter on how to rip off American tourists!

P Tom

Out of curiosity I went to the local library to borrow some of the "Indiana Jones Explores..." books.

Here's a couple of scans from "Indiana Jones Explores... The Aztecs"

indy_aztecs11.jpg

indy_aztecs21.jpg

The crystal skull made it into the texts!