What's Harrison Ford doing these days?

Pale Horse

Staff member
TbyVyx0.gif
a0569ff3e7dc5798b664c5891bacf78a.jpg

I'd watch a 80 year old Harrison play Indy. Age was never a issue with Indy anyway. He was 58 in skull...Indy..and still swinging from the tree's with no big issues.

Dr.Sartorius

Z dweller said:
Here's the bit where he talks about Indy 5

He should absolutely keep the beard for the movie, looks much better like this. (y)

He definitely should...at least for part of the movie. Maybe Indy has been out in the field (jungle or wherever) for a long time (like Col. Kurtz in Apocalypse Now) and someone needs to go find him to help locate a lost artifact or person.

DOOMSTOWNFRIDGE

Z dweller said:

He should absolutely keep the beard for the movie, looks much better like this. (y)

great interview,he looks up for it,looks excited,and being 77 or 80 or 85 or 95 or 100 doesn't have anything to do with it,the character of IJ is timeless,after all he's an archaeologist,so age just does not factor in it.ive seen fans from 3 to 93 in the cinema watching Indiana.

kongisking

Z dweller said:

I agree. I can just see him looking so badass in full outfit with this look.

Z dweller

On the topic of Ford's beard: I wonder if he's been growing it for his next project, Blade Runner II?

It's well known that Ridley Scott met Ford to discuss the Deckard role on the set of Raiders.
Up until then, he had planned for Deckard to don a fedora, but on realizing that it was going to become integral to Indy's look, he scrapped the idea.

Now, assuming Harry has grown a beard for BR II, is the reverse scenario about to materialize?

In other words: will Disney ask Harry to shave for Indy V, if we get a bearded Deckard in BR II?

I hope not, in fact I'd like to see a clean shaven older Deckard and a bearded older Indy!

Randy_Flagg

DOOMSTOWNFRIDGE said:
great interview,he looks up for it,looks excited,and being 77 or 80 or 85 or 95 or 100 doesn't have anything to do with it,the character of IJ is timeless,after all he's an archaeologist,so age just does not factor in it.ive seen fans from 3 to 93 in the cinema watching Indiana.

Technically he's an archaeologist, but we never really see him doing much archaeology. I think it's safe to say most people go to an Indiana Jones movie expecting some great edge-of-your-seat action sequences, and age does factor into that. If the Indy series from now on is just about some guy digging up ancient pots and mapping ancient ruins, then yeah, age isn't really a factor, but that's not what these films have ever really been about.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Randy_Flagg said:
If the Indy series from now on is just about some guy digging up ancient pots and mapping ancient ruins, then yeah, age isn't really a factor, but that's not what these films have ever really been about.

Old Man Archaeology makes for GREAT action:

rXDZlzw.gif

AZIZ! Light?!!!

IndyCon

Indiana Beard

I think Harrison should have a beard in Indy 5, just like the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles.

latest

Randy_Flagg

Pale Horse said:
Old Man Archaeology makes for GREAT action:

rXDZlzw.gif

AZIZ! Light?!!!

That's a truly mesmerizing GIF you got there.

I think Harrison should have a beard in Indy 5, just like the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles.
Me too. It's a good look for an older Indy. I thought he looked a bit too clean-cut in the last two films, actually, compared to how he looked in Raiders.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Fugitive 3? He sacrificed his last knee on the first one. Maybe he stitches up the new title character, then stalls Tommy Lee Jones. Or fights him, making the Expendables look spry. Can't not add this to the greatest hits tour.

ltl711_01.jpg

curmudgeon

Z dweller said:
On the topic of Ford's beard: I wonder if he's been growing it for his next project, Blade Runner II?

Actually, I *believe* his next project is "Official Secrets", which begins shooting in May.

That is, unless he's been filming something else on the down low in the last few months.

Finn

Staff member
Am I just late to the party, but why did I keep staring at his nose for all those three minutes?