New Acquisitions!!

Yikes - I may be the old man of the group at 43!

and I'm happy to say my wife (a veterinary doctor) loves me and my collecting very much!

Les

metalinvader

and yet..I'm the young one at 26...

@ChromiumBlue37

I used to do the headshave too..I did it for about a year and a half but I really started to miss my hair so I grew what I had left back! lol...I miss those bald days once in a while!

*EDIT*
For a new aquisition I just picked up the new Entertainment weekly...

Billy Ray

Ah, so it is out on newstands! I went to our base exchange at lunch but they still had last week's, will have to stop by somewhere else on my way home. Are there any other new pics in the issue?

metalinvader

Billy Ray said:
Ah, so it is out on newstands! I went to our base exchange at lunch but they still had last week's, will have to stop by somewhere else on my way home. Are there any other new pics in the issue?

Well,There is a new pic of Spalko but it's really nothing major..Other then that and the pic that is online..That's it!

tnswman

you are correct, However, when you see some people in out hobby, you do understand the perception. There are some terribly odd people in the side of the hobby that ranges from Comic books and toy collecting. In your case, It is not that you wear stormtrooper Armor, it's that you have a realistic vision of what that gear is to your life....some people ONLY have that. ALL of us have probably stood at a comic shop or have seen the randon oddity at a store who has greasy hair, messy clothes, stinks of sweat, and acts down right goofy...That is hard to get past when a person actually SEES the stereotypical figure right in their own wal-mart.....It makes the rest of us guilty by association.

Hmmmm, let's see...the new item has a little bit of metal to it...not titanium but a few metal items...hmmmm, this is also an item that comes in a wooden crate

tnswman

MaxPhactor23 said:
Such anger issues. Tisk Tisk. Why young man, more of this behavior and no ice cream after supper.

Please, no need to throw out insults. I'd play your immature little insult game, but your "Faith Hill" trophy wife comments do that enough. How exactly would she respond to you calling her a trophy wife anyway? I can’t help but be curious. I see it as rather chauvinistic, but in your love life, who am I? Trophy wife's implying you show her off, as if you’d make others covetous. If it makes you feel any better to think so, by all means, but I’ve never had much taste for blondes. They all seem to look the same, dime a dozen. Forgive me if I want something a bit more unique. Thing that gets me, though, is this claim that your wife looks like Faith Hill! You’re calling me the idiot? Hah! Honestly, Faith Hill? If you say so, but I proclaim delusions of grandeur. Not that she’s Quasimodo, mind you, I’m above resorting to wife cracks, but the love struck always put their mates on a pedestal.

I’ve got a question. What's made you so arrogant? I’m eagerly awaiting your next inevitable “I’m so wonderful” attention-whorish post. It just makes even the politest sides of my personality want to punch you in the throat. You make me positively livid. Thing is, the ones that tend to boast the most usually are the most insecure. Self-conscious at all? Fishing for complements that otherwise wouldn’t grace your ears? It’s okay mate, you’ve got my shoulder to cry on. Daddy never hug you? It’s basic psychology - I’m not falling for the bragging routine, nor are you making me envious whatsoever, although your ego probably has convinced yourself otherwise.

And I’m always quite amused when you knock my brains. It’s as if you know me, my outside life, and IQ score. You're not psychic...are you? It’s made all the more humorous by the fact that, quite honestly, compared to my writing, it would appears you gave up on English in sixth grade. To be openly honest, I sometimes wonder if you even understand some of my so-called big words. Have you yet grasped that I’m ridiculously sarcastic? You’re really not that thick, are you? Now I’m not a grammar whore, nor am I immune to a typo here and there, but common…I’m an idiot because I don’t openly brag about my love life? It's stupid because I'm confident and pleased enough with my sexual life that I don’t feel a need to blow my own horn? I'm not a man because I don't kiss and tell? Who I’m banging is in direct connection to my intellect? This is your logic? So you're absolutely right, I'm the idiotic one. If this is your mindset on display, I'm an idiot only in your self-consumed and psychotically padded world. :hat:

What makes me so great? Hmmm...My wife and kids... not to mention that I'm NOT YOU!! That covers it ;)

ChromiumBlue37

The Ark of the Covenant!!! What format is it? A toy? A paperweight, a doorstop, or a life-sized replica??

Do I win a prize for guessing correctly?? :confused:

tnswman

ChromiumBlue37 said:
We live in Aurora, IL, a Chicago suburb. This was our trip into the big city of Chicago!

I have been to Chicago many times..the pics threw me off because the air looks so clear LOL!

Ok, This item MIGHT have an Ark included with it ( even I have not seen all of the details yet)

think outside of the box on this one...

I know what prize you would pick LOL!! My Indy figure is not coming to live with you LOL!

Little Indy

Alright enough!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maxi and tnswman you guys are fighting like two toddlers. I admit I secretly like reading your cat fitghts back and forth at each other but come on. Maxi to be honest with you the the majority of posts I have read of yours are trying to get at tnswman for one thing or another. I know that you have made other posts but why not contribute in another way than just bad mouthing another forum member. For the record I have dealt with tnswman personally and he has done some very selfLESS things. I'm not going to parade them out here, just a character witness. I'm not a mod here just an onlooker who doesn't want it to go any further. That's all ;)

MaxPhactor23

Little Indy said:
Alright enough!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maxi and tnswman you guys are fighting like two toddlers. I admit I secretly like reading your cat fitghts back and forth at each other but come on. Maxi to be honest with you the the majority of posts I have read of yours are trying to get at tnswman for one thing or another. I know that you have made other posts but why not contribute in another way than just bad mouthing another forum member. For the record I have dealt with tnswman personally and he has done some very selfLESS things. I'm not going to parade them out here, just a character witness. I'm not a mod here just an onlooker who doesn't want it to go any further. That's all ;)

Fair enough. But half my posts being attacks or defenses against Tnswman? That?s an exaggeration. I have over 80 posts, surely 40 posts aren?t bickering between the two of us. But I agree, perhaps enough is enough. But it?s just so hard to not make fun of him when he says certain things. Forgive me if I can?t restrain myself.

tnswman

Little Indy, Did that selfless act not just feel great??? You were as big of a contributor my friend, don't you forget that :)

Billy Ray

I guess I can see how tnswman's excitement about getting new stuff, especially in advance, might be misconstrued as grandstanding or bragging, but I don't really see it that way...it's obvious that he is just genuinely excited about having new Indy stuff after so many years...I know I am and I certainly appreciate him sharing his excitement with us.

And, as a recipient of one of his selfless acts, I too can vouch for his character...and Little Indy's for that matter.

Max, you seem like a decent and intelligent guy, but maybe you are a little quick on the draw when it comes to replying to tnswman's posts...

And really, this thread is about new acquisitions, not a mud slinging contest. As far as new acquistions...I have none:( Well, I did pick up the Tomart's Action Figure Digest with the Sideshow Indy on the cover...if that counts.

tnswman

Ok folks....Here is the deal.....I will give you a few teaser images here of what item just came in...then, I am going to put some Indy 4 images over in the spoiler section......The main thing is, THROW ME THE IDOL.com will have the TOTAL exclusive pics of this AMAZING item. You will be able to see the other pics there for a few days before I re-post them here.. I really like Les and I wanted to give him a "scoop".

Indy013.jpg

Indy022.jpg

Indy030.jpg

Indy018.jpg