SPOILERS (?) - Hollywood Reporter Misinformed?

Mutt Williams

Hollywood Reporter Misinformed?

May 22 will see only one opening, but it could be the summer's biggest blockbuster. The film is Paramount and Lucasfilm's "Indiana Jones & the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull," and it will face no other wide openings over the Memorial Day weekend that officially kicks off the summer of '08. Directed by Steven Spielberg, it stars Harrison Ford, Ray Winstone, Karen Allen, Cate Blanchett, Shia LaBeouf, Jim Broadbent, John Hurt, Michelle Yeoh and Kate Capshaw. In the fourth episode of the franchise, Ford returns as Indy and travels to the lost city of Atlantis.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i5d4ee6c1f9636327d4fefc63a8f704ee

Avilos

OH BOY! One of my big pet peeves in misinformed entertainment reporting. This is the worst example I have ever seen!!!! It would be one thing if this was written a year ago before filming started...But now!!! That absurdly incompetent reporting!

Mutt Williams

But he got other facts right, meaning he still got latest information. He got all the cast right, even the movie title. Surely doesn't seem like it was written a year ago.

Why would he mix latest facts with very old rumors? And this is Hollywood Reporter, did they ever reported rumors before?

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
And I thought Australia was notorious for getting their entertainment news misinformed... Seems these guys can't get their facts straight neither.

Finn

Staff member
Seems like they simply got old rumors mixed up in the story.

But still - that's embarassing.

Do we know for sure that these facts are misinformed? Perhaps Yeoh and Capshaw ARE in the movie? Perhaps Atlantis IS in the movie somehow... These things are Above Top Secret as far as Lucasfilm are concerned.

Thank you, Hollywood Reporter, the cheque is greatly appreciated.

replican't said:
for those of you who are American, rumours has a u in it.

Surely I'm not the only one already tired of your anti-American shtick. Show a little regional tolerance. It's an international forum and if you can't put up with cultural differences perhaps there's another forum where your intolerance would be more welcome.

People are different. Deal with it. Your way isn't the only way.

deckard24

ResidentAlien said:
Surely I'm not the only one already tired of your anti-American shtick. Show a little regional tolerance. It's an international forum and if you can't put up with cultural differences perhaps there's another forum where your intolerance would be more welcome.

No, you're not the only one man!

QBComics

ResidentAlien said:

Yeah dude This forum is about Indiana Jones not proper english.

barranca

Michelle Yeoh! someones confused Indy with the latest Mummy flick! and Kate Capshaw is probrably enjoying spending her husbands millions ! (bless her!).

rowerguy7

if this site was for people who used proper english. shortround would not be allowed on here ever.

I very little. you cheat very big.

Professor Jones

replican't said:
for those of you who are American, rumours has a u in it.

Well, actually a little grammar doesn't make bad! I'm from Italy and I've learned something more... of course it's just a forum... but I prefer to be corrected than keeping mistaking.

Professor Jones said:
Well, actually a little grammar doesn't make bad! I'm from Italy and I've learned something more... of course it's just a forum... but I prefer to be corrected than keeping mistaking.

It's a regional difference, not a matter of "right and wrong." It's no different than regional accents. If he were harping on others for their accents no one would see that for anything other than intolerance. And that's exactly what he's spouting, intolerance.