More Indy Movies After Indy 4?

IAdventurer01

Paden said:
Frankly, I think that's a very fitting suggestion. The great adventurer coming to the twilight of his days...alone. It makes sense that, if the film is intended to bring closure to the series, Indiana might well be focused on reassessing his past relationships, and coming to peace with himself. Settling with what has gone before, rather than pursuing something new.

Personally, I think he'd be happy to actually keep evidence of one of his amazing discoveries. :rolleyes:

Also, I think Willie and Elsa played thier roles just fine. However, of the three Marion was the only one that really seemed fitting for Indy. (Elsa was alright too, before he knew she was a Nazi. :p)

Jay R. Zay

"I mean for god sake she liked Belloq just for getting her drunk."

in this sequence she gave him alcohol to escape. she knew she could take much more of it than him. you didn't really understand this movie, did you?

ToD was a movie with a very cheap and obvious humor, neither dry nor subtle nor clever. slapstick humor. and willies character contributed a lot to this impression. the rest of ToD is depressive and dark. these are the reasons why so many people dislike ToD. and willie.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
A few years ago I was chatting with Aaron H about his information source. It was a digital document, lost unfortunately. He recalled:
It was about a half dozen pages, they were scanned, poor quality. Seemed legit, as it was from a source inside Paramount.

Two or three pages for were just parts of a scene, never any setup or great detail. Most of what I learned was filled in by my source.

The first scene was Indy bumped into "female student" at the college, she was looking for him. There is a bit of banter and it is obvious that Indy was flirting, but she's questioning him about Eden but then the scene jumped to Marion & Willie meeting/fighting with Indy...the girl wasn't present...then it goes to Indy and Deserie (I think was her name) they're in a cave or ruins or something, they're looking for the something to open the entrance to Eden Deserie reveals that she is Marion's daughter and that is when they're attacked by Russians.
That is where it ended.

Indy's brother

So, the Garden of Eden was kicked around as an Indy plot device, and since this is posted in an Indy 5 thread, am I to read into this that you're speculating that the idea lives on, then? Or simply clarifying the previous convo? Or both?

Stoo

Moedred said:
A few years ago I was chatting with Aaron H about his information source.
I remember that Aaron H knew about the temple being a flying saucer years before "Crystal Skull" hit the theatres. (He even blacked out the info with the spoiler tags.)
Aaron H said:
...Deserie reveals that she is Marion's daughter...
Who would be the father of Marion's daughter?

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Stoo said:
Who would be the father of Marion's daughter?

Indy was, if I remember rightly (I'll see if I can dig it up somewhere). It was confirmed in the KOTCS 2 disc edition, that they had initially gone for a long lost daughter idea first before pursuing the idea of a son (apparently a Spielberg idea)- the son initally being a nerd, then eventually turned into the greaser we know. So this confirmed info would fit into the hints from Aaron H.

Eden continues to be unconfirmed, however I always go back to that Spielberg hint, that the artifact had "something to do with Adam and Eve." Not exactly a long shot from being virtually confirmed as an idea that got thrown around. I do wonder which of the writers had written the screenplay up for this idea?

In terms of an Indy 5, if there were to be one, the first story of the bible being the last of Indy seems rather logical (Though I leave the convincing to Pale- he's got the best arguments for this).

Montana Smith

Violet said:
In terms of an Indy 5, if there were to be one, the first story of the bible being the last of Indy seems rather logical (Though I leave the convincing to Pale- he's got the best arguments for this).

If they played it straight then it's possibly the worst idea I could ever imagine. One fairy tale too many, which would confirm that all the characters in Indyverse were the result of inter-breeding.

However, I doubt they'd play it straight. Nothing's ever that simple in Indyland. Apart from the aliens, that is. And after the aliens everything is more open to suspicion than before.

Though, where was Eden? The land of bounty to the south of Egypt? It's a valid location to visit.

Yet, so are heaven and hell, as concepts of hospitable and inhospitable other dimensions. The latter would be the more interesting in a Lovecraftian sense.

Stoo

Violet said:
Indy was, if I remember rightly (I'll see if I can dig it up somewhere). It was confirmed in the KOTCS 2 disc edition, that they had initially gone for a long lost daughter idea first before pursuing the idea of a son (apparently a Spielberg idea)- the son initally being a nerd, then eventually turned into the greaser we know. So this confirmed info would fit into the hints from Aaron H.
I'm aware of the abandoned idea of a daughter but found it odd that Aaron wrote "Marion's daughter" instead of "Indy's daughter". If Indy was the father (in this case) he must've have kept her identity a secret from Miss Ravenwood.

Did Marion not know she gave birth? Was the child put up for adoption, kidnapped or run away from home?
Montana Smiff said:
Though, where was Eden? The land of bounty to the south of Egypt? It's a valid location to visit.
Wasn't Eden supposed to be in Mesopotamia (Iraq) like Babylon?:confused:

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
Wasn't Eden supposed to be in Mesopotamia (Iraq) like Babylon?:confused:

Maybe. But from my reading on ancient Egypt Eden seemed to be a very real paradise to the south, the green lands from which the Egyptians brought animals for their zoos and palaces.

Egypt seems so central to the origins of certain Biblical myths.

There's debate on whether Eden was Ethiopia or Mesopotomia.

Archaeos

Montana Smith said:
Maybe. But from my reading on ancient Egypt Eden seemed to be a very real paradise to the south, the green lands from which the Egyptians brought animals for their zoos and palaces.

Egypt seems so central to the origins of certain Biblical myths.

There's debate on whether Eden was Ethiopia or Mesopotomia.

Many animals for Ancient Egyptian ménageries - found either mummified or as skeletal remains - came from the Nilo-Saharan Kingdom of Kush (which much later conquered Egypt and ruled as the 25th Dynasty of it). It became known as Nubia in later Antiquity, and is today's Northern Sudan.

Anthropologically, the cradle of humanity is regarded as further south, around the Tanganyika provinces of today's Tansania (or German East Africa :rolleyes: ): Ngorongoro, Serengeti, Arusha, Kilimanjaro, Tsavo etc.

Archaeologically, he cradle of civilisation has been seen in Mesopotamia, indeed, although the discovery of the Göbekli Tepe site in south-eastern Turkey, dating back 12 millennia, is currently leading to a radical re-evaluation of where first civilisationary steps were taken by hunter-gatherer/farmer-settlers.

I think all locations would be cool for Indy to visit in a potential Indy V.

It's also a massive shame that the Indy's Daughter idea was dropped, with Marion part of this triangle (but rather not necessarily with her being the mother... loads of plot potential). Personally, I would have loved to see Diane Krüger playing Indiana's daughter. :cool:

Last edited: