Ideas For New Indy Actor

indy4242

Duaner said:
He is a terrific actor (and Poe is my favorite new Star Wars character) but Indy is not Hispanic.

Isaac can pass for "white", more or less. He wasn't playing a hispanic character in Inside Llewyn Davis, or in Ex Machina, really.

Henry Jones VII

29906170001_4667499308001_video-still-for-video-4667444446001.jpg

9db25db6a17f2c50af91c90755bec5bc.jpg

Scott Eastwood

30 years old

Raiders90

We must launch a protest of Disney is Chris "Manboy" Pratt isn't Indy.

Chris Manboy Pratt is the Man Who Makes Our Times.

Chris Manboy Pratt is the Man of Our Times

He is Nolan-approved. He is Disney-ified.

He is, and has always been, the real Indiana Jones.

He is our generation's Manboy pride.

andy_dwyer_size3.png

MadDog

He would need to show some resemblance to Harrison, but the main thing is picking a Actor who as a strong charisma and personality, that must be strong. It's a tough one.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Darn, I got excited when I heard Alden Ehrenreich got cast as Han Solo, since I figured that meant he was out of the running for future Indy casting.

I realize now that I had him confused with gifted impressionist Anthony Ingruber.

Still, Ehrenreich's out.

wombocombo

Just an idea - Oscar Issac

Not sure if this has been covered anywhere else but after seeing Oscar Issac in Star Wars - could he be an Indy reboot or a character in Indy 5?

Duaner

wombocombo said:
Not sure if this has been covered anywhere else but after seeing Oscar Issac in Star Wars - could he be an Indy reboot or a character in Indy 5?

I think he's a perfect choice for a sidekick - not Indy himself though.

I suggested Isaac in the thread about supporting actors a few weeks back. It was shot down due to his being "too recognizable."

indytim

Has anyone considered Ryan Gosling for the role of Indy? I saw 'The Nice Guys' over the weekend and he performed one of the best comedic adventure performances I've seen in a long time. He's proved over the years he has some serious acting chops and he doesn't look half bad in a fedora. Maybe after working on 'Blade Runner 2' Harrison might put in a good word for him. Just a thought.

Ryan-Gosling-and-Emma-Stone.jpg
12103248-large.jpg
151116-news-gosling.jpg

Attila the Professor

Staff member
indytim said:
Has anyone considered Ryan Gosling for the role of Indy? I saw 'The Nice Guys' over the weekend and he performed one of the best comedic adventure performances I've seen in a long time. He's proved over the years he has some serious acting chops and he doesn't look half bad in a fedora. Maybe after working on 'Blade Runner 2' Harrison might put in a good word for him. Just a thought.

I could see him as a credible choice, though he is already 35; if we figure the earliest point at which a reboot of some kind might be filmed is 2021, he'd be 40.

Indy86

Apparently the guy I figured for the part has been mentioned here earlier but I saw Anthony Ingruber's imitation of both Joneses from Last Crusade. Seriously when he smiled, he is Harrison Ford that it's creepy. And another one I liked was also mentioned here I think. Bradley Cooper. I can live with him if it means that it can keep Chris Pratt away. Because I blame him for the failure of Jurassic World amongst others when it comes to a reboot.

Face_Melt

Attila the Professor said:
I could see him as a credible choice, though he is already 35; if we figure the earliest point at which a reboot of some kind might be filmed is 2021, he'd be 40.

Perfect! Harrison turned 40 during filming of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Indy86 said:
Apparently the guy I figured for the part has been mentioned here earlier but I saw Anthony Ingruber's imitation of both Joneses from Last Crusade. Seriously when he smiled, he is Harrison Ford that it's creepy. And another one I liked was also mentioned here I think. Bradley Cooper. I can live with him if it means that it can keep Chris Pratt away. Because I blame him for the failure of Jurassic World amongst others when it comes to a reboot.

Out of the entire Jurassic Park franchise, Jurassic World is the second highest rated by critics and fans and made way more money than any installment in the series. If somebody could do to Indiana Jones what Pratt did for Jurassic World, we would be in for a real treat.

Last edited by a moderator: