Spider-Man 4

Katarn07

The third one sucked. I'm not excited for this at all, especially if the original cast don't return.

agentsands77

The only way I would be up for this is if Sam Raimi doesn't return as director, and the entire thing is recast. We need an entirely different vision if we're going to push on from here.

LostArk

The 1st and 2nd were epic. I had to watch SM3 a second time because I was falling asleep at the theater :p and I remember hating it but liked it after the 2nd viewing. I have no problem with a 4th but if they're gonna re-cast the main characters then there's no point in making more movies...

agentsands77

LostArk said:
I have no problem with a 4th but if they're gonna re-cast the main characters then there's no point in making more movies...
How so? Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst are hardly definitive in their roles.

Deckard

The Man said:
What other villians are yet to be used?

Lizard
Shocker
Black Cat (Sexy as hell and a bad girl)
Venom (Curt Connors still has piece of Symbiote) (Eddie Brock Sr.)
Carnage (Venom and Carnage in same movie = Spiderman 6 please)
Electro
Kraven
Beetle
Scorpion
Sandman is still alive
Hob Goblin (Roderick Kingsley version)
Kingpin
Mysterio (Bruce Campbell Please!)

Or pick 6 of the above, have them form the Sinister Six and have Spiderman face off against them over the course of a few movies.

Also give Gwen Stacey more attention because shes really hot.

The Man

Deckard said:
Lizard
Shocker
Black Cat (Sexy as hell and a bad girl)
Venom (Curt Connors still has piece of Symbiote) (Eddie Brock Sr.)
Carnage (Venom and Carnage in same movie = Spiderman 6 please)
Electro
Kraven
Beetle
Scorpion
Sandman is still alive
Hob Goblin (Roderick Kingsley version)
Kingpin
Mysterio (Bruce Campbell Please!)

Or pick 6 of the above, have them form the Sinister Six and have Spiderman face off against them over the course of a few movies.

Also give Gwen Stacey more attention because shes really hot.

Beetle?! What's his story?

Deckard

If memory serves, Beetle was Abner Jenkins, an inventor. He came up w/ a Rocket pack/suit.

In Ultimate Spiderman the game, you chase him above the streets and the people below can be heard saying things like "Why is Spiderman racing Iron Man?"

MolaRam2

The Spider-man series needs a Batman Begins style reboot. Spider-man 3 was a total joke. Peter Parker's dark side gives him the urge to dance:rolleyes: . I mean WTF, that was actually more stupid than Shia swinging with CGI monkeys. SM3 took itself so seriously that it only made it more painful. It was basically a soap opera with Spider-man characters. There was also way too much crying in SM3. It was just one big sobfest.

I have no desire to see Spider-man 4, unless it is a reboot.

TheMutt92

If Spiderman 4 (and after some rumors I've heard) and 5 are good, I think I can forget the negative stuff about 3. Personally, 3 should've ended w/ Sandman going his way, Venom getting away (setting up #4), and I really don't know about Harry. What I'm hoping is that in this one, maybe Peter gets an interest in the force, and slowly begins to go under under Cpt. Stacy's wing (thus introducing us a more adult Peter, and expanding Gwen and Cpt. Stacy's roles). Also, I'm dying for the Lizard! Please! After teasers in both the second AND third film, I just can't wait anymore! Oh, yeah, and Carnage would be cool (I mean, Connors still has the symbiote, wasn't Carnage a mix w/ the symbiote?!?).

The Man

Given the criticism that Spidey 3 was overstuffed, who else thinks it would have been a daring, clever idea to turn Mary Jane into Venom? Just think how perfect a twist to the 'strained lovers' plotline it would have been...

MaxPhactor23

TheMutt92 said:
If Spiderman 4 (and after some rumors I've heard) and 5 are good, I think I can forget the negative stuff about 3. Personally, 3 should've ended w/ Sandman going his way, Venom getting away (setting up #4), and I really don't know about Harry. What I'm hoping is that in this one, maybe Peter gets an interest in the force, and slowly begins to go under under Cpt. Stacy's wing (thus introducing us a more adult Peter, and expanding Gwen and Cpt. Stacy's roles). Also, I'm dying for the Lizard! Please! After teasers in both the second AND third film, I just can't wait anymore! Oh, yeah, and Carnage would be cool (I mean, Connors still has the symbiote, wasn't Carnage a mix w/ the symbiote?!?).

Will you promise me never to write a movie in your life? Please! Pretty please! ...please?

Shortie

The Man said:
Given the criticism that Spidey 3 was overstuffed, who else thinks it would have been a daring, clever idea to turn Mary Jane into Venom? Just think how perfect a twist to the 'strained lovers' plotline it would have been...
No, I want comic book movies to try to stay true to the source.

Lizard & Kraven the Hunter in Spidey 4 would be great!

Deckard

Shortie said:
No, I want comic book movies to try to stay true to the source.

Lizard & Kraven the Hunter in Spidey 4 would be great!

I can't see Kraven being likable w/o a major costume change but I always hated him. I am also really hoping we don't see Vulture.

I think it'd be best to get an entirely new cast, and do Black Cat, Lizard in 4. Beetle and Brock Sr. in 5. And Trask, Venom(Brock Sr.), maybe a very brief Carnage in 6.

Also in every movie Bruce Campbell should have a short appearance still, only now as Mysterio.

The lack of Harry or any male friend Peter's age would be a little wierd for 3 movies however. I really hate what Raimi did w/ 3.

No Ticket

agentsands77 said:
The only way I would be up for this is if Sam Raimi doesn't return as director, and the entire thing is recast. We need an entirely different vision if we're going to push on from here.

Man this is something I've said before. It's so damn f'n true what they say... "You're only as good as your last film."

The first two films were exceptional and they slipped up on ONE... the LAST one and now suddenly people don't want the people who were also responsible for the terrific first two to return.

You know how LAME it sounds to completely re-cast the film so soon after the last three? That's like re-booting the franchise. That's like starting over. It's not the same series of movies.

And I don't want to water the spider-man film legacy down by doing something really stupid like that. The only way I would like a fourth to actually get made is if Raimi was back along with the rest of the cast. They just need to work a little harder on this one... perhaps they had too much confidence after how well the first two did.

Whatever the reason. People are human and nobody knows exactly how their movie is going to turn out while making it. Everyone had the best intentions, but I do agree Spidey 3 wasn't too good.

Only ONE.. ONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE villain in the next one please. The storyline was far too congested in the last one to develop characters and their motivations very well.