The Exodus

San Holo

I'm watching the Exodus: Decoded right now on the History channel. It's pretty damn entertaining. Hope everyone is tuned in-it even covers the Ark of the Covenant:cool: .

San Holo

ClintonHammond said:
"The Exodus" as "History"?

Heh

That's pretty funny....

What's next? Atlantis?
Nope, next up is......drumroll............."Who taught CH how to give the best [bungie jumping lessons] in Canada"... :p

San Holo, keep it civil and within rules please.

Last edited by a moderator:

qwerty

It is just one of those stories where something big happened. And then every time story was told it was more and more developed and unbelievable. What we know today is just the final version. Who knows what realy happened.

I will be curious once I've seen the show, to read what archaeologists and historians have to say about Simcha Jacobovici's theories......

San Holo

ClintonHammond said:
I will be curious once I've seen the show, to read what archaeologists and historians have to say about Simcha Jacobovici's theories......
Jacobovici's theories are pretty plausible and rooted in science - like the plauges and the parting of the sea were caused from volcanic activity. Check the show out, if for no other reason than to see the what they say the Ark loked like.

Johan

San Holo said:
Jacobovici's theories are pretty plausible and rooted in science - like the plauges and the parting of the sea were caused from volcanic activity. Check the show out, if for no other reason than to see the what they say the Ark loked like.

The bible say's what the ark looked like, why would you need a show to tell you?

San Holo

IndyJohan said:
The bible say's what the ark looked like, why would you need a show to tell you?
Did you watch the show? I'm quite familiar with what the bible says about the Ark, but there are preists' medallions that supposedly show exactly what the Ark looked like, instead Hollywood's interpretation .

indyt

temple of john said:
I enjoyed it San and thanks for the welcome back. Feels good to be back. Although I do think that most of the Exodus story is fictional, it's still fun to imagine that some of it may have happened.

Its great to have you back TOJ. I do hope you consider the fact of the Exodus. As a Christian I believe the Bible is true in what it says. There has been alot of evidence as well as to the authenticity of the Exodus outside of the Bible.
Its good to know that you are someone I can conversate with about things like this without sparking alot of controversy. But if you really get into an indept study of the Exodus you will learn some amazing things my friend.
tommy:)

"There has been alot of evidence as well as to the authenticity of the Exodus outside of the Bible. "

Ya?? Let's see it.....

*I'm NOT holding my breath*

Doc Savage

ClintonHammond said:
Ya?? Let's see it.....
The Hammurabic Code proving writing DID exist pre-Moses, despite "higher criticism." And don't bother citing this as Moses' source for the Decalogue. The civil codes of Hammurabi were markedly different from the Law God gave Moses.

Mt. Sinai in Arabia, with pictures of a split rock (water-erosion marks on it despite it being nowhere near a body of water), glyphs of apis bulls (worshipped in Egypt; golden calf anyone?), and a valley big enough to encamp a couple million people. Not to mention the top of said Mount is blackened. And it came to pass on the third day in the morning, that there were thunders and lightnings, and a thick cloud upon the mount, and the voice of the trumpet exceeding loud; so that all the people that was in the camp trembled. And Moses brought forth the people out of the camp to meet with God; and they stood at the nether part of the mount. And mount Sinai was altogether on a smoke, because the LORD descended upon it in fire: and the smoke thereof ascended as the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mount quaked greatly. Ex 19:16-18

Electrum-plated chariot wheels with a spoke design circa 1500 BC found scattered along the land bridge under the Gulf of Aqaba. This land bridge connects the terminal peninsula of Pi-Hahiroth and the Arabian shore. On either side of this land bridge, the water plummets several thousand feet. This allows for the water "heaping up," as the Biblical account relates.

qwerty

I would just like to state at this point that I do believe that Exodus happened bud I totaly do not believe that it had anything to do with God's wishes.
They made it. Good for jews. But that's all. Human determination was the key.

indyt

Doc Savage said:
The Hammurabic Code proving writing DID exist pre-Moses, despite "higher criticism." And don't bother citing this as Moses' source for the Decalogue. The civil codes of Hammurabi were markedly different from the Law God gave Moses.

Mt. Sinai in Arabia, with pictures of a split rock (water-erosion marks on it despite it being nowhere near a body of water), glyphs of apis bulls (worshipped in Egypt; golden calf anyone?), and a valley big enough to encamp a couple million people. Not to mention the top of said Mount is blackened. And it came to pass on the third day in the morning, that there were thunders and lightnings, and a thick cloud upon the mount, and the voice of the trumpet exceeding loud; so that all the people that was in the camp trembled. And Moses brought forth the people out of the camp to meet with God; and they stood at the nether part of the mount. And mount Sinai was altogether on a smoke, because the LORD descended upon it in fire: and the smoke thereof ascended as the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mount quaked greatly. Ex 19:16-18

Electrum-plated chariot wheels with a spoke design circa 1500 BC found scattered along the land bridge under the Gulf of Aqaba. This land bridge connects the terminal peninsula of Pi-Hahiroth and the Arabian shore. On either side of this land bridge, the water plummets several thousand feet. This allows for the water "heaping up," as the Biblical account relates.

Thanks Doc. You beat me to the punch. Thanks for doing the work for me. And very accurate by the way.

Doc Savage

ClintonHammond said:
And your sources are, Doc?

Cause without sources, they're just baseless personal assertions
As are the majority of the 'expert opinions' touted on this board. Check out Ron Wyatt's website for pics of Mt. Sinai, and read a history book for the Hammurabic Code.

TO THOSE WHO DISCREDIT RON WYATT"S FINDINGS: For the ones he's produced evidence for, and the one's others have claimed as their own finds, there is no dispute except interpretation. Archaeology is an interpretive science. It's not metallurgy, chemistry, or physics. Some have said, "he's not even a trained archaeologist." To them I say, "Professionals built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark."

"Professionals built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark."

Ya... but the Titanic is real.... "The Ark" isn't.... So, I'll stick to so-called "experts" thanks....

To quote the Israel Antiquities Authority, "Ron Wyatt is neither an archaeologist nor has he ever carried out a legally licensed excavation in Israel or Jerusalem... [His claims] fall into the category of trash which one finds in tabloids such as the National Enquirer, Sun etc."

Doc Savage

ClintonHammond said:
Ya... but the Titanic is real.... "The Ark" isn't....
Opinion, CH, not fact. Prove it didn't exist. Disprove the Bible. Amazing how you can call my claims conjecture while spouting your opinion as 'carved in marble.'
ClintonHammond said:
To quote the Israel Antiquities Authority, "Ron Wyatt is neither an archaeologist nor has he ever carried out a legally licensed excavation in Israel or Jerusalem...
And yet they continued to allow him to dig. And still allow his legacy to perform excavations. Tennessee R goes over there continually with the Ron Wyatt Archaeological team.
ClintonHammond said:
[His claims] fall into the category of trash which one finds in tabloids such as the National Enquirer, Sun etc."
If you can't kill the message, kill the messenger. Anytime anything that could possibly be construed as Biblical evidence is produced, be sure character assassination is right behind it. If the 'evidence' is The Gospel of Judas or The Jesus Papers, however, expect five documentaries and a big-budget movie.

Skepticism is fine, even very valuable. Bigotry and bias, however...