Trilogy on Blu-Ray

JurassicPrince

I think it's kind of appropriate to bump this, since they played the Blu Ray versions on Spike.

I didn't catch any of the sequels, but I did record Raiders. I know it's been mentioned, but they did something with the coloring. The sunset shot is completely lighter orange, I noticed I can barely make out Toht's face when he enters the Raven, and the opening seems really washed out.

I hope it's not me.

Henry W Jones

JurassicPrince said:
I think it's kind of appropriate to bump this, since they played the Blu Ray versions on Spike.

I didn't catch any of the sequels, but I did record Raiders. I know it's been mentioned, but they did something with the coloring. The sunset shot is completely lighter orange, I noticed I can barely make out Toht's face when he enters the Raven, and the opening seems really washed out.

I hope it's not me.

You don't own a store copy of ROTLA?

Forbidden Eye

JurassicPrince said:
No, I still use my 2003 DVDs. I can't be the only one, right... :eek:

Nope, I still don't have the Blu-Ray set. What can I say? I'm pretty financially conservative, and while I really want it, I've seen the movies enough times that I feel ok holding off rebuying them again just for them to be slightly brighter. It won't be so drastic in quality it'll feel like seeing them for the first time like when they first came out on DVD.

I'm a little conflicted about what to do, because while these individual releases finally solve my dilemma about double-dipping Kingdom on Blu-Ray, I do want the bonus features disc just for new documentary that includes the deleted scenes, and if this press releases is to be believed, these will only come with trailers.

Unless I can buy the bonus features disc somewhere, it looks like my best option is to just buy the set. I think I'll wait until Black Friday and see if the set is cheaper than the fairly reasonable $44 it's selling at Amazon right now.

micsteam

Get the set, you really want the set. I had KOTCS on Blu Ray already when I got the full Blu Ray set and I must say that the set is worth every penny, but wait until Black Friday to get it for less as long as you can wait. You have to watch though because when Lucas released Star Wars on DVD as a boxed set he did not include the original unaltered releases and made us repurchase these later on and who knows what other special features. I don't think Lucasfilm/Disney is going to do this but keep your eyes peeled. :hat:

Henry W Jones

JurassicPrince said:
No, I still use my 2003 DVDs. I can't be the only one, right... :eek:

I thought you were saying you only had a recorded copy off TV. No shame in not having the bluray. DVD is a store bought copy. :hat:

indyclone25

from the site Cinemablend.com: A little over a year ago, Paramount Home Media Distribution released Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures Blu-ray, which marked the very first time the first three flicks in the Indiana Jones franchise were available in HD picture. That release followed a painstaking remastering of the first three films. Unfortunately, that set retailed for $76, which isn’t an outrageous amount for a set with four movies, but is pretty expensive for fans who may have only wanted or needed to purchase one or two of the movies in the series. The individual Blu-ray and Digital HD releases are finally on the way, and they are hitting the market just in time for the holidays.

The Digital HD releases for each of the films will be available beginning on November 19. Individual Blu-ray copies will follow just a few weeks later, on December 17. Here’s the cover art for each of the four brand new Blu-ray releases. Of the four, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is the only film that has been available individually on Blu-ray before.
Each of the flicks in the series comes with an HD reissue of a teaser trailer and a theatrical trailer, plus a digital copy of the film, the latter of which should be a nice bonus for all of those tablet owners out there. Additionally, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull will come with additional extras that are listed below. If you are a huge fan of the series and care about behind-the-scenes extras and stuff, though, you should go ahead and pull out your wallet and invest in the Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures set. That set comes with a featurette called “On Set with Raiders of the Lost Ark," which offers almost an hour of little seen footage. Other extras with that set include “Making of” segments and background information on the stunts, lights, and music. Here’s the rundown of that set.

Still, for casual fans of the Indiana Jones series, these individual sets could be a real winner. We don’t have full specs on the set, yet, but they are likely to be cheaper than the full series set. Plus, as a moderate Indiana Jones fan who randomly doesn’t own Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and I would totally be willing to trade up and purchase a Blu-ray copy with that flick. No doubt others are in similar situations.

The sets are not available for pre-order yet, but we’ll keep you updated as we get a little closer to release.
_1382061553_zpse994555d.jpg
_1382061578_zpsbbd4e454.jpg

_1382061563_zps2a360810.jpg

KarmicCurse

Sorry if this has been covered but I'm still a little confused as to the blu-ray collection's features.

I own the bonus disc from the very first DVD release of the trilogy, and I own the 2008 re-releases as well as the two disc DVD of KOTCS.

As I understand it the only thing NOT included in the blu-ray box set are some of the features from disc two of KOTCS, specifically that the lengthy documentary has been heavily edited down. Is that right?

KarmicCurse

^Thank you. It looks like very little of the KOTCS features made it to the bluray. I thought they were well done and re-watchable.

The blu-ray box has been, and still is, $35 at FYE stores for a few weeks now. Very tempting had I not spent a lot on various other blu-rays on Black Friday.

Forbidden Eye

Finally got this set and watched the On Set of Raiders documentary. Great doc. A bit surreal to see the behind-the-scenes and out-takes of many scenes that are so iconic now. Finally great to actually get deleted scenes(even if they aren't separate or likely consisting of all of them). My favorite was the submarine footage. Those who whined about Indy on a submarine being a "plot hole" really have to eat their own words. ;)

Disappointing that there wasn't an On Set of Temple or Crusade though. I'd rather have that than all the other features which I(and most fans) already own on DVD anyway. I suppose there's always a chance they could be saving it for another rerelease. Also disappointing how they just threw the out takes/deleted scenes from the two movies at very end.

Haven't had the chance to watch the movies in HD yet, but the clips of the films in the doc looked bright and beautiful. :hat:

micsteam

Difference Between Blu Ray Complete and Individual Sets

Can anyone tell me, definitively, if there's any difference between the special features from the complete Indiana Jones Blu Ray DVD set and the individual ones just being released ?? I was at Target the other day (local shopping store) and, from what I can tell, the Raiders copy has some additional audio commentary from Spielberg and Lucas (not positive), personally I hate someone speaking over the movie, it ruins it for me, but that's me !! Anyway, then I'm in Costco (a bulk discount outlet, you buy cereal you buy a 10 lbs. box of cereal) and they have the individual Blu Ray copies and I pick up Temple of Doom and it has almost no " Making of " ... no nothing !! The complete set is absolutely GREAT !! Tons of stuff, well specifically Raiders, that has not been seen before but later it alludes (even shows) to scenes and cuts from TOD and LC that are not in the " Making of " DVD and I was hoping to see if they'd be on these individual copies. Anyway let me know, I appreciate all help. Thnx, :hat:

indyclone25

all you get on each individual bluray is the movie and trailers. the complete set has the fifth disc which holds all the behind the scenes and the extra stuff. the bluray individuals are just to own your favs alone. (n)

micsteam

Right I know I have the set, when I was at Costco I read on the Raiders copy had some extras, no ?? Are there different individual copys ??

micsteam

That's agreat deal !!! I recommend that over buying each individual movie as you get an extensive " making of disc " with extras only available with the 4 disc Blu-Ray set.

IndyForever

Indiana Jones Bluray Steelbooks available now

For anyone who does not know zavvi are selling all 4 Indy movies in terrific looking steelbooks. These are region free Blurays they ship international as well. I ordered mine months ago should arrive in a few days for me as I live in UK.

If you want these do not wait for long they will sell out very fast only 4000 copies worldwide (4000 x 4 = 16000 in total for all 4 movies) the 16000 went within a few hours of being on sale before these are the cancellations where traders tried to order multiple copies to sell @ huge profit margins.
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/zavvi-outlet/_i.html?_nkw=indiana+jones&submit=

litemakr

JurassicPrince said:

I hope it's not me.

It's not you. The entire film has been given a new color timing which has a strong orange shift and does not match the original film at all. This makes a lot of the outdoor scenes look flat and hazy. Blue skies are now a washed out brown/orange The gamma and contrast is changed resulting in blown out whites and crushed black in places. The opening of the ark is particularly bad, with color changing from shot to shot and loss of detail in the ghost and fire shots due to incorrect gamma which blows them out. The orange shift renders Indy and Marion literally orange during that scene. It looks really bad IMO, I have a hard time watching the blu ray. The DVD color looks much better and is much more accurate to the original film color timing.