Unfound Treasures

Doc Savage

ClintonHammond said:
"The Ark, however, was definitely real and existed at one time."
Evidence? Especially given that "Exodus" never happened... (The Hebrews were never slaves in Egypt. If they had been, there would be independent, corroborating evidence... None exists... No Archaeological evidence either. If that story is propaganda, why not the sub-story of The Ark?)
Oh, really?

http://www.answersingenesis.org/tj/v15/i1/moses.asp#f5

Doc Savage

ClintonHammond said:
Just more cooing from the pigeon...
Ignoring and dismissong it won't make it go away. Check out the rest of the site, Canuck. Many Ph.D.'s...I thought "those in the know" was your entire argument.

Doc Savage

ClintonHammond said:
You'd have to be some kind of moron to believe anything supported by answeringgenesis.org....

So again, just more cooing.
No, again just more ad hominem. Not one shred of anything other than a personal bias. A Ph.D. is a Ph.D. (or several, in this case), only invalidated in your mind because you don't like what they have to say.

otto rahn

How about the silver coffin of Genghis Khan ? or "The Mahogany Ship" (an Aussie mystery that one which might rewrite the early history of the discovery of Australia if it were found !)or how about "the Jade Fire Snake" of the Aztecs (mentioned as some sort of "ultimate weapon" or protective device which failed to stop the Spanish and subsequently dissapeared !) or maybe Indy could get involved with a bit of cryptozoology (Sasquatch, Yeti, Bigfoot, Chupacubra etc ) Lots of juicy mysteries. unfound treasures out there for an intrepid adventurer to investigate !

IrishLuck1980

To me, the greatest archaeological find would be when China finally opens the Emperors Tomb. I hope I'm alive for that. I can't wait to see pictures or videos of that. Now that will be something out of a Indiana Jones movie.

otto rahn

IrishLuck1980 said:
To me, the greatest archaeological find would be when China finally opens the Emperors Tomb. I hope I'm alive for that. I can't wait to see pictures or videos of that. Now that will be something out of a Indiana Jones movie.
mmm ! That'd be nice,:cool:

indy34

I've heard bits and piece's about the tomb but whats happening with it why haven't they opened it:confused:

Just adding sorry if my spelling is bad I'm using a computer atschool and don't have spell check instaled:(

|ZiR|

The burial site of Boadicea and her daughters is still yet to be found.

That'd be pretty big.

otto rahn

|ZiR| said:
The burial site of Boadicea and her daughters is still yet to be found.

That'd be pretty big.
Any information on whether that one is actively being searched for ? If so, where are they looking ?

DaFedora

yeah well, maybe between 1/3 and half of the tombs or remains of all important historic 'world leaders' or military men of influence who made the differences in the Etruscan, Roman, Greek, Persian, Seleucid, Babylonian, Akkadian, Sumerian, Hittite, etc. empires.

Also a pretty good deal of the great persons being mentioned in the Biblical and Hebrew traditions (some would argue the level of history in there, but still I don't argue the tradition as long as there are no counterfactual indications or clues to forgery of historical fact) are still unfound (or maybe destroyed). Think of Nehemiah, Aaron, Pontius Pilatus,... Pick one :)

Anyhow I'm getting pretty interested in the Biblical history part (even though it hosts probably a stock of very fragmentary, doubtful or conjectured chronology or simultaneities that just seem too funny to have coincided)... but that makes the challenge of looking for clues, right? As long as certain old scrolls remain locked or unaccessible, the mainstream scholars won't rest to find out.

Dr Bones

The lost Mojo of Spielberg and Lucas.

Believed to have been lost sometime in the latter half of the twentieth century.

Legend has it that once these two mythical beings turned all they touched into gold and the people would make great pilgrimages to worhsip at their wonderous creation.

Then a sinister curse descended and all that was gold turned to bile and many of the people revolted or turned to new deities.

Some of the old wonders were reproduced or defaced in a vain attempt to rekindle the faith but the people fled in fear for their childhood virtue.

Old archeologists came out of retiremnt to seek the Mojo but it was not found and the people were scornful.

New technology was even used to try and keep the legends alive but their thrawl was dwindling rapidly.

One failed expedition followed another and many of the faithful were disillusioned. As new generations grew up with teachings of the legends, fewer believed in the resurrection of the lost Mojo. The Mojo is now considered by many as myth and that the ancient treasures are nothing more than fanciful relics.

To this day there are still a loyal few who believe that the Mojo will be rediscovered. They dedicate themselves to honour the legends and preserve the antiquities that remain until the Mojo rises once more, glorious and shimmering, blinding all those who looked upon it with doubt and turning all false idols and pretenders to the throne into pillars of salted popcorn.

I hope they find it.

Indy Scout 117

Dr Bones said:
The lost Mojo of Spielberg and Lucas.

Believed to have been lost sometime in the latter half of the twentieth century.

Legend has it that once these two mythical beings turned all they touched into gold and the people would make great pilgrimages to worhsip at their wonderous creation.

Then a sinister curse descended and all that was gold turned to bile and many of the people revolted or turned to new deities.

Some of the old wonders were reproduced or defaced in a vain attempt to rekindle the faith but the people fled in fear for their childhood virtue.

Old archeologists came out of retiremnt to seek the Mojo but it was not found and the people were scornful.

New technology was even used to try and keep the legends alive but their thrawl was dwindling rapidly.

One failed expedition followed another and many of the faithful were disillusioned. As new generations grew up with teachings of the legends, fewer believed in the resurrection of the lost Mojo. The Mojo is now considered by many as myth and that the ancient treasures are nothing more than fanciful relics.

To this day there are still a loyal few who believe that the Mojo will be rediscovered. They dedicate themselves to honour the legends and preserve the antiquities that remain until the Mojo rises once more, glorious and shimmering, blinding all those who looked upon it with doubt and turning all false idols and pretenders to the throne into pillars of salted popcorn.

I hope they find it.
lol thats pretty funny. :p