Nephilim and Archeology

Pale Horse

Staff member
indyt said:
Check out II Peter 2:4 and Jude 6

Rocket Surgeon might like these...dominions of the afterlife...beyond the scope of time (are they there now..in eternity...or will they be when we get there). But it certainly doesn't help with the problem of Genesis 6.

Demonic possession (which I have witness first hand) is verifiable in the scriptures, but I don't believe that beyond the ambiguous Genesis 6:4 passage...there can be demonic 'creation' i.e. sperm and egg...it violates God's 2nd Law of Thermodynamics...

indyt

Pale Horse said:
Rocket Surgeon might like these...dominions of the afterlife...beyond the scope of time (are they there now..in eternity...or will they be when we get there). But it certainly doesn't help with the problem of Genesis 6.

Demonic possession (which I have witness first hand) is verifiable in the scriptures, but I don't believe that beyond the ambiguous Genesis 6:4 passage...there can be demonic 'creation' i.e. sperm and egg...it violates God's 2nd Law of Thermodynamics...

I guess II Peter is interesting b/c it also connects to Noah's Flood. The flood is spoke of in Gen 6 as well. I feel that God destroyed the earth because of the sinfullness of man and the existence of the Neph. I guess you probably resort to the "sons of Seth" hypothisis to explain Gen 6. Anyway, it is fun discussing the matter with you. Always like to hear other people's views and logic!

Montana Smith

Pale Horse said:
It's been made clear in the scriptures that the angels are not given to intimacy...therefore you can not have demonic relations of a procreating nature.

No succubi or incubi? No nocturnal visits? Or do the angels become more base the lower down the order they appear?

WillKill4Food

Dust McAlan said:
When recalling this, that the Pharoahs called themselves sons of God, and that the Bible clearly references the "sons of God [that] came in unto the daughters of men" it's difficult to pass off the notion that the nephilim were extraterrestrial.
Given that the Old Testament is based on Jewish sources, it seems unlikely that the "sons of God" would be Pharaohs, doesn't it? My understanding has always been that the "sons of God" were those loyal to the Creator while the "daughters of men" were "heathen" women or whatever you want to call them, that interbreeding being why it caused such an uproar. I don't recall the verses, but I remember my Scofield study Bible pointed out that angels, as Pale Horse implied, do not have gender. I imagine that makes pollinating a little difficult, even for a preternatural being.

Meanwhile, some Christian named Chuck Missler thinks the nephilim were naughty little gray men who came to pollute the world against God's will. Seems a bit odd to me that God would create an alien species just so they could screw with us, but there are weirder passages in the Bible.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Montana Smith said:
No succubi or incubi? No nocturnal visits? Or do the angels become more base the lower down the order they appear?

Nope, nothing in scripture backs these popular tropes.

WillKill4Food said:
Seems a bit odd to me that God would create an alien species just so they could screw with us, but there are weirder passages in the Bible.

I agree, and if what you're speaking of is true (little grey men) then that puts the whole salvation gospel to question. "Why do we need to be redeemed, if THEY do not?"

Montana Smith

Pale Horse said:
Nope, nothing in scripture backs these popular tropes.

That's a shame. Another book to cross off my Christmas list.

WillKill4Food said:
Seems a bit odd to me that God would create an alien species just so they could screw with us, but there are weirder passages in the Bible.

Pale Horse said:
I agree, and if what you're speaking of is true (little grey men) then that puts the whole salvation gospel to question. "Why do we need to be redeemed, if THEY do not?"

Maybe not screw with us, but just probe a bit. If you put KOTCS into that context, those inter-dimensionals were putting humans to the test, and dishing out instant punishment for failure. Tasked with such duties by a higher power in their absence?

Hanselation

Nephilim

Pale Horse said:
Has anyone ever considered this aspect of the Bible and Aliens? See Genesis 6 and consider the idea of theology and astrology crossing streams....
Now, in 2017 this thoughts would really make sense for Indy 5.
We saw "aliens" in Indy 4, many fans would like a biblical connection for the next Indy.
Mix them both, an you will get a "Nephilim" connected story:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nephilim :whip: