View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 10:55 AM   #10
IndyBuff
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMa
I always thought it was funny that the sequel novel was clearly written as a basis for a sequel movie after the success of the first movie, then the second movie had almost nothing in common with the second novel.

I remember Michael Crichton being pressured by Spielberg and others to write a sequel, which is something he admitted he'd never done before. Then they took most of his book and discarded it, with even Spielberg later claiming that he lost interest during the making of the film and had trouble connecting with it.

Quote:
Spielberg confessed that during production he became increasingly disenchanted with the film, admitting, "I beat myself up... growing more and more impatient with myself... It made me wistful about doing a talking picture, because sometimes I got the feeling I was just making this big silent-roar movie... I found myself saying, 'Is that all there is? It's not enough for me.'"

I find that pretty reckless and irresponsible. He pushed so hard for it and then just kind of gave up in the process. Jurassic Park 3 is no masterpiece but at least it's a tight and coherent film that feels like real effort was put into it. I thought Jurassic World was great and I hope the sequel can maintain that kind of momentum.
IndyBuff is offline   Reply With Quote