Whatcha playin? (Video games wise.)

Le Saboteur

I have the demo of Left 4 Dead 2 in heavy rotation. In fact, it's practically the only thing I've played for the past couple of days. Two days and 10,000 zombies later, I need a break.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u39KZJIJ7VA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u39KZJIJ7VA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

In my PS3 line-up: FIFA 10, Brutal Legend, Among Thieves, Arkham Asylum, and Ratchet & Clank. I won a copy of Madden 10 yesterday in that KFC contest, and that'll be here in 6-8 weeks.

The Drifter

I got Dragon Age: Origins today. I seen that Vance said he has been playing it in another thread. So, Vance; if you happen to see this. What is your opinion on the game so far? I have yet to play it.
(I did not ask you about this in the Lego Indy 2 thread, because I did not want to take it off topic.)

Arab Swordsman

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I got Dragon Age: Origins today. I seen that Vance said he has been playing it in another thread. So, Vance; if you happen to see this. What is your opinion on the game so far? I have yet to play it.
(I did not ask you about this in the Lego Indy 2 thread, because I did not want to take it off topic.)

Dragon Age is sick! I've been playing for the last week or so and all I want to do is play it more. It's the kind of game you could take a day off of work and sit down and play for 12 straight hours and play. If you played the KOTOR Star Wars games for Xbox this is similar in style.

The_Raiders

We got Modern Warfare2 at the midnight release and have been playing that since. Awesome, awesome game.

Modern_Warfare_2_Wallpaper_by_ExoZa.jpg

Finn

Staff member
I've also had Dragon Age for about a week (for PC) and I can heartily recommend it to everyone who's liked the past BioWare products (bar Mass Effect, which is more a RPG lite, but a good game nevertheless). It doesn't try to reinvent the wheel, simply offers us more of the same old in a quality package.

The start was a little slow and bland, at least with the human noble origin story, but it definitely picked up once the full map opened up. While I'm still not very deep into it, I can already say that the amount of content here seems to be nothing worth of impressive.

I can't say if it's a game for everyone, but any RPG fan should certainly get their money's worth out of it.

Le Saboteur

The_Raiders said:
We got Modern Warfare2 at the midnight release and have been playing that since. Awesome, awesome game.

So you're one of those who helped it sell fifty-billion copies in 24-hours?

Finn: It certainly looks like it could be interesting, but I haven't played any sort of RPG since... oh, Morrowind. Not that I need another game. My zombie apocalypse is more than enough to keep me occupied in between everything else.

That reminds me: I should've taken a screen shot; we had a pile of bodies three feet high on three sides of our strong point in the finale of the 1st Chapter. It's a good point of reference: If you're going to strong point a location, an automatic shotgun will even the odds.

The Drifter

I sat down to play Dragon Age last night. I started with a male, human noble. I loved the origin story for it. I got caught up in the game (reading every codex i found, etc) and before I knew it I had played for about four hours.

Arab Swordsman and Finn are both right. This is a great game. I have not been immersed in a game like this for awhile.

00Kevin

Indyfan
my number 1 this season is left 4 dead 2, which i played and is awesome! I played a few levels of modern warfare 2, which is an amazing game and certainly matches up to the hype.

seriously considering getting assassins creed 2, loved the first one! played the demos of brutal legend and fifa 10, which were alot of fun but i don't think i would buy them. i might buy the fifa world cup game when it comes out though

A friend at Activision sent me Call of Duty War Chest, CoD4 Game of the Year Edition, and CoD Modern Warfare2...Gratis! Woo Hoo!

Die facists!

The Drifter

Rocket Surgeon said:
A friend at Activision sent me Call of Duty War Chest, CoD4 Game of the Year Edition, and CoD Modern Warfare2...Gratis! Woo Hoo!

Die facists!

Can you ask the same friend to send me those items as well? lol :D

The Drifter

Rocket Surgeon said:
Man, if I could rip em and mail em I would, but I think you know the answer!

It never hurts to try and get free stuff! But, I was just pulling your leg. Now all you need are the Treyarch sequels. Call of Duty 3, and World at War.
Does it make me weird that I like the Treyarch versions better than Infinity Ward's?

Lonsome_Drifter said:
It never hurts to try and get free stuff! But, I was just pulling your leg. Now all you need are the Treyarch sequels. Call of Duty 3, and World at War.
Does it make me weird that I like the Treyarch versions better than Infinity Ward's?

Yes, yes it does.

Really, I couldn't comment till I've played them...what makes them better in your opinion?

The Drifter

Rocket Surgeon said:
Yes, yes it does.

Really, I couldn't comment till I've played them...what makes them better in your opinion?

I just like the single-player campaigns better in them. I'm not a big online multi-player fan. And, I'm more keen playing during World War II, than a post-modern war.
There is more impact in the battles, because those battles really happened. So, I feel like I'm really playing through something important.

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I just like the single-player campaigns better in them. I'm not a big online multi-player fan. And, I'm more keen playing during World War II, than a post-modern war.

So far I'm really into the WWII era, but the game trailer's review of Modern Warfare looks wicked.

What about them are better? They're longer? You like the battles towards the end of the war? Level design? Vehicles?

Tell you what, the chatter is amazing...the accents are great!