Indiana Jones Omnibus: The Further Adventures Volume 3

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Stoo said:
Was just looking at the Omnibus and you're right. Marion's appearances are finished with Vol. 2.:eek:

As Shorty would say, "Big mistake! Big mistake! No mo' Mawion!":p

No, Stoo, you were right the first time! :eek:

Just bought Vol 3 yesterday at Supanova, and starting reading it, and Marion is in the 1st issue for a few panels.

She gets stood up by Indy at some big lecture thing, that she's hosting. She gets p.o. and leaves.

So, like you said, there's a possibility for the events implied in KOTCS, in Marion's exit in the Omnibus. It's not as dead pan, as the previous Omnibus implied.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I also think this could be Indy's walkout mentioned in Indy 4. And over a rumored city of gold! Spoiler here: there's nothing supernatural in this Omnibus 'cept a guy with an amulet, and a grail. After that dragon nonsense it's a relief.

Lao_Che

Moedred said:
I also think this could be Indy's walkout mentioned in Indy 4. And over a rumored city of gold!

I hope not, it's very much Marion leaving Indy and not the other way around.

Peru1936

Just got my copy a couple days ago. I've read the first three stories so far and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. If it keeps up with this pace, it will easily outrank volume 2. (y)

indyclone25

marvel comics did have a good run with the indy books ? it would have been nice for them to do more but i think they realized that with last crusade it was going to be the last movie and they decided to quit while they were ahead .

indyclone25 said:
marvel comics did have a good run with the indy books ? it would have been nice for them to do more but i think they realized that with last crusade it was going to be the last movie and they decided to quit while they were ahead .

The last issue of TFAOIJ was #34 in early 1986. I guess the comic wasn't selling well enough, even after the move to bi-monthly publication. I'm surprised that DC didn't pick up the rights (if they were available), as they did a great job on Star Trek, which was another book that Marvel had first and gave up on.

As for vol. 3, the last issue I bought back then was #24, so vol. 3 begins right when I stopped buying Indy...and comics in general.

Peru1936

Yeah, it's too bad they finished up on issue #34. I think the series was finally starting to pick up. I think Linda Grant's stories were among the best of the lot. I'd like to know what kind of ideas Grant may have been conjuring before the cancellation.

phantom train

I agree it's unfortunate that the FAOIJ ended with issue #34. The whole series was, overall, very well-done, especially the Steve Ditko-drawn issues. I just don't think that the IJ franchise had a strong enough following at the time to sustain a long-term, monthly comic book series.