Raiding The Lost Ark - New Project

emtiem

jambedavdar said:
A @WiredGeekDad Exclusive: See the first 17 Minutes of Raiding The Lost Ark by @jamieswb bit.ly/uAAQ2Y #Raidingthelostark

This is looking lovely; cant wait to see the whole thing.

I notice the link mentions there are no Blu Rays; there are however HD versions of Raiders out there as it has been shown on TV in HD res.

jambedavdar

emtiem said:
This is looking lovely; cant wait to see the whole thing.

I notice the link mentions there are no Blu Rays; there are however HD versions of Raiders out there as it has been shown on TV in HD res.

Thanks. I do actually have the HD broadcast but I was already working on the project with the upconverted DVDs and there would have been too much to redo. Thanks for your support.

Dr. Gonzo

What happened with talking to Watts?

And shouldn't this thread be moved to the fan work and activities section?
Just wonderin'.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Looks fantastic so far! A favorite scene from "The Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark" I hope is included is when Spielberg's excitedly flipping through the storyboards and Ford abandons him for some mustard.

The Raiders transcripts, by the way, emerged thanks to research done on this thread, observed by non-members. Perhaps the images should be reversed to white on black to resemble subtitles?

jambedavdar

I love that scene too! It's in there!

I didn't realise the story conf emerged because of you guys. Fantastic work.

It's funny you should mention inverting the images. I was experimenting that with that last night! So buzzed about the positive response! Thanks.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Jamie writes:
I’ll be going straight to The Temple of Doom after Jaws, hopefully. You never know what life may throw at you though. I don’t think I’ll ever do Indy 4 though. I’m not a fan.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
http://opticalpodcast.com/episode_006A
Nice chats with Jamie Benning and others...
We chat with Cinefex writer Joe Fordham and film/TV editor Brian Newell about Raiders of the Lost Ark, and interview mechanical effects and pyro legend Thaine Morris about his career and his work on Raiders and Dragonslayer. We also chat with Jamie Benning about his creation of the Filmumentaries behind-the-scenes documentary format.