View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 03:50 PM   #147
Willie Hott
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11YearsLater
What's with all this negativity? This new announcement confirms they are still completely committed to making this movie with Spielberg and Ford on board. Had they had any doubts about making Indy 5 with Spielberg + Ford, they simply would not have announced anything about it.

It's not necessarily shooting your theory down. I have been predicting for a long time that Indy 5 would both act as the end to the Indy series with Ford, and as the first movie of a new Indy series with a new actor. 1/3 or 1/2 of the movie taking place a decade after Crstal Skull featuring Ford, and 2/3 or 1/2 of it taking place a few years before Doom featuring a younger actor as Indy.

What if they want to wait with a completely new Indy series, and want Ford to play both the old AND the young Indiana in Indy 5? The de-aging technology as seen in Captain America 3 is already near perfect, Scorese will use it for his next movie to de-age DeNiro and Pacino. I am now convinced that this is exactly what Spielberg and his team are planning to do.
Boy, I hope we're right. It would be a dream come true to see Harrison playing Indiana Jones in his 20's or 30's again.

Come on, Indy fans.. Get those chins up. This could turn out even better than expected. Is it annoying that they pushed it a whole extra year? Of course it's frustrating. But they are still committed to it and wouldn't have announced it in the first place. I'm hoping for one of the best Indy movies we've ever seen. Technology can bring us an Indy film that we've never even dreamed of before!
Willie Hott is offline   Reply With Quote