The Raven's Collected Quotes

Canyon

From one of the raven veterans Lucky Lighter after seeing a picture of me dressed as Lara Croft from this thread... http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?p=169536

So, Canyon (Lucky turns on the Raven radio, lights a fire in the fireplace. The sounds of Barry White can softly be heard wafting through the bar's sound system as he leads Canyon to a quiet corner of the bar) So, Canyon, how you doin'? You know, we've known each other for a year now, so when are you coming out to the States, baby?

:D :D :D

The Drifter

Zir has some of the funniest quotes this side of Family Guy. One of my favorites by him is this one that was in the <b>What R U eating?</b> thread:

A cherry popsicle. It's painting my lips a whore's rouge.

Gear

It'd be a shame to let this one go forgotten.

Inbanana said:
pva.jpg

From here.

Finn

Staff member
Let's bump the thread with this little exchange from the "Ugly Mugs" thread.

Rocket Surgeon said:
:confused: ?tfeL ?thgir daed lilts si luaP?tenalp desrever a no ma I kniht I ,ereh daer I sgniht eht fo emoS
Finn said:
."llits" dellepssim uoY
Stoo said:
:confused:?tnew taht erehw rednow I .lrig elttil a morf tsop a osla saw ereht pu-naelc eht erofeB .ecnerefer seltaeB eciN. :D!ah aH
Rocket Surgeon said:
?he...wollef emosdnah a s'nisuoc ruoy oS .niar eht ni sraet ekil tsol...
IndyWolf15 said:
I don't know WHAT THE HECK THERE SAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's freaking me out O.O.
Attila the Professor said:
I'm not sure this counts even as <I>bad</I> English, Finn...
Finn said:
I agree. It's completely flawless English, in fact. At least from my perspective.
Pale Horse said:
?tahw wonk t'nod tsuj I. 'nihtemos rof edoc s'tahT

Pay no attention to the little girl lost in the midst of it all...

Col. Detritch

This post by DocWhiskey in reply to lao che & sons on the Sharkey's End newbie forum was just classic!

Originally Posted by DocWhiskey
Originally Posted by lao che & sons
man, I'm surprised that between your Indiana Jones collecting and your alchoholism that you can still afford to use the computer

Heye! I can ues teh cumpewter jst fine evn a4ter a fwe dirnks dsseknm dknmfg

:hat:

Indy's brother

Came across this one from Rocket today which caused a laughing fit that ended in a violent coughing/hacking spree that about choked me to death.
Rocket Surgeon said:
Hey now, everybody knows that Short Round was the gay sidekick.

He hated Willie

Told Indy he loved him, while flaming him.

Gave the Maharaja THAT smile

and had the elephant hose Willie and Indy down so he wouldn't haveto see his man crush kissing a girl!

At least Mutt Checked out the girl in the Library...

Stoo

Here's a scary one from: General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities:eek:

RedeemedChild said:
One reason my faith in God is so solid is because of the supernatural things I've experienced in my life. In the latter part of last month I nealy killed myself, actually I should have died as I hit my head the way Billey Mays did, however, I kept praying to to God to let me live and about the third and into the fourth day the awful pain in my head left and my vision became clear again. In fact I should have died many times over in my life but thank God I'm still here.

One other thing that keeps my faith alive in the supernatural is the fact that I have seen strange creatures at night, VARY strange beings and yet my family and some of my friends cannot see them. A few of my friends can see these creatures but not all of them and then there are some of which they can see but I can't. The latter puzzles me the most. How is they can see and I cannot?

avidfilmbuff

"It shall clasp a sainted maiden whom the angels name Lenore, clasp a rare......................." Ohhhh when you said The Raven, you were talking about the.......... and not the.................

Just forget I was ever here.

Dr. Gonzo

Stoo said:
Here's a scary one from: General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities:eek:

Originally Posted by RedeemedChild

One reason my faith in God is so solid is because of the supernatural things I've experienced in my life. In the latter part of last month I nealy killed myself, actually I should have died as I hit my head the way Billey Mays did, however, I kept praying to to God to let me live and about the third and into the fourth day the awful pain in my head left and my vision became clear again. In fact I should have died many times over in my life but thank God I'm still here.

One other thing that keeps my faith alive in the supernatural is the fact that I have seen strange creatures at night, VARY strange beings and yet my family and some of my friends cannot see them. A few of my friends can see these creatures but not all of them and then there are some of which they can see but I can't. The latter puzzles me the most. How is they can see and I cannot?
:dead: Jesus. ;)

Indy's brother

Instant classic:

Finn said:
Oh yes, Internet toughness is so often directly relative to holding your own in real life...

While the rawhide bullwhip might be the weapon of choice for many in here, get them off their monitors and they turn out to be about as dangerous as a guy armed with an overcooked noodle

Sharkey

DiscoLad said:
Haha Im waiting for someone to put:
"DiscoLad's *Cough*s"
Haha.
Looks like I'll be waiting...
Looks like you already did...:rolleyes:

Even though:
Finn said:
The layout of the game is pretty simple. ...

you see a post that contains something in it that should be immortalized, you quote it and post it in this thread.

What exactly then?

Something you see worth some extra visibility, as long as it's been posted on the boards and not by you...

Stoo

From the thread: The TOD Skull/Blood Cup re: Club Obi-Wan/IndyGear.com - The Indiana Jones Equipment Resource
DocWhiskey said:
I don't like how many members belittle those who don't have 100% screen accurate gear. And the ones belittling them are usually the size of John Goodman, so I wouldn't talk. Sure, this kid's fedora's may not have the correct brim measurements, but last time I checked Indy wasn't 345 lbs.
:D

Stoo

From August 2009, Re: My complaints about the Indy Continuity Database ("Indycron":sick:) being part of a "Star Wars" website.
Rocket Surgeon to Me said:
...your complaints about a franchise that doesn't generate the money it's older and more popular sibling does, (that's why you have to poke around a SW site!) really make you sound like Jan Brady!

Marsha Marsha Marsha!
Classic.:D