Custom Legos

Deckard

I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

0099-1.jpg

Indiana Jones, Shortround, Willie Scott, Thuggee, Giant Overseer, Mola Ram, Thuggee Sharpshooter
0103.jpg

Satipo, Hovitos, Forrestal, Belloq, Jock
0104.jpg

Marcus Brody, Marion Ravenwood, Indiana Jones, Gestappo Agent, Toht, Nepal Goon
0109.jpg

Sallah, Monkey Man w/ Monkey, Cairo Thugs, Arab Swordsman
0115.jpg

Nazis, Colonel Deitrech, German Pilot, German Mechanic
0116.jpg

Mr. Katanga, Bantu Wind Crewman, Top Man
0111.jpg

Indiana Jones, Henry Jones Sr.
0110.jpg

Colonel Vogel, Walter Dovovan, Elsa Schneider
0112.jpg

Nazis, Grail Knight
0113.jpg

Sofia Hapgood, Mutt, Irena Spalko

Still to Come:

Dr. Jones
Willie Scott (Shanghai)
Lao Che
Kao Khan
Barranca
Nepal Goon 2
Major Eaton
Colonel Musgrove
Fedora
Fedora's Gang
Panama Hat

Last edited:

Deckard

Shemp said:
Pretty neat customs! Must've took a long time to collect all those pieces ;) .

Your not kidding, I didnt have tubs of em laying around like Im sure some of you lucky folks, I had to get em piece by piece, one by one from ebay. Ugh. "Always glad to help" if you need to know what any pieces are.

MaxPhactor23

These are wonderful. I've been trying to get my hands on some old Islanders for Hovito's as well. Nice to see a like minded individual. Your Toht I find especially fantastic. I'm especially after some old Adventures Lego's. By all rights they're essentially Indiana Jones Legos in all but name. I had a few but ultimately I've lost them to time. It seems most the sets are very expensive now. So many old themes offer some awesome customizability to Indy sets.

ILoooooveCamels

Excellent! Makes me reconsider my ambivalence toward Legos. I especially like Willie and Belloq's smirks.

If I may, are the faces/abdomen decals applied by decoupage?

Deckard

Glad you guys like them, thanks alot! Also only 2 of these guys have custom decals, Willie Scott and Colonel Vogel, the rest are real faces and bodies. Willie's body is a simple decal, while Vogel's seems to be painted on.

Crack that whip

I do intend to do this myself for whatever characters they don't officially minifig-ize, though I won't use decals; I'm something of a LEGO purist, and refuse to mod bricks, though I've seen some really cool creations with modded bricks (I do use LEGO's own decals, since they're LEGO elements just like the bricks, but I wish they'd do more of their deco'd pieces with prints rather than decals). I also want to make some really cool LEGO versions of Indy locales, vehicles, etc., using the official sets as a starting point and expanding upon them (both doing my own versions of the vehicles they do and doing stuff they haven't covered at all).

ILoooooveCamels

Thanks for the info, Deckard. I thought for sure most of your figures were customized! They look that good. I guess Lego's come a long way since my Lego-ing days (y)

Kooshmeister

Don't forget Chen when you do Lao Che and Kao Khan. He is Lao's other son after all.

Also, the real "first" German mechanic (the guy with the wrench; Pat Roach's character appears onscreen second despite being credited as 1st), Gobler and "Belzig" (other officer in the troop car, as I call him) are some I'd like to see customs of. Also a Tough Sergeant would be an easy custom from the existing soldier figures; just take his hat off and give him blonde hair. :cool:

Gobler and Belzig could be just duplicates of your Dietrich with different faces, and all you'd need for the other mechanic would be the tan hat and pants and a green shirt. Chen seems like he'd be the most difficult, especially with that scarf of his....

Beyond that, though, your list of upcomings looks great, as do the existing figures. I'm particularly impressed with the Mechanic. He looks ready to beat the tar out of Indy! Donovan, Elsa and Vogel look positively stunning as well.

EDIT: And, it has to be said, but poor, poor Forrestal. But at least you did him some justice by immortalizing him as a figure. After all, he was good. He was very good.

Last edited:

Deckard

Thanks, I had to do Forrestal, I pretty much decided to get that Raiders diorama statue tahts coming out because he's on it.

I had alot of fun doing these, and I don't know how I forgot to mention him but I am working on Gobler, he's basically like deitrech w/ at-st goggles.

Also is Chen the one who gets the flaming skewer in his chest? Maybe I could imporvise something, I am also working on a custom "Opening the Ark" Diorama w/ everthing from a Toht that actually got a lighter to the face, to german soldiers w/ lightning blowing out of there eyes etc... it will be great when Im finished.

Kooshmeister

Yeah, Chen is the guy who gets shish-kebabbed by Indy. He's also the one who rather discretely shoots Wu Han, Indy's friend disguised as a waiter.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to mention before, but I love your Sallah. He looks so mean. Like he's sick and tired of people asking him to say "Asps. Very dangerous" and is gonna whallop them with his torch there.

Deckard

Thanks, next will be Lao Che and his boys and Fedora and his gang.

These guys take up most of my desk now.

0185-1.jpg

Insomniac

(y) Nice collection.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the temple set only came with one Ugha warrior where did you acquire the rest???

Crack that whip

Temple of the Crystal Skull comes with two Ugha warriors, actually (plus three crystal-skulled Akator skeletons, one conquistador skeleton, and one Russian soldier, in addition to Indy, Mutt and Spalko).

Additionally, the exclusive set from this year's San Diego Comic Con also has two Ugha warriors, though as it's quite rare (only 500 copies), it's actually cheaper and easier to get multiple copies of Temple of the Crystal Skull, even though it's the largest and most expensive (list price) set in the line so far.

___________________________​

Incidentally, since this thread is about one's own LEGO creations rather than just the official sets, perhaps it should go in Indy Fanwork and Activities rather than Collecting Indy - just a thought...