Vintage Young Indy merchandise

ROB98374

AnnieJones said:
I found these on the internet a while ago and I was going to buy them,but I never got around to it.
Has anyone else seen these before? Were they popular at one time?

I have the poster, the knife, and the deluxe gift set.
DSCF3260.jpg

DSCF3256.jpg

indyclone25

Stoo said:
Nice bunch of goodies there, Indyclone! You even have the rare comics and I've never heard of the compass before. Looks like you have pretty much everything except the pocket knife but this book is the thing I want the most:
i got the young indy pocket knife for christmas in the box , awesome collectible!:D

InexorableTash

In a random interwebz search I ran across this poster:

poster_indy_tv_f.JPG

poster_indy_tv_b.JPG

Source

I hadn't seen this poster before. Anyone have one? Are those SPF's hands? Has this been discussed previously on The Raven?

Stoo

Inexorable Tash said:
I hadn't seen this poster before. Anyone have one? Are those SPF's hands? Has this been discussed previously on The Raven?
Yes, someone here does indeed have one. I'm pretty danged sure it was the "New Acquistions" thread where it was previously mentioned but I don't remember by whom.:( (Wish I could find the post again but that is one MONSTER of a thread.:eek:) Freaking great poster! Though I could be wrong, it's very doubtful that is Flanery.
indyclone25 said:
i got the young indy pocket knife for christmas in the box , awesome collectible!:D
Belated congratulations, Mark! Your Young Indy merch collection is ALMOST complete! I'm jealous.;) Did yours come with the belt buckle(?) and poster as seen below?

A cool poster came with the Adventure Knife Gift Set (Images courtesy of ROB98374 from the "New Acquistions" thread, post #5040, 26 Oct. 2009):
ROB98374 said:
I just got the Young Indy Knife gift set complete in box with the poster.
DSCF3044.jpg
DSCF3045.jpg

ROB98374

Stoo said:
Yes, someone here does indeed have one. I'm pretty danged sure it was the "New Acquistions" thread where it was previously mentioned but I don't remember by whom.:( (Wish I could find the post again but that is one MONSTER of a thread.:eek:) Freaking great poster! Though I could be wrong, it's very doubtful that is Flanery.
Belated congratulations, Mark! Your Young Indy merch collection is ALMOST complete! I'm jealous.;) Did yours come with the belt buckle(?) and poster as seen below?

A cool poster came with the Adventure Knife Gift Set (Images courtesy of ROB98374 from the "New Acquistions" thread, post #5040, 26 Oct. 2009):
Scroll up a few posts, I have some pictures of a Young Indy watch I had never seen before, plus I also have the store display for the Indy pocketknife.

Stoo

@ROB98374: Yes, I saw your photo of the watch here & in the "New Acquistions" thread. The packaging (and the watch itself) looks really cheap. I'm assuming the pyramid flips up to reveal an LCD display? That said, the text on the backing card is an interesting read. The article date says May 12, 1908 so the Times newspaper must be dated May 16th, yes? It's obscured by the plastic.

D'oh, I just noticed that you already posted an image of the knife poster in this thread.:eek: (Since it's blurry, it probably doesn't hurt that I re-posted your other photo from the 'New Acquistions' thread.);)

Stoo said:

The auction may have included the poster but it was intended for retail stores to put up to advertise that they were carrying the United YIJ knife. No poster came with the knife when purchased back in 1992.

Stoo

@throwmetheidol: Les, thanks for the clarification about the poster. You are the Master of Indy Merchandise.:hat: Not being an owner of the knife, I was just going by what I've read here at The Raven. That said, I never, EVER saw this knife for sale in any store so was it just a U.S.-only item?:confused:

"United YIJ Knife"? United being the manufacturer?:confused:

DaFedora

Apart from the YIJC short novels in Dutch (tiger books), back in the early 90ies I lacked the funds to buy the original VHS tapes... BUT my mom got me like the best 8th birthday present ever:

...a full-size YIJC poster with him, his dad Prof. Henry Jones Sr., and Richard Medlicot (British East Africa, September 1909 episode), with cutout photo's collage at the bottom (Indy and Mrs. Seymour visiting an Egyptian tomb, Indy posing in front of an unrobed redskin mummy and Indy studying at night behind a lamp-lit field table).

Don't know if anyone else is proudly owning that... I sure am.

Couldn't find an image to upload... but basically this is the backdrop:

http://indianajones.wikia.com/index.php?title=Richard_Medlicot&image=Medlicot_train-jpg