Rare Indy Photos

Daley

I've been absent for far too long, here are a few pictures I found, mostly on Tumblr.

7352663838_d718f848c6_d.jpg

7352664022_cf97355ba9_d.jpg

7352665026_431d27c6eb_b_d.jpg

7352666976_7541031890_b_d.jpg

7352665380_b8eed18d2c_z_d.jpg

7352662560_27c44cdbe6_b_d.jpg

7167458425_1492b6bd62_b_d.jpg

foreverwingnut

:D Great thread! I have a few Indy articles that I've saved over the years. The photos may be familiar, but I wanted to share them any way.
img029.jpg

I always liked this photo from the TOD set because it shows the clear attraction that Kate had for Steven.
img027.jpg

This photo of Harrison and Ke appears elsewhere in this same thread, but I added this one as a curiosity to show how TV Guide blundered it by reversing the image. Indy's right sleeve should be missing.
[IM
img026.jpg
G]http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh511/foreverwingnut/img025.jpg[/IMG]
This is an atricle that appeared in US magazine in 1981. I got it out of my gramma's bathroom literature collection of all places!

Last edited:

foreverwingnut

There were several articles posted on this thread already, so I didn't realize I would raise an issue by sharing a very short article with press stills on a thread titled, "Rare Indy Photos". The search icon here is only helpful when the keyword matches an exact title, so it is possible for us newbies to miss something that got buried in the miles-and-miles of threads. Senior members often forget that they, too, were once new members and are quick to point out "old news" to newbies who have a legitimate question or idea. I know you meant no offense whatsoever, JuniorJones, it just seems that senior members have been here so long that they've forgotten what it's like to be here for the first time, full of wonder and excitement, ready to learn and share. I think it would be a better gesture if senior members wrote private messages to direct newbies to older threads, rather than humiliate them by posting a public response. Old news aside, there might be less bickering in these threads if more private messaging was utilized. It's just a thought.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
foreverwingnut said:
There were several articles posted on this thread already, so I didn't realize I would raise an issue by sharing a very short article with press stills on a thread titled, "Rare Indy Photos". The search icon here is only helpful when the keyword matches an exact title, so it is possible for us newbies to miss something that got buried in the miles-and-miles of threads. Senior members often forget that they, too, were once new members and are quick to point out "old news" to newbies who have a legitimate question or idea. I know you meant no offense whatsoever, JuniorJones, it just seems that senior members have been here so long that they've forgotten what it's like to be here for the first time, full of wonder and excitement, ready to learn and share. I think it would be a better gesture if senior members wrote private messages to direct newbies to older threads, rather than humiliate them by posting a public response. Old news aside, there might be less bickering in these threads if more private messaging was utilized. It's just a thought.

I really don't know how to respond to that except to say that I am sincerely sorry that you are so sensitive not recognise when the "old-boy's" are trying to help out.:(

Oh! and this a picture of me every time I think or do anything Indiana Jones...:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

2240865924_8765d3bdb5.jpg

foreverwingnut

It's all good, JuniorJones. As I said, I knew you meant no offense- none of the senior members ever mean intentional disrespect. I just wanted you "old guys" to remember what it was like when you, too, were Raven green-horns. I loved the photo and that is the look on my face,too, when I think about Indy! :D

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Sometimes it's best to tip a Fedora and accept a bit of advice...

...and now another rare picture for us to all gorp at...

Kateandsteven.jpg

russds

tumblr_m55okbkRwU1rpdsnyo1_1280.png

Newbie, sorry if this has been posted before. This is actually a still from this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zp59JBOTxI&feature=relmfu at 14:59. i had seen this before, but didn't realize the first time, that this clip is probably from a deleted scene where the kids escape across a bridge, and while indy, willie, and shorty attempt cross, the bridge burns, hence the have to flee the temple through the mines. I thought it was really cool to see.

foreverwingnut

foreverwingnut said:
:D
img029.jpg

I always liked this photo from the TOD set because it shows the clear attraction that Kate had for Steven.
Original photo links were lost, but I was able to upload this image again.

Stoo

russds said:
tumblr_m55okbkRwU1rpdsnyo1_1280.png

Newbie, sorry if this has been posted before. This is actually a still from this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zp59JBOTxI&feature=relmfu at 14:59. i had seen this before, but didn't realize the first time, that this clip is probably from a deleted scene where the kids escape across a bridge, and while indy, willie, and shorty attempt cross, the bridge burns, hence the have to flee the temple through the mines. I thought it was really cool to see.
To my knowledge, this particular clip hasn't been mentioned before so EXCELLENT find, russds!(y) Welcome to The Raven!:hat:

In the Deleted Scenes thread, we discussed this lava bridge scene (with 2 other photos) so it really deserves to be added there.

russds

Stoo said:
To my knowledge, this particular clip hasn't been mentioned before so EXCELLENT find, russds!(y) Welcome to The Raven!:hat:

In the Deleted Scenes thread, we discussed this lava bridge scene (with 2 other photos) so it really deserves to be added there.

Great! I have added it to that thread as well. Also, my reference to time was wrong, it's actually at about the 8:55 mark in the video, sorry about that. It only lasts maybe 2 seconds unfortunately.

Mickiana

In the top picture above, with Harry, Sean and the Nazi motorcyclists, Indy's stunt double and the fella standing in between and behind Harry and Sean look like they could be brothers. Wonder if they are related?

Barnett College said:
Norman Reynolds and Robert Watts sit at the Marion's Raven Nest. It is one of the best pictures of the raven overlooking the bar.
7171533272_befd1a18a7_b.jpg

Bests
Barnett

now that is a cool photo! Thanks for sharing!