New acquisitions at Ravenwood museum

Goonie

bonoferox said:
I'm not against Manga or anime in general, but it just doesnt work for this.

But yeah, I can understand your distaste for it.

I haven't been albe to figure out all the hype and interest in it either. I'll also say that it's not my cup of tea either.

Greatest Adventures of Indiana Jones book!

This book is amazing!! Published only in Europe this hardcover is full of treasures to uncover. Note that I have taken 2 pictures of each spread - a before-and-after. Every page has hidden flaps, slots, envelopes with maps etc that reveal cool info!! Like a pop-up book except you have to find the hidden stuff. Published by Harper Collins in UK (English) and there is also a French version.

book_greatestadv_01.jpg

book_greatestadv_02.jpg

book_greatestadv_03.jpg

book_greatestadv_04.jpg

book_greatestadv_05.jpg

book_greatestadv_06.jpg

book_greatestadv_07.jpg

Stoo

throwmetheidol said:
This book is amazing!! Published only in Europe this hardcover is full of treasures to uncover. Note that I have taken 2 pictures of each spread - a before-and-after. Every page has hidden flaps, slots, envelopes with maps etc that reveal cool info!! Like a pop-up book except you have to find the hidden stuff. Published by Harper Collins in UK (English) and there is also a French version.
I can't believe I owned a Indy item that wasn't yet in the Ravenwood Museum (besides the Swiss scratchcards)! It was only a matter of time, I guess.:D COOL book and here's a thread with more info/pics:

The Greatest Adventures of Indiana Jones

P.S. A few pages back , Les, I noticed a chair in one of your photos and am positive that I have the same one! Must be from the same Canadian manufacturer. It was part of my grandfather's office furniture and I had the desk that went with it. The desk had a secret mechanism on it that would keep one of the drawers locked. Sadly, it didn't survive a number of moves but I still own the chair.:)

Not sure how I missed this book all this time - but I'm glad I have it now. I actually owned the French version (which I can't read) 2 months ago.

The chair belonged to my wife's grandparents when they ran a small business decades ago. It was a natural for their former desk and chair to become my office in the museum :)

Les

tnswman

throwmetheidol said:
Not sure how I missed this book all this time - but I'm glad I have it now. I actually owned the French version (which I can't read) 2 months ago.

The chair belonged to my wife's grandparents when they ran a small business decades ago. It was a natural for their former desk and chair to become my office in the museum :)

Les

You can't read French??? But Your Canadian man!!!

Hey did you get your set of test shot figures? Did you pull the pics of mine from here or do you need the link to my photo bucket page?

throwmetheidol said:
Picked up the 2 new Indiana Jones Young Reader novels - here are the covers so you know what to look for in the store...

book_mysterymtsinai2.jpg

Toht's "Terminator Arm" recycled! Didn't know Rinzler was so"green"!

Nice art work...

Head over to throwmetheidol.com for the official unveiling of our 1,110 sq. foot museum (located in Canada). And yes - anyone may visit (with appointment)... we've had over a 100 visitors in the past 6 months (although why someone would make the trip here at -30c is beyond me)...

Enjoy -- and feel free to visit if you know you are going to me in the area!

Les

In case you're looking for more to exhibit...

Nate D. Sanders, Inc.'s spring auction, ends Friday, May 29th. While he expects the vintage memorabilia to do very well, Sanders says, "the props from present day movies are popular too." For example, the sword used during the Holy Grail scene in "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" could go for more than $25,000.

Sanders' Brentwood-based business charges "zero percent" consignment rates while most auction companies charge 10 to 20 percent rates for consigned items. He is always interested in buying unique items and collections. To learn more about Nate Sanders, Inc. and to see a complete listing of items from the spring auction, go to www.NateDSanders.com.

Goonie

throwmetheidol said:
Head over to throwmetheidol.com for the official unveiling of our 1,110 sq. foot museum (located in Canada). And yes - anyone may visit (with appointment)... we've had over a 100 visitors in the past 6 months (although why someone would make the trip here at -30c is beyond me)...

Enjoy -- and feel free to visit if you know you are going to me in the area!

Les

Right on! Thanks for the invite Les. I'm hoping to find work in Calgary this summer and hopefully settle down there. If it all works out, I'll probably plan a road trip over to your place maybe next year. If I make it out there I also want to check out the Prairie Dog Central Railway. They finally got the #3 steam locomotive up and running again after its boiler rebuild. (y)