(MST3K) Making Fun of Raiders of the Lost Ark

bonoferox

Of the ones I remember -

Independence Day I was not impressed with. It had its moments, but the sync would always falter after a few minutes which made the jokes kind of flat.

Matrix was really fun and there wasn't a slow moment.

Star Wars Episode 3 is my favorite one out of all Rifftrax (Episodes I-2 have some amazingly funny parts, though)

Fantastic Four
I liked, but didn't love. Still, worth seeing once.

Eragon is good if you can stomach watching the film, but they kind of lose interest at times it seems.

I got the RT for Willy Wonka, but don't have the DVD yet :(

Those are the only ones I remember enough.

My recommendation would be the SW prequels above all else, followed by the Matrix.

Crack that whip

I love MST3K - I taped the entire '93 and '95 Turkey Day marathons, I have several of the DVDs (and the two soundtrack CDs!), plus Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie on laserdisc, as well as the movie poster (one-sheet) for MST3K:TM and a chunk of foam from the actual Deep 13 set - but I've yet to try any RiffTrax, and I've been extremely leery of the Raiders of the Lost Ark one. I do not want to ruin this movie for myself.

nezobiwan

Crack that whip said:
I love MST3K - I taped the entire '93 and '95 Turkey Day marathons, I have several of the DVDs (and the two soundtrack CDs!), plus Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie on laserdisc, as well as the movie poster (one-sheet) for MST3K:TM and a chunk of foam from the actual Deep 13 set - but I've yet to try any RiffTrax, and I've been extremely leery of the Raiders of the Lost Ark one. I do not want to ruin this movie for myself.
If you love Raiders and are a fan of many years, there's nothing that's going to "ruin" it for you. And if you are that big a fan of MST3K, then you know their style and you should be confident that they recognize a good movie from all the crappy ones they've watched over the years.

I also recommend "Film Crew" especially the "Hollywood After Dark" episode.
If you have Netflix you can watch that one on the "Watch Instantly" feature. :cool: