Disney buys Marvel for 4 Billion

Meerkat

It's funny how people think Disney is so family friendly but really Disney is the root of all evil there just a money hungry power house that doesnt care what mindless crap they produce as long as they get paid.

Isn't that what every single other really successful company is like these days? *cough*ANIMAL PLANET*cough cough*

Gear

Nurhachi1991 said:
Walt would be spinning in his grave.

I have a family friend whose aunt worked for Walt in the early days. She was one of the artists who worked on darkening the outlines of the characters and wanted to be one of the actual cartoonists. She met Disney in his office when she purposed this, and he laughed and told her that women just didn't do that.

She didn't have a lot of great things to say about he himself, but this was also in a different age.

Raiders90

Why do you guys hate Disney so much?

They've given people so much over the years, so many great movies, set alight the imaginations of millions of children and adults, and it seems everyone just wants to tear them down?

I mean even in recent years, they've created Kingdom Hearts, they've created Lilo & Stitch, Finding Nemo, Pirates of the Carribean, WALL-E, they've even got a great traditional 2D movie coming out this year, along with some really cool movies in the near future.

There's more to Disney, both now and in the past, than High School Musical. And kids like it. We shouldn't be so judgmental, since I'm sure a lot of the things we liked as little kids, older kids thought were stupid at the time.

They're one of the greatest companies out there, imo, and one of my favorite and I think they'll do a good job with Marvel.

Agent Crab

Raiders112390 said:

They've given people so much over the years, so many great movies, set alight the imaginations of millions of children and adults, and it seems everyone just wants to tear them down?

I mean even in recent years, they've created Kingdom Hearts, they've created Lilo & Stitch, Finding Nemo, Pirates of the Carribean, WALL-E, they've even got a great traditional 2D movie coming out this year, along with some really cool movies in the near future.

There's more to Disney, both now and in the past, than High School Musical. And kids like it. We shouldn't be so judgmental, since I'm sure a lot of the things we liked as little kids, older kids thought were stupid at the time.

They're one of the greatest companies out there, imo, and one of my favorite and I think they'll do a good job with Marvel.

Lets not forget the Disney Afternoon that aired in the 90's. Showing cartoons such as Gargoyles, Tale Spin and Rescue Rangers.

I think Raiders112390 is right Disney has created marvelys movies, i for one enjoys the animated Disney Tarzan film, enfact i download Tarzan to my PSP. There is nothing wrong with Disney Raven fans. That's what Disney was made for familys.

Last edited:

RedeemedChild

Raiders112390 said:

Thank you very much Raiders11239. You've just given a priceless message in your post and I'm very appreciative.

BTW you people really have nothing to fear from Disney. I think now that Disney and Marvel are together you can expect to see X-Men become like Twilight. After doing a little research I think with Disney and Marvel together like this it might mean that Wolverine might become more like Edward Cullen. I mean after all in X-Men 1, 2 and 3 look at his interaction with Rogue and the people around him. Plus, the new Alice in Wonderland that Disney and Tim Burton are bringing is simply splendid. So no Disney is of no danger to Marvel, only a benefit. Long live Walt Disney.

Last edited:

Agent Crab

RedeemedChild said:
Thank you very much Raiders11239. You've just given a priceless message in your post and I'm very appreciative.

BTW you people really have nothing to fear from Disney. I think now that Disney and Marvel are together you can expect to see X-Men become like Twilight. After doing a little research I think with Disney and Marvel together like this it might mean that Wolverine might become more like Edward Cullen. I mean after all in X-Men 1, 2 and 3 look at his interaction with Rogue and the people around him. Plus, the new Alice in Wonderland that Disney and Tim Burton are bringing is simply splendid. So no Disney is of no danger to Marvel, only a benefit. Long live Walt Disney.

I doubt Marvel will become like twilight. Did you know that Pulp Fiction or BKill Bill wasn't rated PG-13 or G? Miramax is owned by Disney. I didn't see "Wholesome family fun" in those films.

Disney is just owning Marvel. No changes, no wholesome familyness. No changes in the next Iron Movie. there will still be swearsi n it. However, swears are part of life. Live with 'em or leave.

Nurhachi1991

No They changed the Indy ride!:p

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MRIr6Bz15vM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MRIr6Bz15vM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

DocWhiskey

Nurhachi1991 said:
No They changed the Indy ride!:p

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MRIr6Bz15vM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MRIr6Bz15vM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Haha. Oh, mega64, you slay me.

"You're my son and I love you.

DocWhiskey

Le Saboteur said:
There's an interesting wrinkle in Disney's purchase.

Read all about it here.

Haha. Geez.

Kirby estate to Disney: "Welcome to the comic books business."

Lawsuit. Lawsuit. Lawsuit.