Indiana Jones Adventures (RPG - WEG)

DIrishB

Vance said:
So.. any news on Wrath of Hecate?

I have them all scanned as TIF images, but need to convert them all to JPG or Bitmap images before I can upload them to Photobucket and then post them here from there. I'm doing so right now, so should have them posted in a few hours.

DIrishB

Rob, had one other question for you. Can you take a look at your copy of the Indiana Jones Adventures RPG (the book I created this thread about) and let me know if there are any specific month or year references for the four RPG tales inside? I think it breaks down like this:

"On Ice" - 1926
"The Kweichow Exodus" - 1933
"The Carlisle Incident" - 1935/1936??
"The City of Dreams" - 1935/1936??

Just wanted to double check the years and see if the book mentioned specific months they take place in. I'm finalizing my Indy timeline (with the RPGs added) and wanted to double check those dates before posting it (since the damn book is pretty much impossible to find nowadays). I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Rob Dangerous

On Ice
It actually says "circa 1926".

The Kweichow Exodus
Summer of 1933

The Carlisle Incident

The City of Dreams
The story starts with a letter dated May 23rd, but no year is given.

DIrishB

Rob Dangerous said:
On Ice
It actually says "circa 1926".

The Kweichow Exodus
Summer of 1933

The Carlisle Incident

The City of Dreams
The story starts with a letter dated May 23rd, but no year is given.

Awesome, thanks for the info, Rob. On a related note, I managed to track down a copy of this on Ebay, so another hole in my Indy collection is complete.

However, I had one other question...not sure if you have it or not (but given your history of reliability in relation to all things Indy I figured you might), but I just wondered if the Indy RPG book "Lands of Adventure" had any actual story hooks, or if it was just a reference book for the various worldwide locations. I just realized I was still missing this one and wondered if it had any entries that might warrant additions to the comprehensive Indy timeline I'm working on.

DIrishB

Rob Dangerous said:
No, it includes "Adventure Hooks", but even that is not relevant for a timeline.

So basically its just suggestions for placing RPG adventures at random locations and years, right? But without the nicely detailed story that most of the RPGs had, I assume.

DIrishB

Rob Dangerous said:
Yes, that about sums it up.

Ok, thanks. I'm still gonna try and track it down for completness' sake in terms of my collection, especially now that I managed to snag the Artifacts and and Adventures WEG books. Lands of Adventure is the only other one I need.

Vance

Not a problem. I was going to do Wrath Of Hecate as well (and thus make my set complete), but it's more of a boardgame than I thought, and very reliant on all the images. Not sure that a PDF would make sense out of all the scans there.

DIrishB

Vance said:
Not a problem. I was going to do Wrath Of Hecate as well (and thus make my set complete), but it's more of a boardgame than I thought, and very reliant on all the images. Not sure that a PDF would make sense out of all the scans there.

You're probably right. I know I posted links already, but if you need scans for whatever reason, let me know.

Last edited:

DIrishB

Stoo said:
Just found an excellent website with bucketloads of info on the RPGs: http://www.ijc.at/Games/RPG/RPG.htm

Yeah, I've been to that site many times. It played a helpful hand last year when I was trying to fill in a few holes in my Indy RPG collection. I hope some Indy fan will create a similar page compiling all the Indy RPG products, in addition to cataloging the few Indy RPG adventures (official or not) from various RPG magazines (Shadis, etc), like the ones mentioned earlier in this thread.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Excellent research, creating entries for the main site. If there are any other original game stories out there, let us know!

rpgmag1_tn.jpg
rpgmag2_tn.jpg
rpgmag3_tn.jpg
rpgmag4_tn.jpg

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
rpgmag4.jpg

Just thought I'd add this is the fattest Indy drawing I've seen. The run probably did him good.