Set the scene, choose your sidekick...

Robyn

Give a location, situation to be in, and then everyone picks which sidekick would be the best to have with them in a given scene.

Ok I'll start... You're trapped on a deserted island, you don't know how long you'll be stuck there. You have a treasure map, but no food, no shelter and very little supplies with you. Remember you could be trapped on the island for some time so you'll need a companion, but you'll also need help finding the treasure and surviving...

Which sidekick do you choose? And why?

Henry Sir.
Oxley
Sallah
Mac
Marcus
Mutt
Shorty
Elsa
Willie
Marion

sidekicks.jpg

Last edited:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Hmmm...

I would pick Sallah.

He can dig and help with finding treasure, I'm sure and he would have pretty capable survival skills. Also a good companion.

The others not so much.

Henry Snr, would also be pretty capable, however he would probably wouldn't be much of a companion, as he could be pretty darn critical.

Oxley; in truth, we really don't know a lot about his capabilities. We do get a sense that he's good at riddles and translations and could possibly be a bit of a survivor and explorer type, since he did go looking for the Crystal Skull, so he might actually be ok as well, however, the talking in riddles thing, does get a bit tiring.

Mac would be greedy enough to find the treasure and find it quickly, but as soon as you get rescued, he would be switching sides or trying to steal the treasure for himself.

Marcus gets lost in his own museum, so not him.

Mutt's useless unless you found some machinery.

Shorty's just a kid. Good if you needed someone with some kung fu skills.

Elsa. Hell no. Good at finding treasure & if you were a guy, a good companion before she turns you over to Nazis.

Willie. HELL NO!

Marion. tough, would have some survival skills, would be a decent companion, however wouldn't be the biggest help in finding treasure.

Meerkat

Definitely not Mac...He'd just kill me and take the gold.

Marion seems to be the most use out of all of these people, although she'd probably murder me for my beliefs...

DocWhiskey

I would pick Short Round because he's my favorite Indy character. But I doubt he'd help much. Even if I resort to cannibalism and eat him, I'd just be hungry again in an hour.

So I'll go with Marion. Trapped on a desert island with a woman like that? Forget the treasure, I'll somehow construct some scented candles and various body oils and we'll do our own "treasure hunting" if ya know what I mean* :whip:

*I mean sex.

Robyn

DocWhiskey said:
I would pick Short Round because he's my favorite Indy character. But I doubt he'd help much. Even if I resort to cannibalism and eat him, I'd just be hungry again in an hour.

So I'll go with Marion. Trapped on a desert island with a woman like that? Forget the treasure, I'll somehow construct some scented candles and various body oils and we'll do our own "treasure hunting" if ya know what I mean* :whip:

*I mean sex.

LOL!!!!

Anybody else want to set a new scene?:whip:

Indy Scout 117

Robyn said:
LOL!!!!

Anybody else want to set a new scene?:whip:
hmm....if you were all tied up to a crane slowly lowering you into a pit of acid or lava or something like that, and there are several guards around with guns, who would you wanna have save you??

i'd say Sallah would be a good choice because he'd make sure i was safe first and then we kick ass. (y) :whip: but i'd like to have Marion waiting for me when it's all done ;)

BTW Doc, you are one seriously funny dude. lol love your sense of humor! (y)

Meerkat

I'd pick either Shorty (because no one would shoot a kid) or Marion (because she's the only person I trust to wield a gun.)

Joosse

I would pick Henry Senior.

He would stand there and give the guards a lecture about the use of cranes during medieaval times, therefore distrcating them and they crane operator would stop lowering me.

Then I would untie myself, swing up and knock out the guards. I mean if you want to be like Indy, might as well be ambitious... ;)

Henry Senior would then stare at me in disbelief, complaining he hadn't finished his lecture...

Indysolo12

Robyn said:
Give a location, situation to be in, and then everyone picks which sidekick would be the best to have with them in a given scene.

Ok I'll start... You're trapped on a deserted island, you don't know how long you'll be stuck there. You have a treasure map, but no food, no shelter and very little supplies with you. Remember you could be trapped on the island for some time so you'll need a companion, but you'll also need help finding the treasure and surviving...

Which sidekick do you choose? And why?

Henry Sir.
Oxley
Sallah
Mac
Marcus
Mutt
Shorty
Elsa
Willie
Marion

sidekicks.jpg

Marion,Shes Hot!!! ,Patient and caring

Indy Scout 117

Joosse said:
I would pick Henry Senior.

He would stand there and give the guards a lecture about the use of cranes during medieaval times, therefore distrcating them and they crane operator would stop lowering me.

Then I would untie myself, swing up and knock out the guards. I mean if you want to be like Indy, might as well be ambitious... ;)

Henry Senior would then stare at me in disbelief, complaining he hadn't finished his lecture...
hahahahahaha!!! i can totally imagine that happening!!! lol (y)