Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

fixer79

xfkirsten said:
As long as it gets a Wii release, I'll be happy. That's the only remotely current system I still have. ;) (PC aside, my next newest console is a Sega Genesis ;))

Whoa... a Sega Genesis... That's -like- fifteen years ago ;)

Still hopin' they release a Wii version too... But I'm beginning to doubt it...
I fear I'm gonna have to buy a friggin' X-Box 360...
:mad:

Montana_Jones

fixer79 said:

Good thing I already own an XBOX 360.(y)

xfkirsten

fixer79 said:

Hey, the other two systems we have are an NES and an Atari 2600. ;) (We've had virtually every other console in between, but my brother tends to buy them, play them, and then sell them off when he needs the cash :p)

As much as I'd love a 360 (even if only to play StepMania on it ;)), all my money is getting channeled to a trip to Tokyo Disneyland next year, so it's out of the question...

Vlad Dracula

xfkirsten said:
Has there been any hint at all about what platforms it'll run on? Or is all we have to go by that small teaser?

Xbox 360 and PS3 only from last I've heard. The Wii does get Lego Indy though.

Shortie

xfkirsten said:
Hey, the other two systems we have are an NES and an Atari 2600. ;) (We've had virtually every other console in between, but my brother tends to buy them, play them, and then sell them off when he needs the cash :p)

As much as I'd love a 360 (even if only to play StepMania on it ;)), all my money is getting channeled to a trip to Tokyo Disneyland next year, so it's out of the question...
Why Tokyo Disney?

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Shortie said:
Why Tokyo Disney?
Probably for this.
Until the game surfaces we'll have to hunt other Staffs of Kings... in Dofus
wep56.gif
or Diablo 2
cain.gif

tnswman

Vlad Dracula said:
Xbox 360 and PS3 only from last I've heard. The Wii does get Lego Indy though.

I have a Wii now too....I really do not see how they can NOT release it.. I mean they had to Add the Wii to the new SW Game because of the demad.. The Wii is outselling All other systems now so, they need to use their heads.

Vlad Dracula

tnswman said:
I have a Wii now too....I really do not see how they can NOT release it.. I mean they had to Add the Wii to the new SW Game because of the demad.. The Wii is outselling All other systems now so, they need to use their heads.

The Wii just doesn't have the graphics power to handle the PS3/XBOX 360 version.

The difference in power is so great down porting it is impossible. Maybe they have a separate unannounced Wii and PS2 Indy game coming? Like the upcoming Ghostbusters game where the PS3 and the XBOX360 get the "next-gen" version and the Wii and PS2 get a different stylized cartoony version. Who Knows?

But not a chance the Wii is getting the previously announced PS3/XBOX 360 "Next-Gen" one. Only Lego Indiana Jones is confirmed so far for the Wii.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Vlad Dracula said:
Yes, it is. The official site is woefully out of date unfortunately. So far it has been announced for the Wii, PS3 and XBOX 360 and I believe the Nintendo DS as well.

The trailer for Lego Indiana Jones is also included in the Wii, XBOX360 and PS3 versions of Lego SW the complete saga.

Seems to me that if you're contradicting the official site, you ought to offer evidence. Just sayin'.

Vlad Dracula

Attila the Professor said:
Seems to me that if you're contradicting the official site, you ought to offer evidence. Just sayin'.

I did offer evidence.

Lucas arts wouldn't have included the trailer for the game in the XBOX360, Wii and PS3 versions of Lego SW if the game wasn't coming out on those systems. Obviously, Nintendo isn't going to allow Lucas-arts to advertise a game on their system that will only come out on a competitor's console.

Besides, the various high profile video game sites (IGN, 1up, gamespot, gametrailers, etc.) all have listings and previews of the Lego Indy for months now.

Gillman

one thing I'd like to note--

I got the LEGO Star Wars Saga for the Wii. Hey, I want to be able to swing a lightsaber and play as Indy....

The game looks like absolute crap. I have massive screen tearing issues with it, and the resolution just isn't that great. I think the LEGO games look better on a PS2 than on a Wii.

My new thinking on the Wii is to only buy games specifically made for the Wii. Games that are developed with other platforms in mind just don't seem to translate very well.

I'd very much like to swing a Wii remote to crack Indy's whip, but if it's in a game that was developed for a 360, it probably wouldn't be as cool as I'd hope.

Vlad Dracula

I picked up a couple of the Lego Indiana Jones sets today at TRU and the back of the instruction sheets have an ad for the Lego Indiana Jones video game. The systems listed for the game are XBOX 360, Wii, PS3, PS2, PSP, PC and Nintendo DS.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Lego Indy on PS2! SWEET! I'm happy. (y)

One little annoyance though. I haven't seen ANY lego Indy toys in Australia!!!!!!!!!! THAT SUCKS! (n)

VP

Moderator Emeritus
They are supposed to come out in January you know. US TRU got a couple in advance but all the others are going to be released according to the schedule. No Indy Legos in Finland either.

xfkirsten

Shortie said:
Why Tokyo Disney?

Gah! Missed this post earlier, sorry!

It's just become a small obsession of mine. They go all-out there on detail, theming, overall experience, scale, everything. It's sort of like Mecca for Disney theme park fans. ;) (and having an Indy ride doesn't hurt, though I've been on DL's version a million times over ;))

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
UR_5T.jpg

Hmm... could this temporarily locked content be concept art for the game?
His resume says he worked on Staff of Kings.

I also wonder if they spent the year-long delay putting some KoCS in SoK.

Last edited: