new Indy comics? who has the license???

yodazone

has anybody heard anything about any new Indiana Jones comics?

there hasn't been an Indy comic since Dark Horse stopped in 1996....

not even any trade collections....they don't seem to care about doing anything with the Indy comics even though they're making tons of dough with the Star Wars line.

i don't know why Dark Horse hasnt bothered taking advantage of the license.

The only other good company would be Dynamite Comics that would handle the Indy license the way it should be treated. With tons of mini-series and the best writers and Artists in the business.

Has anyone heard anything about possible new ongoing books in time for Indy 4 next year????

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Finn

Staff member
Nothing solid, but having a graphic novel made after the film always seems like a hearty possibility. We can always hope that the film would spring some unique merchandise as well...

Welcome to The Raven, by the way.

walker

new Indy comic?

I had a conversation with the sales director for Dark Horse about the lack of Indy comics about a year ago. Really it just comes down to poor sales. The number of folks buying the books was so low that it wasn't financially viable. Too bad, really. Apprently the DH Star Wars stuff does much better. When you think about it, the licensed Star Wars product has always done better than the IJ stuff. That said, I would expect DH to give it another try once the new movie comes out. They seem to be the Lucasfilm favorite when it comes to handling the various movie tie-ins.

Personally, I never thought DH did that good of a job with the Indy comics anyway, so I wouldn't mind if the license went elsewhere. I actually preferred the Marvel comics from the early 80s. Heresy, I know, but they just seemed more fun, faster paced and (at least early on) with better art. Marvel also seemed to capture the flavor of the films a little better. I always found the DH stuff to be rather dull.

In any case, I'm still in contact with my Dark Horse contact, so I'll shoot him a quick email and ask if he's heard anything about producing new comics in conjunction with the '08 film. If he knows anything, I'll post it here.

walker

yodazone

that's awesome. Thanks Walker...if you get any info and post here, that would rule!

yea, the Indy comics from Dark Horse were a little dull but the painted covers were amazing. all those covers by Dave Dorman and Hugh Flemming are the best parts of those comics.

Yea, Star Wars is the biggest seller for the Dark Horse line and it's weird how they don't support Indy especially with the movie only 11 months away.

One thing Dark Horse should do is get the hot industry artists like J. Scott Cambell or Jim Lee to do a mini series. That's something Dynamite Comics is capable of getting more than Dark Horse. Dark Horse had some really lame artists for the interiors of the old licensed Indy books.

If Dark Horse doesn't want to produce Indy comics, Dynamite would snap it up quick!

JimmyPSHayes

I asked my Dark Horse rep last week and he hasn't gotten back to me. I'm trying to take his silence as good news. The San Diego Comicon is next month, where all the huge announcements are made, so I'm hoping we'll get an Indy announcement then. :D