Indy 4 on DVD

EddyW

I wouldn't mind a different cut that acknowledges most of the common complaints of the fans, like take out most of the lame jokes, monkeys, on screen aliens, etc. and allow for some more character moments. Maybe they would have to shoot some extra stuff for this, but I think it would be more then worth it. I also realize it would be highly impractical to do and it will never happen, but still...

StoneTriple

Original Film
Original Trailers
Full Soundtrack

Those are the only things I ever watch on DVDs anyway.

I never watch "the making of", "behind the scenes", or "director\actor commentary" extras. That stuff ruins the magic for me.

The Man

A featurette in which Darabont and Koepp don Roman armour and fight to the death in gladiatorial combat. My money's on Frank with a swift amputation of Dave's silly fingers, slowly bleeding him out.

graz

EddyW said:
I wouldn't mind a different cut that acknowledges most of the common complaints of the fans, like take out most of the lame jokes, monkeys, on screen aliens, etc. and allow for some more character moments. Maybe they would have to shoot some extra stuff for this, but I think it would be more then worth it. I also realize it would be highly impractical to do and it will never happen, but still...

Maybe an editing studio feature would be good, along with deleted scenes that you can re-insert. Wouldn't it be great if they did that on every major DVD release?

sunshinestate1992

The Man said:
A featurette in which Darabont and Koepp don Roman armour and fight to the death in gladiatorial combat. My money's on Frank with a swift amputation of Dave's silly fingers, slowly bleeding him out.
HAY you posted a similar post a few minutes ago D: haha im just kidding wiht you, i thought you said frank marshall a clean decapitation.!!!:D :D :) :whip: :p :)

The Man

salussolia said:
HAY you posted a similar post a few minutes ago D: haha im just kidding wiht you, i thought you said frank marshall a clean decapitation.!!!:D :D :) :whip: :p :)

I posted it in the wrong thread, had to delete it and repost here...:eek: ;)

Montana_Jones

Can everyone please quit threadcrapping? Give your honest opinions of what should be on the eventual DVD instead of just being idiotic.

I for one would like an isolated score. It's a wish.

Too many n00b fans lately and new users.(n)

Shortie

I want 20-discs & a commentary by Lucas, Ford, LaBeouf & Allen. I want some featurettes on the set, anticipation, all the various scripts & the history of the movie. Also the various trailers, tv spots & promotional stuff. (Dr. Pepper, BK, BK toy line)

Montana_Jones

Shortie said:
I want 20-discs & a commentary by Lucas, Ford, LaBeouf & Allen. I want some featurettes on the set, anticipation, all the various scripts & the history of the movie. Also the various trailers, tv spots & promotional stuff. (Dr. Pepper, BK, BK toy line)
There'd most obviously be 2-Discs for the film.
The rest would probably be fan made DVD's.

Agent Z

James said:
Unfortunately, there seems to be a lot of dvd extras that have fallen into that category. :confused:

What I meant is that newer films rarely get photo/movie poster galleries. Those type of extras are usually found on older, cult films.

Throw in a copy of a 70's Italian horror film, and you will get a poster gallery full of international 1-sheets..along with production stills and promo materials.

Throw in a copy of, say Cloverfield, and you won't get said galleries.

James said:
One extra I really want to see is footage of Harrison practicing the whip on set.

A whole featurette of Harrison using the whip to open car doors, steal a drink from the Crafts service table, sign autographs, etc etc (y)

graz said:
Maybe an editing studio feature would be good, along with deleted scenes that you can re-insert. Wouldn't it be great if they did that on every major DVD release?

Deletes scenes is one option I skipped, because I just don't fathom it being a possibility with the Beards.

How did Lucas handle the prequel dvds.....were there deleted scenes on those?

:confused:

Zorg

A thorough Making Of documentary about the beginnings of Indy IV/KotCS, something like The Beginning on the Episode I DVD. I'm sure they filmed a lot of pre-production stuff, concept design, set design... the whole thing. And not just 30 minutes, I want a full-length documentary!

Obviously a commentary by Spielberg would be cool, but since he probably won't do it, I'd be happy to get Ford and Lucas. Maybe Koepp and some other cast members too?

How did Lucas handle the prequel dvds.....were there deleted scenes on those?

Yes there were. The deleted scenes are a must here, since they didn't include deleted scenes from the classic films on the Trilogy box.

The Man

Zorg said:
Obviously a commentary by Spielberg would be cool, but since he probably won't do it, I'd be happy to get Ford and Lucas. Maybe Koepp and some other cast members too?

I think Spielberg forbids commentaries from anybody on his films.

The Tingler

StoneTriple said:
Original Film
Original Trailers
Full Soundtrack

Those are the only things I ever watch on DVDs anyway.

I never watch "the making of", "behind the scenes", or "director\actor commentary" extras. That stuff ruins the magic for me.

Not Deleted Scenes? They're the only thing that I watch, besides the film itself of course!

EddyW

Sankara said:
Please don't release the "Skull"-DVD.

Let's see it this way, if they cram the DVD with cool features, at least the 19 year wait would not have been for nothing.

indyclone25

crystal released date? on dvd

heres what the digital bits had to say today about it
Our industry sources have checked in today with word on a number of major upcoming Paramount DVD and Blu-ray Disc releases. Here's some of what you can look forward to (and when to look for them)...

The Love Guru (DVD & Blu-ray) - 9/16
Iron Man (DVD & Blu-ray) - 9/30
Indiana Jones IV (DVD for sure, Blu-ray undecided) - October
Kung Fu Panda (DVD & Blu-ray) - 11/18
Tropic Thunder (DVD & Blu-ray) - December

well blu-ray undecided ? ---- can we hope for blu-ray or do we have to wait for another year to have lucas milk us for some money , when he releases them in a four movie set ---- let's see what you all think.