• Steele and Jones

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Bill Kelso

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other (post about it below)

Votes: 15 20.3%

• Total voters

Major West

I like that it's a bit more substantial than the lamb, but still looks like it can go with the gear. I wouldn't mind having a ToD in this hide as well.

emtiem

Just found this thread; I thought I'd post my ebay purchase. I think it's a Raiders in pre-distressed. Here's some shots of it before and about three days after a Pecards (I thought it was a little too light before so I'm glad it's darkened down a little):

ebay picture hosting

Will the shininess ease in time, you think?

Drones33

Looks great after the Pecards treatment, really nice natural brown. As for the shine, it may diminish in certain areas over time, and increase in others. That's the beauty of a leather jacket I think, each one is unique. That said, I don't think yours looks particularly shiny to begin with. Not quite matte, but certainly not high shine. Somewhere nicely in between. Definitely a keeper.(y)

Major West

Wested are back in full swing after the sad passing of Peter and have annouced they plan to release a Hero Last Crusade jacket in the coming weeks dedicated to him. They've also announced their new leather (that Peter was excited about just before he passed), New Zealand Washed lambskin, that they hope people will be enthusiastic about. Basically this is what the Raiders jacket was made from, or the equivalent in 1980. I've actually just had a jacket made from it and it's great.

Pic: https://imgur.com/a/S0AVP

VKDG77

Hi to all. I am really very new to the Indy jacket scene.

I'm 6'0 210 pounds and very muscular up top.

Ideally I am
Looking for a jacket with a very slim fit and a light weight feel.

I've been looking at westeds TOD custom fit. I like the sleeves to hit my wrist and not really touch the hand so I was going to go with a sleeve length about an inch less than normal.

Also I am
A 42 chest but not really sure the back. I like a waste type fitting jacket so I was think about getting about an inch below my regular belt.

Any opinions here? That's just raw information there. Thanks !

Basically I'm
Looking for the slimmest fitting jacket with slim sleeves that's thin and easy to move in, I was think the TOD custom could be it.

Drones33

You?re right, the ToD is the most tailored fit, but still fits quite loose across the neck and is a little oversized at the back, a bit like a Hero. If you?re broad shouldered/narrow waisted I might suggest the standard fit, off-the-rail Raiders Its a beautifully slim fitting jacket. Particularly at the back. It has a real ?V? shape, with the shoulders tapering down to quite a narrow looking waist. For me, only drawback of an off-the-rail jacket is that I find the sleeves a bit too short, ( I like them to come part way down onto the hand) but if as you say you don?t want the sleeves to touch the hand then this may be the jacket for you.
In terms of fit, it?s also about the most comfortable too I reckon. Very easy to move in. And as far as the leather itself is concerned, I absolutely recommend Wested?s goatskin. It?s light, soft, very supple, but really resilient. Gorgeous skin, and the colour of Westeds current batch is spot on. It?s a rich, chocolate brown.
If you look a bit further back in this thread you?ll see I?ve posted a couple of pics of me wearing my Raiders jackets in goatskin. It?ll give you an idea of the fit. I?m 5?11? and around 170lbs.

Drones33

Wested`s new goatskin colour.

Latest addition; Wested Hero in goatskin. Note the new, slightly lighter shade of brown.
goat_hero_1_by_00177840-dbwvckq.jpg

Specs;Chest 40", back 24", sleeves 24.5"
goat_hero_2_1_by_00177840-dbwvco5.jpg

VKDG77

My Wested raiders goat skin is on the way. Should be here this week. If I like this one as much as I think I will, I'm
Going to end up getting a TOD custom 👍🏼

Glenville86

Major West said:
A Kelso in Cowhide, will be interested to see that.

I had a Kelso in SL but passed it on. Guess I just don't like the leather.

Currently have a Kelso in their house HH and goat. Really nice jackets.

After having quite a few jackets over the years, would have to say the Kelso Indy ones are top notch but not cheap.

Most recent bad experience was a Magnoli White Label Raiders. Followed the measurement guide but it was way too small. To give an idea, I usually wear a 2XL and this jacket sized out as a medium/skinny large. Nice leather.

Major West

Tempted by a magnoli, but had heard of a couple of wrong sizing stories. Still pondering a Kelso jacket, possibly not in the striated lamb, unless a decently thick striated lamb. Saw some pictures of the limited edition striated lamb US wings jacket, that looked really good. Of course you can't get that unless second hand now.

Wested are meant to be putting the Last Crusade Hero jacket up for order, not limited edition, last weekend. According to their facebook page, but it's not gone up yet. The limited edition LC jackets are shipping this week, but I didn't get one.

VKDG77

New Raiders OTR goatskin Wested

So the jacket came in today. I was very scared of how it would turn out and let me tell you. It fits great. Keep in mind I like tight fitting clothing but this is just right. Almost waist high, not too slim but still shows off my upper body figure while looking great. Color is spot on which I was afraid it would be too dark.

I'll post a picture later. I'm going to attempt to shrink the sleeves. For me I like shorter sleeves. These were just a tad too long for my liking , so I'm going to try the shower treatment and shrink the sleeves up. Overall great experience and great jacket :whip: