Administrator
Staff member
Here's his listing on HSX, and his domestic box office estimates for 2013:

Apr 12, 2013 - 42 - $35.73 M
Oct 4, 2013 - Paranoia - $35.74 M
Nov 1, 2013 - Ender's Game - $133.51 M
Dec 20, 2013 - Anchorman 2 - $111.27 M

Rocket Surgeon said:
What are you blathering about?! He could do any project he wanted. I dare say ANYONE would accomodate him in ANY project filming or planning to film.

He's that iconic.

People want him around, they want all the attention he brings to a project.

Hanging on...please!:rolleyes:

Exactly that's the biggest bunch of bull **** i have ever heard, Harrison Ford is still a huge name iconic.

MeetMeAtOmar's

replican't said:
Oh god that's embarrassing. He looks like one of those old blokes who you see who have dark hair and you think "stop dyeing it mate, its not fooling anyone".

That's the point. It's an obvious joke that seems to have gone right over your head. Ford is playing a veteran anchorman, who dyes his hair ridiculously dark for his age out of vanity ala Mike Wallace, who sported jet black hair into his eighties. I'm sure Ford's not admiring himself in the mirror between takes, thinking "Damn I look incredibly youthful!" Debate Ford's acting skills all you want, but to deride him for sporting obviously dyed hair for a role in an absurdist comedy makes you look like a clueless, unhealthily obsessed tool.

Last edited:

Henry W Jones

MeetMeAtOmar's said:
That's the point. It's an obvious joke that seems to have gone right over your head. Ford is playing a veteran anchorman, who dyes his hair ridiculously dark for his age out of vanity ala Mike Wallace, who sported jet black hair into his eighties. I'm sure Ford's not admiring himself in the mirror between takes, thinking "Damn I look incredibly youthful!" Debate Ford's acting skills all you want, but to deride him for sporting obviously dyed hair for a role in an absurdist comedy makes you look like a clueless, unhealthily obsessed tool.

I like you already MeetMeAtOmar's!!!!!(y) You are very perceptive. Welcome to the Raven!!!!:hat:

MeetMeAtOmar's said:

Nice - thanks for the kind language there.

Here's a heads up - I was responding to the post that said he looked like Indy again, not to the 'role' he's playing in Anchorman and how appropriate to that he appears.

This just in: if he looks like Indiana Jones in those pics, I'm a monkey's anus.

No doubt some of you more braincell-challenged members here will now chime in with comments along the lines of "Yes, you're a monkey's anus, douchebag" and other similarly witty intelligent quips. So let me save you the oxygen.

Kernunnos

replican't said:
Nice - thanks for the kind language there.

Here's a heads up - I was responding to the post that said he looked like Indy again, not to the 'role' he's playing in Anchorman and how appropriate to that he appears.

This just in: if he looks like Indiana Jones in those pics, I'm a monkey's anus.

No doubt some of you more braincell-challenged members here will now chime in with comments along the lines of "Yes, you're a monkey's anus, douchebag" and other similarly witty intelligent quips. So let me save you the oxygen.

He looks like Indy to me, in the pic without dyed hair.

In the pic with dyed hair, he looks exactly how the character is supposed to look.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Harrison-Ford-030413-6.jpg

Harrison-Ford-030413-3.jpg

Harrison-Ford-030413-7.jpg

Harrison-Ford-030413-17.jpg

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
replican't said:
Indy cant even open a car door without help these days.
Playing an armchair casting director is one thing, but realize you're doubting the abilities of a man who rescues stranded backpackers in his helicopter and gives airplane rides for charity. What have you done lately?

Moedred said:
Playing an armchair casting director is one thing, but realize you're doubting the abilities of a man who rescues stranded backpackers in his helicopter and gives airplane rides for charity. What have you done lately?

I save the universe before breakfast every day.