Story of trilogy on Record, Cassette, and CD

Goodeknight

any active links?

Anyone have active links for the Raiders, TOD, or LC story files?? None of the ones from pages/years past work anymore.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
You should be able to pick up all these via with LC already on CD. The others you may need grandad's technology!

Henry W Jones

InexorableTash said:
We're missing "The Story of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull"

Obviously, it was never officially made - these things have gone out of fashion. But... should that stop us? Anyone interested in collaborating on making one?

Easiest would be Raiders-style - just an abridged version of the movie's audio tracks and no narration, but I haven't internalized the movie enough to know if it would hang together without any. (The motorcycle chase and jungle chase come to mind as potentially problematic.)

The Story Of... ROTLA,TOD,SW, ECT, are all edited to fit on the record. In order to do the motorcycle chase and jungle chase you would just have to edit it down a bit. If I remember right most of 'The Story Of' have no narration and imagination and memory got you thru it. Like the truck chase in Raiders and TOD mine carts.

HenryJunior

Those are great! Much better than those read along children's versions.

Edit: Woah! These are nearly full-length stories! Looks like I've got some serious listening to do here soon.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
A 50-minute audio version pasted together with Crystal Skull soundtrack music would sound a lot like the Grammy-winning Raiders version. Ideally, I'd also prefer about 10 minutes of narration from John Hurt.

indyclone25

JuniorJones said:
You should be able to pick up all these via with LC already on CD. The others you may need grandad's technology!
i transferred the records to mp3's they sound pretty good , but i bought a new tape player that records cassette tapes to mp3 and i have the storys on cassettes also

russds

What a great thread. The title is miss leading, and i skimmed over it for a couple days, I didn't realize it had deleted original stuff. I'm downloading all three stories now (thanks @Moedred!!). I listened to those audio files of LC with missing, or deleted scenes audio, and wow that was amazing. I guess i'm like Stoo here, because i'm just fanatic about deleted scenes, and anything original to the movies, but i haven't heard or seen before. The scanned booklets are awesome too! I believe there's a shot of the Obi Wan club, with indy and willie falling down, with some onlookers, which i dont' recall being in the film. Great stuff, great thread, what a treasure, thanks guys!
-Russ

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
goodeknight said:
Thanks again, Moedred. :hat:
No problem, trough the trilogy was transferred by indyclone25, I just reposted it.

Stringing together the Infernal Machine dialogue was my little project. Don't know if anyone has done the same for Fate of Atlantis. If you want a couple more short downloads of remixed Lucasarts audio that's NSFW, click here.

Goodeknight

Moedred said:
No problem, trough the trilogy was transferred by indyclone25, I just reposted it.

Thanks also to Indyclone25 then, too!

Hey -- does anyone have a good copy of the Lucasfilm home theater demo disc that Best Buy used to play? I believe it was titled "Wow!" (late 80s early 90s) and it's basically a compilation of clips from Star Wars, Indy, and other Lucas movies. GREAT fun to watch in the old home theater rooms at Best Buy. Haven't ever seen one for sale anywhere, but here it is on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgz73iosPVE Since it is meant to show off high end home theater systems, it included all the best visuals, chases, sound fx sequences, etc.

indyclone25

goodeknight said:
Thanks also to Indyclone25 then, too!

Hey -- does anyone have a good copy of the Lucasfilm home theater demo disc that Best Buy used to play? I believe it was titled "Wow!" (late 80s early 90s) and it's basically a compilation of clips from Star Wars, Indy, and other Lucas movies. GREAT fun to watch in the old home theater rooms at Best Buy. Haven't ever seen one for sale anywhere, but here it is on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgz73iosPVE Since it is meant to show off high end home theater systems, it included all the best visuals, chases, sound fx sequences, etc.
i don't have the lasedisc of it but i had a friend transfer it to vhs , i may have to try and transfer it to dvd .

InexorableTash

Moedred said:
Stringing together the Infernal Machine dialogue was my little project.

Nice job! I fell asleep listening to it last night (intentionally, and testament to how tired I was, not the story, voice acting, or editing job).

Would be nice to layer it over the soundtrack, and maybe provide a beat or two between dialog snippets. In my infinite free time...

Henry W Jones

InexorableTash said:
We're missing "The Story of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull"

Obviously, it was never officially made - these things have gone out of fashion. But... should that stop us? Anyone interested in collaborating on making one?

Easiest would be Raiders-style - just an abridged version of the movie's audio tracks and no narration, but I haven't internalized the movie enough to know if it would hang together without any. (The motorcycle chase and jungle chase come to mind as potentially problematic.)

Already have MP3 for KOTCS. Should it be edited down? I have started to edit already.

InexorableTash

Henry W Jones said:
Already have MP3 for KOTCS. Should it be edited down? I have started to edit already.

Yes! I'd aim for under an hour. Also, breaking it up into tracks of about 10 minutes each will make it easier to review and force you to think about "chapters".

Henry W Jones

InexorableTash said:
Yes! I'd aim for under an hour. Also, breaking it up into tracks of about 10 minutes each will make it easier to review and force you to think about "chapters".

I have made it to the campsite scene and have shaved off 20 min already. Edits are a little complicated due to music track, if I cut to much it will sound choppy. I think after I cut down the jungle chase it should shorten the file considerably. Also, why does it need chapters?