Handbook: The Complete Adventurers Guide

Darth Vile

Adamwankenobi - You are correct in what you say.

IndyFan89 - Your chosen faith is your prerogative and it is not up to me or anyone else on these boards to disparage that... but speaking as an academic, I stand by what I stated in that there is no scientific proof that can support an idividual to argue the validity of one and not the other.

TennesseeKorben

I finally got my copy in from Amazon. I must say, it's a pretty sweet book. I love it. It's kinda goofy yet so cool at the same time! I can't wait to get all the books!

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
Picture found at: www.nibenay.com

1208250737.jpg

Perhilion

cool, some of that actually sounds useful. Granted, you aren't likely to run into any sword-wielding maniacs, and knowing where to punch someone won't be as useful in the age of firepower, but still...

Perhilion

Spoilers in the Indiana Jones Handbook

While they aren't very obvious, the handbook does contain spoilers from the new movie. First of all, it has a small section on extraterrestrials. It pretty much confirms they're in the movie, saying "But if you are ever confronted with beings from other dimensions, it may be smart to do as Indy did and get the heck out of there". This sounds like the aliens aren't very friendly, which is a good thing in my book. Second: the dreaded nuclear blast. It has an entire section on surviving a nuclear blast. But don't worry! It's not that bad actually. First it advises you to find some transport and get far away, saying that you wouldn't be able to survive the actual blast. Then it advises you to find something to hide in, like a refrigerator, to survive the fallout. So probably in the movie Indy and the gang get as far away from the blast as possible, then quickly hide in a fridge. This sounds ok, much better than hiding from the actual blast in a fridge. It also tells you to get scrubbed down afterwards, so in the movie any radiation problems are probably taken care of. All this sounds good to me!

|ZiR|

Perhilion said:
It has an entire section on surviving a nuclear blast.

Well that explains the mystery of the refrigerator.

This sounds like the aliens aren't very friendly, which is a good thing in my book.

I'm glad for that too. I don't friendly E.T./Close Encounters of the Third Kind type aliens. Was worried that Spielburg was going to go that route.

Thanks for posting this! (y)

Perhilion said:
It pretty much confirms they're in the movie, saying "But if you are ever confronted with beings from other dimensions

That seems to suggest not aliens, but inter-dimensional beings... Sorta the Infernal Machine route?

Either way, I dislike the concept.

Dr.Sartorius

The handbook mentions a cast-iron tub or a walk-in meat locker (in addition to refrigerators) are also good methods of avoiding radiation. It also mentions its a good idea to go deep underground.

Deckard

Ya, I dunno, has anyone ever tryed hiding in a fridge? I mean I saw it on that South Park episode... I say put the mythbusters in a tub in the middle of a nuclear blast and lets see what happens.

rowerguy7

ResidentAlien said:
That seems to suggest not aliens, but inter-dimensional beings... Sorta the Infernal Machine route?

Either way, I dislike the concept.

Why does residentalien always ruin everything?

Perhilion

Because.
Anyway, some more info. There's a secion about rocket sleds, apparently Indy uses one to escape the Russians. There's also a section about insects, including 4 inch ants and giant mosquitos. Ick

rowerguy7 said:
Why does residentalien always ruin everything?

Why do people take ResidentAlien's speculation as personal offense?

Oy, idiots.

Anyways, could you scan the "alien" page? I'd be interested in seeing what it specifically says...

Deckard

Out of everything from Mutt as Indy's Son to Aliens, what actually bothers me most now is that rocket sled.

Now if Dovchenko was standing on it like a smart ass and Indy fired it sending him into a big steel door at 900 mph that'd be differant. But Indy going for a ride? im nervous to say the least. How will he hold onto his hat??

Perhilion

Look at it the glass half full. An intense fight between Indy and Dovechenko on a rocket sled hurtling at 900 mph across the desert.(y)