What was your experience seeing KOTCS in the theater like?

Morning Bell

All five screenings I went to were fun. Most of the audiences seemed to really seemed to enjoy the film and there was applause after a couple of the showings. It's one of the few moviegoing experiences where I can say that it was more fun with a full theater.

AlivePoet

I actually saw the film for the first time dubbed in Quebecois with a bunch of friends. It was fun, and funnily enough to this day I still enjoy listening to the dubbed version more. What the first viewing does to a person... :)

The theatre was filled with a mix of ages old and young, which was great. There was a middle-aged guy behind me who was dressed in Indy garb. He swore when Shia said "Mary, Mary Williams, you remember her?" I'm guessing that's when he ruled out any possibility of Marion not being Mutt's mother.

The scene that generated the most laughter was definitely the diner scene. Which, in my opinion, is also the best scene in the film (including the chase).

Indy's Fist

bennihana123 said:
Midnight Showing :whip:

The Theater was packed, and when the old Paramount logo went on the screen everyone cheered. Same during the opening credits when Karen Allen and Harrison Ford's names went on. Some even booed when it said 'Shia LaBeouf' :p

Anyway, the crowd loved it, but everyone laughed at the nuked fridge (not in a good way). I did hear a few people say 'Aliens? Come on.' or 'THAT was disappointing.'

For the most part everyone loved it. It was a blast. (y)

I see that some people booed when Shia's name came up. See this is the kind of crappy fanboy BS that we have to deal with in these jaded and sarcastic times we live in. I mean that's just plain rude! Shia is a fine actor and deserves better treatment than Hayden Christensen should get.

Col. Detritch

Ah! What a day. I went to a midday screening for my birthday. I was pumped and so was the crowd of young to old people alike. We watched the trailers and then the lights went dim, my hart pounding. Then Indy's thrown from the cra, the raiders march cues, every onetakes an exited deep breath out. Russian's!:D

The crowd loved it. Pure fun. Laughter, joy and I had a fue , 'I knew it's' as well. A wonderful theater experience I'll not soon forget, the best so far anyway. I think the biggest laugh was with Dovchenco's 'Oh for love of God! Shut the hell up!' Classic!:hat:

Indy's Fist

Col. Detritch said:
Ah! What a day. I went to a midday screening for my birthday. I was pumped and so was the crowd of young to old people alike. We watched the trailers and then the lights went dim, my hart pounding. Then Indy's thrown from the cra, the raiders march cues, every onetakes an exited deep breath out. Russian's!:D

The crowd loved it. Pure fun. Laughter, joy and I had a fue , 'I knew it's' as well. A wonderful theater experience I'll not soon forget, the best so far anyway. I think the biggest laugh was with Dovchenco's 'Oh for love of God! Shut the hell up!' Classic!:hat:
I love it! That's awsome!

loganbush

Came in full garb. A radio station took my picture. Some hot Indy girls liked my costume alot. All the usual responses at the midnight show. My favorite thing I ever heard was a guy behind me said at the end "I was expecting Will Smith to pop up and punch the alien and say 'welcome to earth'." :D

IAdventurer01

I came to the opening midnight performance of the movie with two of my friends who were extremely casual fans. (I found out that night that one of them hadn't even seen Raiders... :rolleyes: )
Due to this, I came with just an Indy T-Shirt. I was expecting a bunch of people in costume, but those few I saw were incredibly lackluster. We came about 2 hours before the showing expecting the place to be packed and we hadn't preordered tickets. When we arrived, it was only us and the staff. :eek:
It was showing in two theaters. One theater was pretty filled with little kids who seemed to be really noisy. My friends and I were in a theater with 10 other people in it. It was pretty quiet.

I had a goofy grin on my face the entire time, one of my friends really liked it and the Raiderless one said it wasn't nearly as bad as he thought, and actually kind of liked it - whatever that means on the scale. It was a fun experience, though it lacked the expected fanfare.

indyclone25

well my wife and i and my son went to see indiana jones at the first midnight showing --- the audience was bigand along with me and my son , both dressed as indy there were a few other in makeshift costumes , one guy had a piece of rope for his bullwhip. when the movie started people cheered and throughout the laughed and gasped at the certian scenes. when the movie was over people clapped and cheered and as we got up to leave people asked to take pics of my son and i , which we said yes to , it was a 15 minute drive home but it was an excited one as i replayed what i had seen and was glad i was going to see it again the next day .

kongisking

When seeing it for the second time in the cinema, the audience I was with seemed to really get a kick out of it. I especially remember when the quicksand (pardon me, "dry sand-pit"!) scene arrived. Shia throws an object out of frame, and we see Marion be pulled out with Indy looking on in horror. Then Mutt turns 'round...and the audience roared. One lady even laughed aloud, "Oh, God! Because he hates snakes!" :cool:

AnnieJones

kongisking said:
When seeing it for the second time in the cinema, the audience I was with seemed to really get a kick out of it. I especially remember when the quicksand (pardon me, "dry sand-pit"!) scene arrived. Shia throws an object out of frame, and we see Marion be pulled out with Indy looking on in horror. Then Mutt turns 'round...and the audience roared. One lady even laughed aloud, "Oh, God! Because he hates snakes!" :cool:

Lol! That's funny!

wolfgang

Wow, what a day that was! The night before I could hardly sleep. I was thinking so much about it and all the time I waited. All the visits to theraider.net hoping to gt good news about the film. And the next day I was going to watch it with some friends....I had a hard time sleeping.

So the next day I was excited. I remember that watching the words "Indiana Jones" at the top of the theater's entrance was almost surreal to me.

bonoferox

indyclone25 said:
well my wife and i and my son went to see indiana jones at the first midnight showing --- the audience was bigand along with me and my son , both dressed as indy there were a few other in makeshift costumes , one guy had a piece of rope for his bullwhip. when the movie started people cheered and throughout the laughed and gasped at the certian scenes. when the movie was over people clapped and cheered and as we got up to leave people asked to take pics of my son and i , which we said yes to , it was a 15 minute drive home but it was an excited one as i replayed what i had seen and was glad i was going to see it again the next day .

Very nice :) Well said

wolfgang

OH! I also remember that as Mutt is about to put the fedora on, my best friend sitting beside me was trying to be a pain saying "See? He is the new young indy, I told you, he'll be the new young indy" repeatedly which was annoying, not because of what he was saying (which wasn't bothering me since I had prepared myself mentally for it), but it was annoying because he was interrupting my concentration on the movie.

Then when Indy gets the hat I screamed "Young Indy?! F@#$ YOU!" Very loud and gave him the finger. And now I realize I probably sounded like an idiot.

kongisking

wolfgang said:
OH! I also remember that as Mutt is about to put the fedora on, my best friend sitting beside me was trying to be a pain saying "See? He is the new young indy, I told you, he'll be the new young indy" repeatedly which was annoying, not because of what he was saying (which wasn't bothering me since I had prepared myself mentally for it), but it was annoying because he was interrupting my concentration on the movie.

Then when Indy gets the hat I screamed "Young Indy?! F@#$ YOU!" Very loud and gave him the finger. And now I realize I probably sounded like an idiot.

No, you totally did the right thing. People like him are why so many fans hated the movie, because they presume the filmmakers' aren't aware of what fans think of the whole "Shia replacing Indy" concept. By having this moment, 'Berg was telling us, "Hey, calm down! Don't worry, Indy will always be the Man in the Hat! You guys are right, and we never did intend to do such a thing. Rest easy now, fans!"

Unfortunately, so many disgruntled fans totally missed the message, and took it as actually APPROVING and CONFIRMING what they feared! Sigh. :(

indyj0nes

AnnieJones said:
I was just wondering if any of you had any experiences(good,bad,or neither)at the theater while watching Indy 4? Personally,I had one.It happened during the sand pit scene and my family and I were sitting near the middle back of the theater and there was this guy,maybe in his 40s sitting toward our front right,and when Marion said,"He's your son",the guy yelled,"I knew it",like as if he thought he was the only one who suspected it.

Just putting this out there,but according to my ticket I saw Indy 4 on May 28,2008 at 4:00 P.M. and the ticket was $6.75(now a tickets are $7.00).
really funny story, there was a kid near me who was completely suprised when he found out. I went to see this film in my indy gear and a boy slapped of my hat and started laughing, he then ran off and hid in the toilets, ha ha. my dad shook his head at the fridge scene( that i thaught was bad @$$:) there were also many people dancing to the indy theme when the credits came on. i laughed.

pellman

I watched it in a college town.

Theatre was packed. Before the previews or anything, two streakers ran down the aisle, the first one wearing a Gray alien mask and the second "chasing" him wearing a fedora. The alien streaker jumped around some acting goofy to draw attention to both of them. They both ran out the exit door which led directly outside.

Fraternity hazing probably. I guess they had to do it when the lights were still up since they wouldn't be noticed as much in the dark. But all I could think was, "You guys paid 8 bucks to do that and you didn't even get to see the movie!?!?" To hell with the fraternity, I want to see Indiana Jones!

AnnieJones

I just remembered another experience I had when I watched this movie in the theater.It was near the end of the movie and it was the scene where Mutt wanted to leave,then Indy told Mutt "Why don't you stick around,Junior?" some of the audience members laughed.Most likely because it reminded them of the "junior" jokes from LC.

fenris

When I was about to watch KOTCS in the theater for the first time, my knees were shaking and weak......... not from excitement, though.

There was a big wall-climbing area right beside the cinema entrance and I just had to try it out. I had minutes to kill before the movie started anyway. After I got down and we (my mom and my wife) walked towards the entrance, I felt my knees start to wobble and my fingers ached. Too much adventure before the movie, I guess.

Henry W Jones

Went opening day, first showing. So I'm watching the movie, I'm digging the fact Indy's on the screen again. Mutt a Indy are on the motorcycle being chased, Indy punches the guy thru the car window, and I hear behind me "OHHHH". And from there on this lady chose to make loud noises and talk to the screen anytime something happened. Finally when Indy says " I get it, three times it drops. One,Two" . Before Indy could says it she said " and thats three!!!!!!" I got upset and told her I waited nearly twenty years to see this movie and paid good money to see Indy say the lines not her. If I want commentary I would wait for the DVD. I'm pretty sure I p*ssed her off. But she shut her face and hopefully next time she goes to the movies she will remember she not at home and should let people enjoy the movie that they paid top dollar to go see.