• Steele and Jones

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Bill Kelso

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other (post about it below)

Votes: 15 20.3%

• Total voters

Drones33

Really is wearing-in nicely isn't it. That's one of the things I love about them, they get better with age(y)

Glenville86

Glenville86 said:
Not sure yet if it will survive the clothing donation people who come around every 3-months. ;) I could treat it but honestly have done a few jackets with pecards and it is just a bit time consuming and messy. Maybe it will look different if I wet it down in the shower.

Also got an on sale US Wings USA made Legend in striated lamb. Nice jacket. Nice dark color and a heavy lamb. Funny thing is I cannot see very much in the way of striations in the leather but suppose they will develop some with wear. Seems funny after having the BK and S&J that are way heavy in striations.

I gave in did 2 of my jackets in pecards today. The novapelle Raiders jacket now is a dark brown. I have a feeling this leather will show the base color with every scrape and such. Should give it a good distressed look.

Glenville86

Major West said:
Yes I see what you mean. Curious to see how the ToD jacket turns out.

Some more shots of the pre-distressed Hide jacket. It's been a cold week and this jacket with it's thickness has definitely been worthy and kept the cold out I will say.

Click for bigger pic:

Looking good. :hat:

Drones33

Pecards

Glenville86 said:
I gave in did 2 of my jackets in pecards today. The novapelle Raiders jacket now is a dark brown. I have a feeling this leather will show the base color with every scrape and such. Should give it a good distressed look.
You're right, the Pecards thing is a bit time consuming. I think it's worth doing, but it is messy. And a bit boring. I always find that a supply of coffee and chocolate biscuits, and some decent tunes playing, helps a lot (y)
Any chance of a photo of your new Raiders in all its Pecarded glory?

Glenville86

Drones33 said:
You're right, the Pecards thing is a bit time consuming. I think it's worth doing, but it is messy. And a bit boring. I always find that a supply of coffee and chocolate biscuits, and some decent tunes playing, helps a lot (y)

I have to stay at home tomorrow due to some German workers finishing up some work at the house I am renting. Wife will be gone and might have a chance.

Major West

Looks like I may have got the last batch of current look pre-distressed hide from Wested. Looking on their Facebook page they say they are thinking of using a new hide, slightly softer, more a cross between novapelle and cow, less shiny but a different colour, lighter and more brown looking. I'm not sure I like it. As pointed out though, the predistressed hide does soften and break in the more you wear it, I'm perfectly happy with my jacket.

Glenville86

Drones33 said:

Glenville86

It is brown now but lurking underneath is the gray. The novapelle skin when received looked gray with hundreds of darker tiny spots. I think as it is worn and the real leather color surfaces, it will have a unique look to it. Even after the pecards, it is not a uniform color.

Drones33

It's a shame Wested have moved on from their pre distressed cow. The Major's right, it's a great hide and it ages really well. Must check out the new one.

Last edited:

Major West

I now know what they mean when they say movie processing or filtering effected the look of the jacket in the film. Made it look darker, particularly in Raiders. I was wearing my Lambskin Raiders today and took a picture, I had the camera set to a certain filter on the phone, not intentionally, and well you can see the jacket looks very dark, almost black. In person the jacket is chocolate brown colour. As posted a couple of pages back.

Raiders_Car.jpg

Incidentally, while I was there I had my LC Lambskin in the car and decided to zip it up and throw it around hard on the concrete car park floor, which is rough. After doing that a few times I smacked it against one of the concrete pillars a few times. There was barely a scratch on the jacket (Authentic Lambskin), just a tiny scuff on one of the edges. Just goes to show it would take a reasonable beating. Gave up after that.:D :hat:

Drones33

"Incidentally, while I was there I had my LC Lambskin in the car and decided to zip it up and throw it around hard on the concrete car park floor, which is rough. After doing that a few times I smacked it against one of the concrete pillars a few times. There was barely a scratch on the jacket (Authentic Lambskin), just a tiny scuff on one of the edges. Just goes to show it would take a reasonable beating. Gave up after that."

I wonder where the myth that lambskin is delicate came from. In my experience, and as demonstrated above, it's very resilient.

Major West

Yup.

A few quick shots of the Shrunken Lamb Temple of Doom. Pleased with it, and very comfortable to wear. Before I bought any IJ jacket I always thought the ToD jacket was my favourite. I know it's a lot of peoples least favourite. Having owned them all now, I like them all equally. They each offer their own 'coolness'.

Click for larger pic:

Drones33

Oh, first class. I was hoping you'd post a few pics. Looks ace, great colour.
Two questions... How does the fit feel in relation to Westeds Raiders and LC? On their website it says that the TOD is the most tailored of all their Indy jackets.
And what are your initial thoughts on the shrunken lamb?

Major West

Thanks, yes the Shrunken Lamb seems to be a good colour option for ToD. The other thing I noticed is the collar hang is exactly the same as many scenes in the movie (when the jacket is unzipped), where the right side of the collar lays down almost flat and the other side more raised, collar like. I suppose because the jacket was copied from a screen used jacket, and the shrunken lamb is the most accurate look and feel of the leather.

The first question. My Raiders and LC are off the rack jackets. Size 42. This ToD is also chest 42" but of course custom. Yes you're right it does say the ToD, is the most tailored. It looks a little bit more of a snug fit, visually, but it doesn't really feel it. The only place I think I feel it is across the back, you feel a little bit less room there, tiny amount, but it doesn't inhibit any of your movement or comfort at all. The jacket still feels relaxed and I can wear a jumper underneath it as well. In other words I wouldn't let that put you off. Order your usual chest size.

The second question. The Shrunken Lamb, my initial reaction on opening the package was, this looks like some old jacket.:D Because I'm used to the jackets having a cleaner glossy look to them. I also was unsure of the colour. I think indoor lighting doesn't help, and as soon as I went outdoors it looked much better. Then I looked at HD screencaps from ToD, and it seemed a good closeness to the jacket at the start of the film, when it's just a little dusty looking. Of course in the end scene the jacket is shredded and ripped in places to the point you'd think even Indy would have chucked it away and got a new jacket, which of course he did. Anyway, I like the look and feel of the shrunken lamb. I'm sold on it now I think.

I ordered it with cotton sleeves and buckles. Back length 25.5 sleeves 23.5.
I read on another forum that 25.5 was the backlength of Fords jacket in the film. Can't verify that, but it just happened to be the length I wanted anyway. (y) There is a slight shoulder overhang, which I was aware of and I have quite broad shoulders. So that should be taken into account.

Last edited:

Drones33

Dr.Sartorius said:
EDIT: please delete

Wonder what this was???
Anyway, thanks Major. I don't have a TOD yet, but feel I should to add to the collection. Next on the list I think.(y)

Major West

Just put my Authentic lambskin ToD jacket (not the one above which is shrunken) in the washing machine for 15 minutes. See what happens. (y)