Back in the Saddle

Indy McFly

Hello to all.

Indy McFly here. I am a well known Marty McFly cosplayer and spent 2015 enjoying the madness of that year. That lead me to neglect my other passion, Indiana Jones. Now that its 2016 I will be coming back into the world of Indy.

I cover the cosplay world as a Staff Writer for IndyMag and I hope that you will all subscribe to that. Despite the instant world we live in, its still good to have a real publication to enjoy. The magazine is free and can be found at:

http://theindianajonesarc.wix.com/indymag Or IndyMag.org

I look forward to seeing all at Con's and on the forum.

Last edited:

Drones33

Welcome aboard :hat: Funnily enough I'm soon to be making my maiden voyage into the world of Indy cosplay, MCM ComicCon is coming to my part of the world in March and so I'm going in full Indy gear (trying to persuade Wife to go as Marion, Raven Bar outfit) so your arrival is perfectly timed. Looking forward to seeing some of your cosplay posts...

Indy McFly

Most major Indy fans have some kind of Indy wear. The difference as a cosplayer is that, not only do you attempt to perfect your costume to the best of your ability and $$ resources, but you also try to capture the manor-isms, and persona of the character. That is what makes a cosplayer a little different. Not quite a historical reenactor, but more than just a guy who dresses up. :whip:

Drones33

Indy McFly said:
Most major Indy fans have some kind of Indy wear. The difference as a cosplayer is that, not only do you attempt to perfect your costume to the best of your ability and $$ resources, but you also try to capture the manor-isms, and persona of the character. That is what makes a cosplayer a little different. Not quite a historical reenactor, but more than just a guy who dresses up. :whip:
Never really thought of it in those terms. So I suppose a cosplayer must have to take himself quite seriously then.
I'm looking forward to going to my first ComicCon in my Indy gear and seeing the various cosplayers in action, I don't think I'll be doing any Indy impressions though, I'll be just a guy who's dressed up.

Indy McFly

Drones33 said:
Never really thought of it in those terms. So I suppose a cosplayer must have to take himself quite seriously then.
I'm looking forward to going to my first ComicCon in my Indy gear and seeing the various cosplayers in action, I don't think I'll be doing any Indy impressions though, I'll be just a guy who's dressed up.

In the end, its all about having fun and meeting new people, especially those who love the same things you do.(y)