Indy 5 news 2017

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
More Karen Allen:
Initially I felt sad because we had a blast working with Shia on Crystal Skull. He had just turned 21, and I adored him. He was just the most lovely, hardworking, emotionally vulnerable person. At the time, we had no idea if there would be another [movie] but there was that beautiful little wink at the end where he starts to take the hat and Indy comes and takes it away from him. Reading that [article] put an end to that as a possibility. I mean, there was no indication as to why that was true ? whether he doesn?t want to do it or they just made the decision in terms of where they?re going with the story ? and it?s a complete mystery to me as to whether or not Marion is even a part of this next one. But I?m sorry that he won?t be a part of it. I guess [Indiana and Marion] sent him off to school after all!

Raiders90

If a script is done, and Allen doesn't even know whether Marion is coming back, it's a good bet that she either isn't coming back or her role is minimal. Hopefully the former is the case. I have nothing against Karen Allen or the character but Ford's last outing as Indy needs to see him go back to his roots - cut out the bloat.

Silvor

Raiders112390 said:
If a script is done, and Allen doesn't even know whether Marion is coming back, it's a good bet that she either isn't coming back or her role is minimal. Hopefully the former is the case. I have nothing against Karen Allen or the character but Ford's last outing as Indy needs to see him go back to his roots - cut out the bloat.
Or Ford is a lot higher up than her in the chain of who reads the work in progress script as he's one of the main driving forces behind getting the movie made.
Koepp stated in a recent interview that the script isn't done yet and that there was a lot of work left.
Just because Ford got a text saying the script was ready for him to read doesn't mean it's done.

Udvarnoky

Agreed. The script is probably only between Spielberg, Koepp and Ford at this point. If I remember correctly, Karen Allen was not informed that she would be in Crystal Skull until pretty late in the game as well.

IndyBuff

Until everything's finalized there are probably only a few who really know what's going on. Once the script is finished and finalized the rest of the cast should fall into place.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Udvarnoky said:
Agreed. The script is probably only between Spielberg, Koepp and Ford at this point. If I remember correctly, Karen Allen was not informed that she would be in Crystal Skull until pretty late in the game as well.

Ford won't see the script until the mouse signs off on it.

Pale Horse

Staff member
hismasterplan said:
Loved his answer.

So tragic. So old. Not that old is tragic, but to assume that this gentleman, at his age can pursue an action film, is the true travesty. You have to remember that the Blade Runner scenes that we will see this year, are probably 18 months old at the minimum

Silvor

Pale Horse said:
So tragic. So old. Not that old is tragic, but to assume that this gentleman, at his age can pursue an action film, is the true travesty. You have to remember that the Blade Runner scenes that we will see this year, are probably 18 months old at the minimum
Oh c'mon!
You know Ford really has problems with interviews and how uncomfortable they make him. If you were to judge his movie performances based on his interviews he'd never be able to do any of his movies.

Face_Melt

Pale Horse said:

I bet Ford could kick your ass, easily.

Raiders90

Pale Horse said:

He interviewed awkwardly back when he was young.
"So old." No offense, but I've seen you pushing this line for YEARS. It's like you have something against older people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcPRbke-hxI

Same year, comes off much more energetic.

Pale Horse said:

Sorry, I should have clarified which part of Ford's answer I was referring too. It was a big deal but I was tired. I meant his answer about being ready to fight nazis and white supremacists in real life and that the story would be good and evil, if not about specifically nazis.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Face_Palm said:
I bet Ford could kick your ass, easily.

TbyVyx0.gif

IndyBuff

Ford has always been sarcastic and snarky in interviews. He's one of the few actors I actually enjoy watching in those situations because of it.;)

Pale Horse

Staff member
Z dweller said:
Some plebes actually agree with you, Horsie. ;)

It's not ageism, or even ford hating. It's recognizing that action and age are not good bedfellows.

There is a season for everything. Most of the greats that are Ford's generation have long since put films behind them, much less action ones.

The only way I see this working at this point, is having an academic Jones, heading a conference in real-time and he is taking questions from the audience about his storied career. As a senior, he expounds his wisdom and regalia to the very attentive audience, and you slowly fade from that scene, to a flashback adventure of yester-year. He bookends the true (reboot adventure cliffhanger) film.

Hell, leave the story he's telling as a true cliffhanger akin to the films this series set to honor. Ford can exit this with Dignity, all people alike get satisfied, Corporate Mouse has a new face to proceed, if they want to.