Grimoire Maudit

Stoo

HOORAY HOORAY! Junior Jones swings in on his whip and saves the day!:whip:
I'll have to add your name to the credits page. Hats off to you, sir.:hat:

Stoo

Grimoire Maudit - TRANSLATED (Part 5B)

Yesterday, Junior Jones sent me 12 new pages so he has been instrumental toward breathing new life into this project. ALL HAIL JUNIOR JONES!:hat:

Translated versions of the last 2 pages provided by DIrishB (wherever he may B).

GrimoireMaudit_12_ENG.jpg

GrimoireMaudit_13_ENG.jpg

Stoo

Part 6 Preview

Just to show that this thread is not DEAD:dead:...an example of Junior Jones' original scan and the finished product (in an attempt to match the previously posted pages):

GrimoireMaudit_14_Comparison.jpg

More to follow! Stay tuned...;)

m-3po

Wow - how on earth do you turn that into that? I wish i had your know how, there are some photos of my daughter in Australia that could do with something similar.

Icybro

Stoo, this is great stuff. I know it must be a lot of work, but man, the results are just stunning. Thanks so much, and keep up the good work!

Stoo

Part 6

Thanks for the kind words, m-3PO and Icybro.:) Here's the next batch...

GrimoireMaudit_14_ENG.jpg

GrimoireMaudit_15_ENG.jpg

GrimoireMaudit_16_ENG.jpg

The last panel reads awkwardly ("completed to change the destination") but it's the best I could do.

indyclone25

this is great !! i hope to finally get the third book copied this way since i have the first and second stories in my collection, i know it takes a hard turn to copy some of these pages , like when i did the pyramid book last year , but its nice to see all the work you guys put into it , thanks a bunch:D

Stoo

Hey, Indyclone, that was actually almost 2 years ago for "Pyramide"!:eek: Thanks again for posting those as it really got the boulder rolling. When "Grimoire" is done, I want to revisit your "Pyramid" scans and re-do them properly.

I recently finished translating the text for the rest of Junior/Phil's pages (up to pg. 24) and Indy still hasn't worn his hat!:confused: I'll try to get the next 3 pages up soon.

@Darth Klaus: You're welcome. It's a community service, provided by and for the people.:)

Stoo

Part 7

Hey, Phil. No need to fire up your scanner immediately but soon enough. I translated the text but haven't fixed all the remaining pages yet. You can hold off for a little while...Looking forward to see if Indy ever puts on his hat!

Here's 2 more. Seemed like a good place to leave off...

GrimoireMaudit_17_ENG.jpg

GrimoireMaudit_18_ENG.jpg

P.S. I looked into the clock-face saying, "Vulnerant omnes, ultima necat" which, as Indy says, means "All wound, the last kills". The "All" is referring to "hours" so "All hours wound..."

This is of interest to me considering the only term on clockfaces that I'm familiar with is Tempis fugit.;) You learn something new everyday.

Stoo

Part 8

Things are getting kind of stale in Indy Land so here's the next batch for starving fans. (Phil, I have 3 more to go and after those are done you'll have to fire up your scanner.;))

21 pages into the story and he still hasn't worn his hat!:eek:

GrimoireMaudit_19_ENG.jpg

GrimoireMaudit_20_ENG.jpg

GrimoireMaudit_21_ENG.jpg

indyclone25

as far as i know there were only three books
the city of lightning
the secret of the pyramids
cursed book of magic
thats the english translations , i forget the french titles but if you look them up here in the threads you can find the titles in french.they have been out of print awhile tho , so good luck in finding them :D

Stoo

Hey, dd! Indyclone is right. There are only 3.

I've only been to 1 comic book store in Paris and it didn't have any old stuff but a good place to search would be the street vendors that line the south bank of the river Seine near Notre Dame Cathedral. There are hundreds of them and most sell old books, etc. I found a couple of 1970s French "Planet of the Apes" comics at one stand a few years ago so you might have some luck there. (Not sure if you're going to Paris and I'm also not sure if the vendors are open every day of the week.) Le Saboteur might be able to give you some other suggestions.

Have a look at these threads to see what the covers for the other 2 look like.

Indiana Jones et le Secret de la Pyramide
Indiana Jones et la Cité de la Foudre (Look at post #11 for the correct cover. Post #1 is the Canadian version.)

Have a great trip!:hat:

P.S. As mentioned a few posts back, I have 3 more pages left to finish and then I'll need a new batch of scans to continue...(Hi, Phil!;))

Junior Jones

Stoo said:
Hey, dd! Indyclone is right. There are only 3.

There was a fourth title, Bedouins de la Mer, but as far as I can tell it was never published.

Stoo said:
P.S. As mentioned a few posts back, I have 3 more pages left to finish and then I'll need a new batch of scans to continue...(Hi, Phil!;))

Thanks for the reminder. :hat: