Anybody who still thinks Harrisons age is an issue...

commontone

I mean this as an honest, serious question: ClintonHammond, why do you visit this board? I'm not trying to start a fight. I just don't get it. You clearly are not happy with how you perceive Indy 4 to be turning out, and have only negative, and often inane things to say. Actually, not just Indy 4; you're down on Harrison Ford, Spielberg, Lucas, pretty much everyone involved with the Indy enterprise. Why in the world are you here, if not to push everyone's buttons? You MUST have better things to do with your time, and if you don't, I'd start looking.

Personally, I'm only active on forums for things I enjoy and care about. You seem to be the opposite. What else do you hate, and are you active on forums about that too?

This is an Indiana Jones forum.... not a Harrison Ford forum... Not a George Lucas forum.... Not a Steven Speilburk forum....

The Indy 'franchise' is SO much more than the 3 of them, even put together.

Why do you LET my posts push your poor little buttons so?

Finn

Staff member
ClintonHammond said:
This is an Indiana Jones forum.... not a Harrison Ford forum... Not a George Lucas forum.... Not a Steven Speilburk forum....
Just don't start dissing Indy then.

ClintonHammond said:
The Indy 'franchise' is SO much more than the 3 of them, even put together.
That's true. Rob McGregor, Max McCoy, Hal Barwood... just to mention a few names who prove that great many stories about our hero are out there with little or none influence from the beards or Ford.

commontone

ClintonHammond said:
Why do you LET my posts push your poor little buttons so?

They pretty much don't, I ignore you most of the time. My post was calm and collected. You do incite a lot of impassioned, emotional responses though..that's what I'm referring to. It's what you enjoy here, I assume.

Still, that's pretty poor reasoning on your part. By that logic I could walk up to someone and punch him in the face, and then chide him for "letting" me get him so angry? Honestly...are you in seventh grade?

FordFan

ClintonHammond said:
He's been phoning it in and sucking for more than a decade....

It's like he took a SUCK lesson or 3 from Sean Connery.....

You'll be at the midnight show, same as everyone here. Paying money just like everyone else. You can't deny it.

"I could walk up to someone and punch him in the face"
What I post here doesn't 'hurt' anyone, unless they let it hurt them... a punch in the face is a LOT different, I'm sure you'll agree.

"You'll be at the midnight show... You can't deny it"
Wanna put a thousand bucks on that? Right here in front of everyone?

Didn't think you had the courage of your so-called convictions....

commontone

ClintonHammond said:
"I could walk up to someone and punch him in the face"
What I post here doesn't 'hurt' anyone, unless they let it hurt them... a punch in the face is a LOT different, I'm sure you'll agree.

You tend to destructively attack things that are obviously held near and dear to people here (why else would they be here?). Metaphorically it's a punch to the soul, or something. It's not a perfect analogy but it is viable.

kongisking

nezobiwan said:
I must say I LOVE Christian Bale. In fact I'll go so far as to say he's currently my favorite currently working actor. However, I don't know if he can do Indy.

I'm not questioning his ability--more questioning if he can seamlessly pull off "the look."

Then perhaps you'll be happy to know that Bale has been (get ready for this, I'm not lying...) cast as the adult "Great Military Leader" John Conner in the upcoming Terminator Salvation: The War Begins. :cool: :cool: :cool: Personally, I think that this news might be a sign that the new producers actually know what they are doing this time around. I hope this cheers you up just a little bit, ClintonHammond.

(That was a joke, CH. I'm just trying to be humerous, I mean zero offense. I think the reason you dislike me is 'cause you may have taken my jokes and wry sarcasm as insults. I apologise if this is so.)

Stoo

ClintonHammond said:
.... who has time for TV?

"some get really bent out of shape"
Seems like quite the waste of energy to me....
...says a guy with 3,800 posts.:rolleyes:

nezobiwan

kongisking said:
Then perhaps you'll be happy to know that Bale has been (get ready for this, I'm not lying...) cast as the adult "Great Military Leader" John Conner in the upcoming Terminator Salvation: The War Begins. :cool: :cool: :cool: Personally, I think that this news might be a sign that the new producers actually know what they are doing this time around.

Yeah I don't know how I feel about that... I was never in to the Terminator movies. Though I have met Eddie Furlong in person... I took a picture of my friend and him together at a convention. I feel bad--he asked me if I wanted a picture with him also and I said "Nah."

Bullwhip

I'd find it more interesting if there was a cleverness behind his curmudgeon shtick. Some gleam of crazy wit in his eye. Mostly it's just mean for the sake of being mean, and it's all executed sloppily to boot.

"I think the reason you dislike me"
I don't dislike you.... Nor do I like you... I'm completely indifferent toward you because I don't know you.... You're just posts on a message board to me.

"it's a punch to the soul"
There's no such thing as a 'soul'... so no... your analogy isn't even 'viable'.... care to try again?

commontone

ClintonHammond said:
There's no such thing as a 'soul'... so no... your analogy isn't even 'viable'.... care to try again?

I hafta say I did enjoy that one. So classically ironic it hurts.

I will try again--replace "soul" with "personal collective of values, passions, interests, experiences and love." And no, you can't tell me those don't exist. You may not like my choice of a label for those things, but everyone has them.

"personal collective of values, passions, interests, experiences and love."

Fine... and the only way anyone can attack those, can hurt them, is if you LET them....

(OR if your convictions in those things were never very strong in the first place)

Nothing anybody says on the internet has any effect, unless you allow it to have an effect

"This thread is getting pretty BO-RING. "
Then don't read it or post to it....

"And heinously off-topic."
So, post something on-topic...

Your post above is very nearly the LEAST contributory thing anyone has posted so far....

Here's one of the issues I see.... Some unfortunate people are unable to endure criticism of something they like without taking it personally. Near as I can tell it's a mark of emotional and intellectual immaturity.

nezobiwan

ClintonHammond said:
"This thread is getting pretty BO-RING. "
Then don't read it or post to it....

"And heinously off-topic."
So, post something on-topic...

Your post above is very nearly the LEAST contributory thing anyone has posted so far....

Here's one of the issues I see.... Some unfortunate people are unable to endure criticism of something they like without taking it personally. Near as I can tell it's a mark of emotional and intellectual immaturity.

Here's an issue I see.... Almost every thread I have read regularly or enjoyed has been ruined by an argument that has ensued between you and another member or members of the forum. And I see it as a mark of IMMATURITY to criticize absolutely everything, KNOWING that "Some unfortunate people are unable to endure criticism of something they like without taking it personally."

It's not a question of whether THEY should be taking things personally, but rather a question of whether YOU should exploit that to provoke them needlessly when YOU KNOW that the people you are speaking to tend to react that way.

Definition of insanity: repeating an action, each time expecting different results.

Come to terms with the fact that people are going to take what you say personally and have a HEART to care. KNOW that this block of text was written by a PERSON and not by some computer program created for your personal enjoyment. And in doing so, have some RESPONSIBILITY and INITIATIVE.

If you truly consider others to be "unfortunate," show some bleeding COMPASSION.

Indiana Jones sure as hell would. :p :hat: