"Which avatar should I use?" - A Thread for Everybody

DiscoLad

It's not so much getting used to an avatar as much as it is becoming a part of your style. :D

I mean who looks at names anymore.

Montana Smith

I've had three avatars in my time here, and they've all been non-human, living creatures, as they seemed to be kind of neutral.

First there was the Prairie Dog, then the Crystal Skull. I finally settled on Indiana the Dog as he was the most neutral Indy icon of all, and he doesn't imply favouritism for KOTCS like the first two.

Dr. Gonzo

Association by avatar.
I have to say I usually identify the poster with their avatar before name.
(I mean folks that post regularly anyway)
So many recognizable ones like Finn, Attila, Pale Horse, Moedred, Stoo, Dr. Sartorius, The Man, Nurhachi1991, Montana Smith, Resident Alien, Lonesome_Drifter, Rocket Surgeon, Indy's Brother, Doc Whiskey...
There's a bunch more but poster's like the above mentioned I instantly recognize from their avatar... no need to look at the names for me.

Just made me think, I'm I the only one using the "butler"?

DiscoLad

Dr. Gonzo said:
Association by avatar.
I have to say I usually identify the poster with their avatar before name.
(I mean folks that post regularly anyway)
So many recognizable ones like Finn, Attila, Pale Horse, Moedred, Stoo, Dr. Sartorius, The Man, Nurhachi1991, Montana Smith, Resident Alien, Lonesome_Drifter, Rocket Surgeon, Indy's Brother, Doc Whiskey...
There's a bunch more but poster's like the above mentioned I instantly recognize from their avatar... no need to look at the names for me.

Just made me think, I'm I the only one using the "butler"?

Left out your old pal Disco. :(

No im just kidding.
But I believe I have seen one other person a long time ago with the Butler. I mean there's bound to be a few, They just arn't regulars. :)

I always read the name first, the Avatar is secondary. I pretty much scoff at the mole/hedgehog/beaver. The cartoon ones are still a mystery for the most part.

The Drifter

Rocket Surgeon said:
I always read the name first, the Avatar is secondary. I pretty much scoff at the mole/hedgehog/beaver. The cartoon ones are still a mystery for the most part.

I can usually tell who is posting by just glancing at their avatar. But, on certain occasions I will also look at the user-name just to be sure who's posted.