Article: "'Real guy' Indiana Jones ready to return"

The Man

This constant comparison with The Dark Knight is so self-defeatist. Maybe - just maybe - we can enjoy both, no?

|ZiR|

The Man said:
This constant comparison with The Dark Knight is so self-defeatist. Maybe - just maybe - we can enjoy both, no?

No, that is in fact impossible. It's either one or the other.

ONE OR THE OTHER. CHOOSE OR GET OUT.

edit: Am I the only one who think's it's strange that Sean Patrick Flanery got to see a pre-release screening of the film? Seems weird, is all. I wonder how many other Indy alumni got an advance look at KotCS.

The Man

|ZiR| said:

THIS IS FASCISM GONE REALLY, REALLY FASCIST!!!*

*I choose Indy.

Crack that whip

|ZiR| said:

edit: Am I the only one who think's it's strange that Sean Patrick Flanery got to see a pre-release screening of the film? Seems weird, is all. I wonder how many other Indy alumni got an advance look at KotCS.

Well, IIRC, Kevin Smith got to attend a prerelease screening of Star Wars - Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, and he's never been involved with a Star Wars production at all, or even any Lucasfilm ones; he just makes movies of his own with people who talk about Star Wars (and Indiana Jones). If George or the other High Gods of Lucasfilm deemed him worthy of an advance viewing of the movie for that, it certainly doesn't seem out of line for actual Indy alumni to get to see the new Indy even if they weren't personally involved.

(One presumes Kate Capshaw, who isn't in this as far as we non-spoiler types know, nevertheless got to see it in advance as well, but then I think she may have a special "in" with someone on the production...)

James

The Man said:

Agree completely.

But if they really want us to choose, then I say this as a huge and longtime Batman fan with an unblemished record of complete devotion:

**** Batman.

Last edited:

scifiwolf

Kind of an amateurish article, but some good stuff in there. It's interesting to hear that George wanted something really "wacky" for the movie. I'm going to be ever-grateful that Indy fans have Harrison and Steven to curb George's more stupid ideas.

In response to the whole Dark Knight vs Indy 4 stuff, I say "who gives a rat's f***?" Go enjoy both movies.

|ZiR| said:
Am I the only one who think's it's strange that Sean Patrick Flanery got to see a pre-release screening of the film? Seems weird, is all. I wonder how many other Indy alumni got an advance look at KotCS.

It's a sympathy screening that his career post-YIJ has relegated in the refuse of direct-to-video trash. They didn't want SPF to feel left out without getting some publicity.

DocWhiskey

OT: Wasn't there a fan film where Indiana Jones and Batman teamed up? Like it was called "Indiana Jones and the Relic of Gotham" or something.

Vendetta08

Crack that whip said:
Well, IIRC, Kevin Smith got to attend a prerelease screening of Star Wars - Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, and he's never been involved with a Star Wars production at all, or even any Lucasfilm ones; he just makes movies of his own with people who talk about Star Wars (and Indiana Jones). If George or the other High Gods of Lucasfilm deemed him worthy of an advance viewing of the movie for that, it certainly doesn't seem out of line for actual Indy alumni to get to see the new Indy even if they weren't personally involved.

(One presumes Kate Capshaw, who isn't in this as far as we non-spoiler types know, nevertheless got to see it in advance as well, but then I think she may have a special "in" with someone on the production...)

Isn't her cousin's friend a PA on Indy 4 or something?

Avilos

While Lucas and Flannery have not worked together in awhile they appear to still be on good terms. Actually with few exceptions, like David Prowse, George Lucas seems to have good relationships with all the actors he has worked with. Even those who don't think he is the greatest director! ;)

I bet all Sean had to do was call George Lucas or Rick McCallum up and ask to see the film.

Raiders90

Avilos said:
While Lucas and Flannery have not worked together in awhile they appear to still be on good terms. Actually with few exceptions, like David Prowse, George Lucas seems to have good relationships with all the actors he has worked with. Even those who don't think he is the greatest director! ;)

I bet all Sean had to do was call George Lucas or Rick McCallum up and ask to see the film.

I hope George makes a new Indy tv-movie with Sean, set around say 1923 or 1926.

Adamwankenobi

Avilos said:

In the last several interviews he's done (including some from just a week ago), each interviewer has asked him about KOTCS, and SPF would always say stuff like "They've got my 12 bucks!". So I assume he saw a screening within the last week.

Raiders112390 said:
I hope George makes a new Indy tv-movie with Sean, set around say 1923 or 1926.

That would be incredibly awesome, but SPF is 42 now, so unfortunately he's too old to play someone in their 20s.

Crack that whip

Indeed, it's been pointed out Sean Patrick Flanery is actually older now than Harrison Ford was when he first played Indy in Raiders of the Lost Ark, as hard as that is to believe. :eek:

Raiders112390 said:
He doesn't look 42 though. He could still pass for 27. I mean, Ford was playing a 39 year old Indy when he was 47.

Dude, have you SEEN SPF lately? He looks like he's about 50. Too much partying has really aged him.

Crack that whip

You're kidding, right? There's no way he looks 50.

Avilos just posted about audio programs over in the Literature forum, and noted SPF could still voice young Indy for an audio drama, if anyone ever decided to do one (for that matter, so could Harrison! - though I don't know that he'd be interested in a radio show, but you never know...). That'd be a really cool project, I think... (y)

Trust me, in real life he looks worse for wear. He was in my friend's movie. Sean parties hard and it has definitely shown on his face. He don't look like a kid anymore.